Sign in to follow this  
DinahLee

New Version of NFR to be released January 10th

it's a music retailer in the UK and it stocked a blue vinyl :)

Oh that’s just the amazon edition? Cause amazon shipped a blue vinyl too (that’s what I got)

Does anyone have a link for the "New Version" of Doin' Time? Thx

(meant a LEGAL link for streaming & to download the new version of the NFR album in case there was any confusion) 

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by California Sun
Please do not request illegal download links to copyrighted content available for purchase.

what's the problem with the mixing?

There are two versions of the mixing

Digital + single version:

The CD + vinyl pressing version:

You can hear alternative mixing throughout and also in particular there is a syncopated drum sample in the digital version at 0:59 which is missing in the CD pressing.  

3lfQEhw.png

There are two versions of the mixing

Digital + single version:

The CD + vinyl pressing version:

You can hear alternative mixing throughout and also in particular there is a syncopated drum sample in the digital version at 0:59 which is missing in the CD pressing.  

This is the first time I've heard the streaming/single version. No no no! I think I much prefer the "alternate" version I have been playing all along! 

i've never heard the digital/single version either before

the extra instrumentation reminds me of the radio demo

is that what they changed or do we still not know lmao

The single version samples the Lucky Ones demo drums, not sure if they are the same on the physical one

8nl2OpX.png

The single version samples the Lucky Ones demo drums

Not quite! I'm not sure who started the legend that it 'samples' the Lucky One demo, but they're actually not the same patch. Of course it shares the basic syncopated beat, but FIILY actually has a slightly more complex rhythm that alternates every repeat, and throughout the piece the high snare hit is slightly more sustained and at a lower pitch. It's also mixed totally differently.

3lfQEhw.png

This is the first time I've heard the streaming/single version. No no no! I think I much prefer the "alternate" version I have been playing all along! 

i've never heard the digital/single version either before

the extra instrumentation reminds me of the radio demo

is that what they changed or do we still not know lmao

You mean you haven't even watched the music video?  :creep:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

You mean you haven't even watched the music video?  :creep:

I never did...  :O  I think it came out the week the album was released? It was easy to avoid to just hear more of the album together all at once. I guess I never went back and watched it. 

I never did...  :O  I think it came out the week the album was released? It was easy to avoid to just hear more of the album together all at once. I guess I never went back and watched it. 

nnnnnnnn  :deadbanana: NO MA'AM! no way omg  :deadbanana:  :toofunny:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Not quite! I'm not sure who started the legend that it 'samples' the Lucky One demo, but they're actually not the same patch. Of course it shares the basic syncopated beat, but FIILY actually has a slightly more complex rhythm that alternates every repeat, and throughout the piece the high snare hit is slightly more sustained and at a lower pitch. It's also mixed totally differently.

god this is what i think every time i see someone say that a song "samples" another but i have terrible music vocabulary and i never kno how to say it but this hits the SPOT A+++++++++ #crying

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

god this is what i think every time i see someone say that a song "samples" another but i have terrible music vocabulary and i never kno how to say it but this hits the SPOT A+++++++++ #crying

My vocabulary is terrible as well and I'm no expert so drag me kings, Idk tbh it just sounds similar and it's all over the web :deadbanana: :toofunny:

8nl2OpX.png