Elle

Lana cancels EU/UK Leg of the Norman Fucking Rockwell Tour

she could at least post on IG about it :/

That requires effort. Something Lana knows little about...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I don’t get what y’all want her to post about?

She said she’s sick and the tour is cancelled.....what else is there to say?

I think a more personal and public statement on her social media would be great, the one we were given was a little too formal and pratically just for business sake. A year ago she explicity said she would cancel shows on Instagram and she didn't even end up doing that, now an entire leg was cancelled and the way it was handled seems just distant.  

I get that she can be sick and upset about the situation and that she deserves privacy, but just a quick update note from someone wouldn't hurt.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

I think a more personal and public statement on her social media would be great, the one we were given was a little too formal and pratically just for business sake. A year ago she explicity said she would cancel shows on Instagram and she didn't even end up doing that, now an entire leg was cancelled and the way it was handled seems just distant.  

I get that she can be sick and upset about the situation and that she deserves privacy, but just a quick update note from someone wouldn't hurt.

THIS!!!

A quick little apology on her IG stories wouldn't hurt plus to take some of the bitterness away a small update on her spoken word album. It won't make up for it buuuut it'll turn the conversation around.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

i'm glad people are empathetic about the situation. i hope she's alright and nothing too serious is going on. if it's related to her vaping then that's really dissapointing she really needs to stop because it's bad for you. and no it's not coronavirus lol. 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

i dont see any harm in just addressing it lmfao. i mean you cancel a whole tour leg right before its about to begin, people were on planes, in airports, at their hotels already, some even on line. i am NOT mad at her for being sick and cancelling, that is beyond her control, but to still not address, or at least have ur management say something... odd but not unusual for her to leave things unaddressed but i obviously assume she will say something soon... just weird to let it go a day unannounced

Not by any means saying we should bully her....... but this is a great chance for HEAPS of us to express our disappointment and dissatisfaction with how her she has handled a lot of things in her career the past few years. Not only has she cancelled last minute almost every time she’s cancelled now, but the level of unprofessionalism is starting to exceed that of a “celebrity tired of being a celebrity”. She’s a grown ass woman who is intelligent and KNOWS she should not be handling things like this. All I’m saying is, if we’re hard enough, we can instill change

this. How can anyone look forward to a Lana show anymore? It’s the same set list, same lifeless dancers, same uncoordinated band, same lazy ass woman singing the only songs she can remember from her catalog, and a bunch of unmannered and feral gays screaming at her.

Same thing a friend of mine was saying. What's the point? From what we saw from the north american NFR tour, most of the shows weren't that great. She was kind of unenthusiastic and looked like she didn't want to be on stage. Then of course she isn't singing live as much as she use to so she depends on the backtrack recordings in the background. Adding as well the god awful Laura Ingalls outfits...

She didn't look into it and I wouldn't be surprised if she's not at all really sick and said to herself ' I don't want to do this anymore...'  and cancelled the tour. 

In all honesty, who's willing to spend $400 on a concert to see Lana for an hour mumbling words, sing old songs, looking at dancers inappropriately dancing to songs that were never meant to be danced to...

I'm okay if she wants to go the Kate Bush route - release albums and never tour.

Because to see her doing another tour with BTD songs and her mumbling and bored on stage, it's better she retires from tour life. 

yes but whatever she has will be affected by her heavy vaping. Even if that wasn't the primary cause of her illness, it will make it harder for her to recover quite honestly and it most certainly didn't help her in avoiding the illness in the first place.

She should have gone to the doctor and gotten help to stop smoking. Nicotine patches and gums are miracles. There's also medications that help with the shakes.

Instead she started doing the next most dangerous thing by vaping. Has she watched the news? The amount of collapse lungs and death caused from vaping was one o the biggest news in 2019. I have been saying it for months on here how vaping is going to destroyed her. Most people on here called me crazy.  :flop:

I'm okay if she wants to go the Kate Bush route - release albums and never tour.

i really do think she'd be so much happier this way.......wyd lana

it's just the way i feel

As my former manager used to say, "not mad, just disappointed" ... and, at this point, slightly alarmed, given that she cancelled the entire tour and hasn't said a word except for that very brief statement.

I wouldn't say that it was out of character for her to keep us out of the loop (statement aside), but ... it's interesting.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Maybe she just wants to release albums and call it a day, but touring brings in a lot of money and albums don’t sell as well in this era of streaming. She probably has to tour.

Or maybe she does like touring but just comes off as lazy and uninterested most of time, who knows lol.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I’m sure she’ll address the cancellation (on Twitter or Instagram) soon. There must be a reason why someone else issued the statement and not her. Not to be dramatic, but it makes me think something’s up; so I think we shouldn’t be too hard on her.

As for the show in Amsterdam I was supposed to be going to today, I am disappointed but also kinda relieved it got cancelled? Like some of you said: same old setlist, use of backtracks, etc. Not really something exciting to look forward to, but it would’ve been nice to see her again, I guess.

I wish her the best and hope she recovers from whatever she’s suffering from.

Not to be dramatic, but it makes me think something’s up; so I think we shouldn’t be too hard on her.

I also hope things are okay, but for us to feel sympathy and not hold it against her, we really need to know the excuse sooner rather than later.

All it would take is for her to copy and paste the statement on her personal channels. After working in customer service, I find not apologising or issuing a statement immediately very rude and disingenuous.

3lfQEhw.png

Maybe these were the dates she mentioned canceling way back when and never acknowledged again. Could’ve gotten the year wrong who knows

1500th post whoop stream AKA

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I also hope things are okay, but for us to feel sympathy and not hold it against her, we really need to know the excuse sooner rather than later.

All it would take is for her to copy and paste the statement on her personal channels. After working in customer service, I find not apologising or issuing a statement immediately very rude and disingenuous.

Oh definitely. As someone who also used to work in customer service, I absolutely agree. Guess I was trying to find an excuse for her behaviour, but you’re right.

i'm glad people are empathetic about the situation. i hope she's alright and nothing too serious is going on. if it's related to her vaping then that's really dissapointing she really needs to stop because it's bad for you. and no it's not coronavirus lol. 

Not everyone is empathetic. Have you seen the Lana thread on Lipstick Alley about this topic? Brutal. 

giphy.gif

Maybe these were the dates she mentioned canceling way back when and never acknowledged again. Could’ve gotten the year wrong who knows

1500th post whoop stream AKA

Maybe she's forgotten that everywhere outside of America exists.

I definitely feel like she's forgotten that Australia exists.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream