Elle

62nd Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion Thread

Imagine if she rerecorded her unreleased songs especially ones like gogo dancer, live or die, st tropez, jealous girl..... i feel like it would garner so much attention

whenever i play gogodancer for ppl who dont follow lana they keep asking me to play it whenever we hangout lmao

Queen of disaster went viral on tiktok recently too

Lana deserved AOTY and Taylor deserved SOTY. I like Billie and I’m not surprised she swept the Grammys but I feel like she didn’t deserve all of those awards this round. But the Grammys loves having that one person who gets a bunch of Grammys, especially if they’re young, even better if it’s their first effort. Like halfway through the Grammys, we realized it. She was gonna win everything because that’s what they do. But the Grammys have always been rigged to an extent (no hate on the winners, it’s not their fault). It still would’ve been nice if Lana got that AOTY though. And I’m a tad annoyed Billie said Ariana should’ve won when she claims NFR is her fave album last year, but its probably all stan politics since Ariana won nothing and her fans are mean. The Grammys were actually good for once last year so my hopes were too high. Next year we at least need more girls with guitars if nothing else.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Let's face it production wise NFR! was pretty bland. Her next album needs to have a lot of fire like UV. Her and Dan created next level magic. He pushed her to her ultimate creative high. Jack Antonoff played it very safe with NFR. It was pretty basic compared to UV. NFR felt like a sonic regression because we know how much more Lana can achieve sonically. If anything UV deserved a Grammy Award. Hope she goes all out and creates a rock heavy album next with fire production by Dan Auerbach.

my exact same thought. NFR is so acclaimed only beacause of the political agenda in it, but UV is far superior production wise. Which is sad beacause when MAC and VB came out I was soooo looking forward to an evolved UV and instead we got a kinda "boring" piano ballads album...

not lana writing one of the most emotional, raw and critically acclaimed albums just to lose to an industry plant 

And I’m a tad annoyed Billie said Ariana should’ve won when she claims NFR is her fave album last year

billie tries so hard to cater to other fandoms for clout, it's annoying 

Why do people always die when Lana has an important meeting or event... is anyone seeing a pattern here omg, like out of all the times this guy could've died

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I wish a small reasoning or explanation came with the awards and not just a name called out in the speakers, maybe it would make it easier to understand why an artist won an award. But I guess an explanation wouldn’t matter anyway if it’s all about money and connections anyway...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

call me fish

cuz i'm gutted

Billie didn't even want the awards! She got the most coveted grammy and look annoyed!! Was like "Thanks"! bye!!

The fact that it was such a terrible album didnt help either

But like why should you even campaign for it. Talent and quality should be recognised nevertheless. 

Look at me being an idealist again forgetting that this whole world is fucked. Oh well

Because Lana is wise and she knows this, she knows what good music is actually worth... and it isnt a fucking grammy, but respect

The fact that it was such a terrible album didnt help either

I mean it's not a terrible album, but idk about album of the year. Best New Artist, sure, song of the year, yeah I mean who wasn't listening or hadn't heard of Bad Guy. But Album??? Lana's was the most highly critically received.

I didn't really care about the earlier Grammys that Lana didn't win but was nominated for – but this time I'm feeling a bit bitter because NFR def should've won since it got universal acclaim (which, in the end, is more valuable than a f***ing Grammy anyway). I don't hold a grudge against Billie (although I don't like her music that much) but piling up the Grammys for her first album is ridiculous. The album isn't THAT good (not in my book). But it was very successul and that's what counts at the Grammys. It's an music industry price so what could you expect...

I just read Billie was saying “please don’t let it be me” before they announced one of her later wins

Her winning everything was so ridiculous even Billie was embarrassed ...

UV was not even nominated or on any critics list...please.     Delulu 

it was one of the 10 most acclaimed albums of 2014

my exact same thought. NFR is so acclaimed only beacause of the political agenda in it, but UV is far superior production wise. Which is sad beacause when MAC and VB came out I was soooo looking forward to an evolved UV and instead we got a kinda "boring" piano ballads album...

Mariners apartment complex and Venice Bitch were extremely acclaimed when they got released and nobody knew the album was going to be slightly political. NFR is acclaimed because it's a masterpiece.