Sign in to follow this  
suicideblonde

Rolling Stone Magazine Ranks NFR as #321 in it's "500 Greatest Albums Of All Time" List

The last version was updated in 2012 and Lana didn't have any albums on the list.

Lana Del Rey became a music-blog sensation playing the poker-faced millennial Nancy Sinatra on her debut single, “Video Games.” She kept growing as an artist, and on her wonderfully titled sixth album perfected her epic vision of doomed, decadent, Seventies-steeped California romance on songs like “Mariner’s Apartment Complex” and the nine-minute crusher “Venice Bitch.” Del Rey dropped references to the Eagles and Graham Nash, merging her own music into the Laurel Canyon canon. No less an authority on Seventies greatness than Elton John called the album’s songs “timeless.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-albums-of-all-time-1062063/lana-del-rey-norman-fucking-rockwell-4-1062912/

That list was a choice, makes sense they chose NFR over Born To Die, Ultraviolence and/or Honeymoon. Since it's her most palatable/digestible and least "controversial" album. I'm happy she got acknowledged for something though.

On 9/22/2020 at 6:27 PM, MagdaleneRay said:

Dumbass list how could they not include born to die on it.

Not to sound pretentious or delusional, but in my view, BTD is legit one of the, if not the most influential pop album of the 2010s. It got done dirty by the media, but it still had a strong, longlasting impact on the music scene.

3 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

Not to sound pretentious or delusional, but in my view, BTD is legit one of the, if not the most influential pop album of the 2010s. It got done dirty by the media, but it still had a strong, longlasting impact on the music scene.

it's not pretentious at all it's the fucking truth

I feel like sis literally created a whole new genre called lana del rey

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

BTD is undoubtedly so influential, but the thing is, I will listen to music influenced by it, but it never does the record justice. That’s just a testament to the uniqueness of LDR’s craft. 

I believe NFR is so amazing though and truly is a record that’s deserving of this title - all her records are! 

Seriously, you who check her awards ratings, should look to, from BTD, to NFR, all else included, as many her albums are, thus many, her colleagues rivals are, all else, hate groups fabricate,...

Be sure, for most of our planet, universe, mankind, people, Madonna, J Lo, Britney, ..Lana, big 4 from USA, past 40ish years, in number of hits, catchy melodies, amazing voice songs, memorable performances. If Lana not seen, with all most major awards, topping, shake up the nasty company, at main centers of drag?!!!

2 minutes ago, Paradise Man said:

Seriously, you who check her awards ratings, should look to, from BTD, to NFR, all else included, as many her albums are, thus many, her colleagues rivals are, all else, hate groups fabricate,...

Be sure, for most of our planet, universe, mankind, people, Madonna, J Lo, Britney, ..Lana, big 4 from USA, past 40ish years, in number of hits, catchy melodies, amazing voice songs, memorable performances. If Lana not seen, with all most major awards, topping, shake up the nasty company, at main centers of drag?!!!

Real_Housewives_ATL_420_clips_rolex_16X9