Elle

62nd Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion Thread

Pop VOCAL  album? Ariana's, I feel like there's no need of explaining further. 

AOTY? Lana's. Most critically acclaimed album among the nominees, most no.1 rankings on year-end lists

But they gave these 2 awards to Billie because...idk, they got lazy? I don't have an explanation, Billie's album does not outmatch Ariana vocally or Lana compositionally or melodically

But what's new, the grammies are a popularity contest after all. Disappointed but not surprised. 

Damn I really though they will finally reward Lana and give her all the damn respect and appreciation she deserves, after so many years, many quality albums and so much hard work and influence over a fucking decade.

Ugly.

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Tbh I’m not surprised Billie swept. She campaigned really hard during the voting period. Literally did every possible interviews. Interscope even put up massive billboards in time square.

Lana did absolutely nothing even Taylor Swift campaigned for her. As soon I found out she’s not campaigning (fuck her managers), I just know she’ll lose despite the critics (and Taylor lol) helping her out.

Lana doesnt need awards to validate her artistry though... her art speaks for itself. Its too good for a grammy... a grammy isnt enough imo

look at how long it took Leonardo Dicaprio to get an Oscar lmfao...

Do ppl snub great art on purpose or ?

So glad you reminded me of this. Absolutely a league of their own.

But like why should you even campaign for it. Talent and quality should be recognised nevertheless. 

Look at me being an idealist again forgetting that this whole world is fucked. Oh well

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

But like why should you even campaign for it. Talent and qaulity should be recognised nevertheless. 

Look at me being an idealist again forgetting that this whole world is fucked. Oh well

Talent cant be recognized if you don’t stand up for it. In a perfect world I would agree with you, but that’s just not how the system works.

Grammys campaign is still quite low key compared to something like the Oscars which is way more expensive and in your face. Campaigning doesn’t always work of course but I’ll definitely help if your work is actually good and worthy. It’s just a way to spread awareness to voters.

But like why should you even campaign for it. Talent and quality should be recognised nevertheless. 

because you need to remind people of your work :rip:

people will be more interested in your work if you at least talk about the making process, your musical journey, etc. :rip:

giphy.gif

Talent cant be recognized if you don’t stand up for it. In a perfect world I would agree with you, but that’s just not how the system works.

Grammys campaign is still quite low key compared to something like the Oscars which is way more expensive and in your face. Campaigning doesn’t always work of course but I’ll definitely help if your work is actually good and worthy. It’s just a way to spread awareness to voters.

because you need to remind people of your work :rip:

people will be more interested in your work if you at least talk about the making process, your musical journey, etc. :rip:

Omg I know that  :deadbanana: . But it's not like they're actual nobodies that need to campaign in order for people to see them. And it's not like the general public which does not know of every single release votes or anything. The voting commitee, they're all in the music industry, they all know what's up with everybody and they decide the winners. So why would a strong campaign matter?  Oh yeah, 'cause it's a popularity contest, that's why

Omg I know that  :deadbanana: . But it's not like they're actual nobodies that need to campaign in order for people to see them. And it's not like the general public which does not know of every single release votes or anything. The voting commitee, they're all in the music industry, they all know what's up with everybody and they decide the winners. So why would a strong campaign matter?  Oh yeah, 'cause it's a popularity contest, that's why

i mean assuming almost everyone in the field is talented, you need something to differentiate yourself from others, you need some outstanding performances to convince others to vote for you...

the people think the nominees are good (popularity wise or quality wise) but you need to convince them why you're the best out of the batch

a chuck-directed short film definitely can't do it  :hooker:

giphy.gif

No they don’t. :rip: Just look at best animated feature at the Oscars for example. You can tell the voters just call their kids to tell which is the best “cartoon”.

But yeah it’s very much a popularity contest because of that fact, most voters are easily influenced. And that’s why campaigning matters.

Let's face it production wise NFR! was pretty bland. Her next album needs to have a lot of fire like UV. Her and Dan created next level magic. He pushed her to her ultimate creative high. Jack Antonoff played it very safe with NFR. It was pretty basic compared to UV. NFR felt like a sonic regression because we know how much more Lana can achieve sonically. If anything UV deserved a Grammy Award. Hope she goes all out and creates a rock heavy album next with fire production by Dan Auerbach.

tbh people who pretend like grammys aren’t nice to have are like the most annoying people among the stans like ... jesus we get it ur edgy.. no matter how little you value it it’s always nice if an artist can feel validated and gets publicly appreciated for the work they’ve put out.

saying grammys are trash and everyone can get one is even more embarrassing considering the good sis has been struggling and even failed to get all of her album nominated, the clownery...

the good side to it is that green gremlin girl is most likely not gonna be abled to replicate this for her sophomore slump

i76mrxw.png