Elle

62nd Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion Thread

According to TMZ, she was the only one there that signed autographs for her fans, even bringing pens with her to do so.

She really is a sweetheart to her fans <3

The fact she took a case full of pens to sign stuff is honestly so cute  :toofunny:

Dl2w1sR.jpg

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

....the sense of injustice I feel about this will never die. She deserved AOTY, despite how I personally feel about Lana, NFR was the best album put out last year.

Get your socks on girl and deliver us another great album and snag AOTY next year!

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Video of the red carpet interview where she's talking about buying her dress from the mall has 10.1 MILLION VIEWS on twitter at the moment.............. Imagine being this culturally relevant without even winning any awards at the show. She always WINS.  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:

Cop boyfriend and non-flashy nature is really doing her general public perception wonders.  :creep:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Video of the red carpet interview where she's talking about buying her dress from the mall has 10.1 MILLION VIEWS on twitter at the moment.............. Imagine being this culturally relevant without even winning any awards at the show. She always WINS.  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:

Cop boyfriend and non-flashy nature is really doing her general public perception wonders.  :creep:

I agree 100 % 

-

You live under a rock if you think the former is helping her general public perception. 

That is all. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Cop boyfriend and non-flashy nature is really doing her general public perception wonders. :creep:

You live under a rock if you think the former is helping her general public perception.

That is all.

At the very least, people are finding it strange... I think.

giphy.gif

Bruno Mars liked a tweet about NFR and Melodrama being robbed. We-

https://twitter.com/venusfliess/status/1221656735158558721?s=21

Kinda funny though, in 2014 he won over Paradise in the "Pop Vocal Album" category.  :creep:

That is all. 

The majority of people in real life (and on facebook) respect police which is disgusting but factual. We live in an online bubble

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

The majority of people in real life (and on facebook) respect police which is disgusting but factual. We live in an online bubble

The majority of her fans are LGBTQI+ and women under 30. (White) boomers on Facebook might respect cops, but they comprise only a small portion of her fan base. 

Let's not pretend that opinions online don't carry over to "real life", also. I mean lots of people will say "fuck cops" online but they're not gonna walk up to one and say it, for various reasons. 

We can agree to disagree but I absolutely think dating him is a bad move from a public perception standpoint. 

The majority of her fans are LGBTQI+ and women under 30. (White) boomers on Facebook might respect cops, but they comprise only a small portion of her fan base. 

Let's not pretend that opinions online don't carry over to "real life", also. I mean lots of people will say "fuck cops" online but they're not gonna walk up to one and say it, for various reasons. 

We can agree to disagree but I absolutely think dating him is a bad move from a public perception standpoint. 

Public = not her fanbase. Is the point I was making

An unpopular opinion, maybe, but...

Since nobody's profession is a "character certificate", I think it is people who use it as an argument, to say that someone is a "good person", who live in bubbles.

"He's a good cop." (DEL REY, Lana. 2019) :creep:

giphy.gif

Public = not her fanbase. Is the point I was making

Fair enough - I misinterpreted and thought you meant people in general, including her fan base. However, search her name on Twitter and there are still plenty of "I knew I never liked Lana for a reason" type comments.

I just don't think that she's endearing herself to non-fans by dating him - maybe a small group of "blue lives matter" type people - but there are many, many fans and non-fans who are unhappy with it. IMO, a loss for the culture, not a gain.

So... According to this fan statistic by Lana Del Rey, I'm included in this "small part": I'm a straight white man of the generation "millennials". But always seeking to be more "conscious". (I think anyone can seek to improve and not be an asshole!)

I agree.

giphy.gif

So... According to this fan statistic by Lana Del Rey, I'm included in this "small part": I'm a straight white man of the generation "millennials". But always seeking to be more "conscious".

I agree.

No shade to millennial or boomer fans at all! I just meant that people on Facebook aren't really people who would generally like Lana's music. Most people under 30 (or even, under 40) don't use Facebook a lot now ... at least not people that I know.