partymonster

Olivia Rodrigo

ok hear me out... the song is very generic but it's cute and a quick fix. 

yea that bridge is my guilty pleasure, let's see what her next single is all about :pout:

also if anyone's wondering who she is, she's from the high school musical reboot lmao

3 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

confused abt how she's suddenly breaking all these records but good for her tbh. I'd like this song way better if she wasn't singing in that indie girl cursive voice tho.

i think it's because she was already known among like under 14s?? because of the HSM reboot and she dated a tiktok guy so most of her audience is from tiktok

5 hours ago, partymonster said:

i think it's because she was already known among like under 14s?? because of the HSM reboot and she dated a tiktok guy so most of her audience is from tiktok

makes sense... cz she's giving me plant vibez 

the bridge/outro is VERY Lorde and easily the best part of the song. the verses remind me of tswift songs too. as another user mentioned, her weird "indie girl cursive" singing does kinda ruin the vibe for me at times. I'm interested to see where she goes though.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

4 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

She’ll have a couple hits and vanish. She’s the new Camilla Cabello or whatever she was called.

Her music is just budget Lorde/Billie.

I think she may fall in a smaller niche like Clairo. She'll remain popular with the Pinterest Teens.  

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

So the whole record breaking thing, gives me industry plant vibes, like most people are saying. I think the song is actually a really good debut, however her being a disney act and the fact that as an outsider to tik tok I have still never heard of her. Her indie girl cursive voice is a bit annoying to me but I can see how it might be another tool to "break" the commercial/disney mold. I do get like Halsey without the artistic vision (As cringy as she can be, she debuted with a pretty solid concept album) from the song. I'm interested to see where this will take her.

On 1/17/2021 at 10:22 PM, KillForLove said:

So the whole record breaking thing, gives me industry plant vibes, like most people are saying. I think the song is actually a really good debut, however her being a disney act and the fact that as an outsider to tik tok I have still never heard of her. Her indie girl cursive voice is a bit annoying to me but I can see how it might be another tool to "break" the commercial/disney mold. I do get like Halsey without the artistic vision (As cringy as she can be, she debuted with a pretty solid concept album) from the song. I'm interested to see where this will take her.

Industry plant for sure. Theres not way she could have gone from being essentially unknown to literally every tiktok featuring her song organically.  It doesn't take away from her talent, but its extremely obvious

On 1/16/2021 at 1:01 AM, JehovahThikness said:

I don’t mean to the be that person but the comparisons to ‘cellophane’ feel offensive :bebe:

who in the hell is comparing this to cellophane :eartha:

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif