partymonster

Olivia Rodrigo

It’s a good album but very surface level. Stan Olivia tho 

I love just putting it on whenever I just want a short and sweet album which is basically what I did with sour but I feel like I’ve grown out of sour as an album

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

I really made an effort to like the album but I just can’t… although Olivia represents a new generation in music there was nothing new about the style or sound. It’s like something we’ve heard over a million times back in 2004. 

Who's getting tickets? I jst signed up for it(My mom, sister did as well) and I think we have a good chance of attending

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

2 hours ago, Embach said:

Love the tourposter and the fact it‘s an arena tour. The Sour tour was sold out so fast as she only played small venues at least in Europe.

On 9/12/2023 at 1:26 AM, LanaBalkana said:

I really made an effort to like the album but I just can’t… although Olivia represents a new generation in music there was nothing new about the style or sound. It’s like something we’ve heard over a million times back in 2004. 

I wish Avril‘s 2nd (UMS seems to be a fan favorite but it’s my least fav from her) or 3rd album would have sounded so good. I can hear Avril a bit on track 1, 5, 8 and 9. But to be honest: Olivia already acts and sounds more grown up than Avril has ever done.

(And I don‘t know what people expect: that Olivia creates anything new in music when every single note or accord have been played already and every melody and harmony have been sung? Guys!!)

Any Olivia fans in Stockholm, Universal music will have an event today in town for a chance to win merch: https://oliviarodrigo.lnk.to/tavling?utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-universalmusicsweden&utm_content=later-37782606&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkin.bio

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

On 9/10/2023 at 11:43 AM, taco truck said:

I know a lot of people think Lacy is gay but for me as someone with bdd/ocd it perfectly encapsulates that feeling of absolutely hating someone (and yourself) because they are so perfect and you don’t understand why you can’t look like them or be like them. I think it’s my second favorite from the album because I find it SO relatable.

people still call things gay as in... negative? or am I misunderstanding smth? edit: I in fact am a victim of constantly misunderstanding hahaha sry nevermind 🥲

Agree w lacy tho, I had so many lacies in my life and still have, admire them and love them but hate them at the same time. I connect a lot to the lyrics but I'm not a sad song girlie so I rarely listen to it 

What I totally don't get is why everyone is making it about Gracie Abrahms like who tf cares but probably I'm not in that bubble enough to care it just annoys me that it's always like"omg Olivia is shading Taylor/Gracie/and the other one déjà vu apparently is about" :eyeroll2:

On 9/13/2023 at 7:31 PM, Ariana said:

Love the tourposter and the fact it‘s an arena tour. The Sour tour was sold out so fast as she only played small venues at least in Europe.

I wish Avril‘s 2nd (UMS seems to be a fan favorite but it’s my least fav from her) or 3rd album would have sounded so good. I can hear Avril a bit on track 1, 5, 8 and 9. But to be honest: Olivia already acts and sounds more grown up than Avril has ever done.

(And I don‘t know what people expect: that Olivia creates anything new in music when every single note or accord have been played already and every melody and harmony have been sung? Guys!!)

I know her audience is generaly pretty young so they link her pop/rock sound to Avril mostly. But I can't be the only one feeling a lot of Courtney Love's (Hole) influence on her. And I don't mean exactly in the sound, but in the aesthetic, the general riot girl punk philosophy... She took a lot of inspo from Live Through This for the Sour era. I really like it though as a big fan of 90's grunge!!! Hopefully she keeps reinventing that aesthetic, she's definitely on the right path.

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33