Elle

Lana cancels EU/UK Leg of the Norman Fucking Rockwell Tour

really not sure where to post this, but it kind of pertains to the thread / was inspired by its subject matter lol so i hope this is okay! i have a question...

i've been avoiding lots of live videos from the NFR! tour because i wanted to experience it for myself, i've never heard her sing the title track, MAC, doin' time or any songs from the album live before (except for that apple performance thing she did) so rather than watching videos i thought i'd keep myself un-spoiled for my date so i could hear her live takes on the tracks myself. well, considering my date is meant to be in 5 days, that's obviously not happening now  :flop:  so i thought fuck it, to cheer myself up i'm gonna finally watch some vids of the new songs from the tour.

which lead me to this video:

my question is.... bc i really can't tell...... is she actually miming / lipsyncing the chorus??  :horror:  i'm sure if she is this is common knowledge for a lot of people lol but obviously i kept myself away from these videos so i'm not fully sure. it just really looks / sounds like she is?? something about it is unnatural?? idk

thank u sorry for the long exposition lol  :kiss2:

I was at the Berkeley show and she sang everything Live at this show, I was in awe...

I think on certain songs she had backtracks going, but she sang it all on her own in addition to any possible backtracks,

the Berkeley show was very natural & she seemed VERRY inspired by Joan Baez singing diamonds & rust, I believe she was tearing up watching Joan.... and she also was really into Ultraviolence and at the end of Ride she did a small "'god Knows I tried' not to get into trouble so I just go for a ride" ode  and she also sang  part of california acapella   

She makes most of her money from touring so what does she do for money if she doesn't tour? Merch? But her merch is awful. She would need to hire someone to help her design her merch better.

shes rich and has enough money to buy her sister a house I think she’ll be fine

Maybe if she has this extra time, she can focus on writing even if she’s not singing. Take your time Lana, I’m sure you’ll have another tour

It’s not like she was going to sing anything new or different than any other tour. Let’s just hope she gets well and is writing while she’s sick.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Touring is the biggest money maker in the music industry nowadays so yeah there’s no way in hell that Interscope will allow her not to tour.

Why should Interscope care if she tours or not? They don't make a dime off her concerts. 

I do find it strange that they cancelled their hotels etc. on Monday but her dancer (missalexkaye on Instagram) was in Amsterdam and even uploaded a picture which is still on there now. I hope we hear more from Lana at some point soon.

What do you think the likelihood is that she will reschedule?

really not sure where to post this, but it kind of pertains to the thread / was inspired by its subject matter lol so i hope this is okay! i have a question...

i've been avoiding lots of live videos from the NFR! tour because i wanted to experience it for myself, i've never heard her sing the title track, MAC, doin' time or any songs from the album live before (except for that apple performance thing she did) so rather than watching videos i thought i'd keep myself un-spoiled for my date so i could hear her live takes on the tracks myself. well, considering my date is meant to be in 5 days, that's obviously not happening now  :flop:  so i thought fuck it, to cheer myself up i'm gonna finally watch some vids of the new songs from the tour.

my question is.... bc i really can't tell...... is she actually miming / lipsyncing the chorus??  :horror:  i'm sure if she is this is common knowledge for a lot of people lol but obviously i kept myself away from these videos so i'm not fully sure. it just really looks / sounds like she is?? something about it is unnatural?? idk

She is playbacking the chords on a lot of songs

For me the bothering thing besides the obvious that were talked about enough in this thread is that the biggest ticketseller Eventim here in Germany actually makes ME fill out a formular, asks me to pay for sending them the physical ticket to be refunded. It's kinda the cherry on top of everything.

Like.... wtf? No show, give me my money. There is digital proof and it's literally in my account that I bought the ticket. 

This situation is just really messy.

That's one of the reasons why I hate Eventim. I bought my tickets at Ticketmaster.de and they refunded me automatically within a few hours; no need to send back the tickets. (Although they deducted the handling fee but at least I got 93 % of my money back.)

She's been lip syncing to the back track vocal recordings for her NFR tour. She only sang live completely when she was doing a duet with another person. She would mumble something here and there. Sing pieces here or there. Eat a peach and throw it to the audience. Take requests, forget the lyrics and Win would help her with the lyrics. It was a sad state of affairs for this tour. Embarrassing and very very sad. 

She shouldn't be on stage again until she back to performing like she use (2012-2016). 

She was seen out in Beverly Hills on Tuesday (?) having tacos with Val, and also Facetimed a fan at a cafe (possibly the taco one) and she looked fine (and the person didn't mention anything about her voice being weak, but they didn't record the audio). So it makes no sense that the venue would know that she was cancelling on Monday, if it was a sudden cold or flu.

As with everything with this woman, it's just bizarre.

Anyway, maybe she found out she's pregnant and decided she needed to stop vaping immediately, so she's in rehab (or quitting at home) and the "loss of voice" and "sickness" are therefore only partial lies because the vaping was also affecting her voice, which gave her a great excuse to cancel the entire tour leg.

Thank you for reading my crackheaded theory.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I do find it strange that they cancelled their hotels etc. on Monday but her dancer (missalexkaye on Instagram) was in Amsterdam and even uploaded a picture which is still on there now. I hope we hear more from Lana at some point soon.

What do you think the likelihood is that she will reschedule?

Unlikely she'll reschedule imo. On the LATTM tour she had to cancel one and promised to reschedule but didn't. I'd imagine that cancelling a whole tour would make it much more difficult to reschedule, with all the different venues etc

locals only

Yeah I’m kind of losing respect for the situation

Chilling at the hotel I booked to see her and not a word. As if we don’t wanna know how she’s doing / whether she’s planning to reschedule

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

Touring is the biggest money maker in the music industry nowadays so yeah there’s no way in hell that Interscope will allow her not to tour.

touring is the bigger money maker for the artist, not the label. labels don't book shows & usually aren't entitled to tour earnings, unless they paid for the album and the artist got into big debt due to that - in which case touring money can be used to pay that debt, depending on the deal signed. labels make money from record sales and streaming, artists mostly from shows and merch,

Yeah I’m kind of losing respect for the situation

Chilling at the hotel I booked to see her and not a word. As if we don’t wanna know how she’s doing / whether she’s planning to reschedule

You're already there so you should enjoy the place. Visit a few museums. 

She’s really like...lost her mojo? I’ve seen her live 4 times and still to this day the best performance was the first time I saw her at the Born To Die tour, and not just because it was my first time seeing her, she actually seemed to give a shit? Even the second and third time I saw her one of them being just after Ultraviolence came out and the other just after L4L came out at that pop up show she did in London, she was quite into it both of those time, but the 4th time I saw her, good god, it was bad, just before NFR dropped. Her stage presence is just non-existent. The fans at her shows have always been...animalistic, but it was always bearable because Lana was up on stage but tbh that’s just gone now, the last time I saw her I had a terrible time, so I’m glad the show I was going to has been cancelled

giphy.gif

Lana used to rely on Europe since the US media hated on her back in the day, but now she's got critical acclaim and commercial success in the US she doesn't care about the European fans anymore  :toofunny:

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

She’s really like...lost her mojo? I’ve seen her live 4 times and still to this day the best performance was the first time I saw her at the Born To Die tour, and not just because it was my first time seeing her, she actually seemed to give a shit? Even the second and third time I saw her one of them being just after Ultraviolence came out and the other just after L4L came out at that pop up show she did in London, she was quite into it both of those time, but the 4th time I saw her, good god, it was bad, just before NFR dropped. Her stage presence is just non-existent. The fans at her shows have always been...animalistic, but it was always bearable because Lana was up on stage but tbh that’s just gone now, the last time I saw her I had a terrible time, so I’m glad the show I was going to has been cancelled

I've never seen her live but I saw the performances and yeah ever since LFL (or even as far as back to HM) it's like she stopped caring about it. And it's like, why do you even bother? Like she's a millionaire, she doesn't need tour money, she can sell merch and do a few overpriced gigs here and there cause you know gays will buy tickets even if they're like 500 $ so I don't know why she keeps touring

Also IIRC us Italian fans found out about the concert at the Arena literally through the promoter's site and she never even talked about it... like? 

I flew all the way from the west coast in the US to Paris this week to see her. And the minute I landed, I got the notification that the show was canceled. 

Obviously, I was heartbroken. But seeing all of this unfold (with her hotel being canceled a week in advance) is beyond disrespectful to all 100,000+ people who were planning to attend this tour, local to europe or not.

Luckily, I planned Lana as 1 day out of my 7 day paris trip so that I can see the city. However, I feel bad for others who haven't seen her recently and made the trip out here for her. I'll be seeing her at Coachella, but I have such a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to her now & its very disappointing.

It's one thing to not say anything, but its another to not say anything and (potentially) lie about it. Whatever the reason, I just wish she told everyone because that bitch has yet to say anything herself (and I'm not counting that half assed quote that we got from the VENUE)