Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Lana does not sing the Jazz/Foxtrot version of Young and Beautiful does she?

It only mildly sounds like her, and she wasnt in the actual movie when it was singing. So who actually sings it??

it's lana

Lana does not sing the Jazz/Foxtrot version of Young and Beautiful does she?

It only mildly sounds like her, and she wasnt in the actual movie when it was singing. So who actually sings it??

oh my god this is fucking everything  :defeated: its so prettyyy

theres people in the background so youd think its from a scene... think about them dedicating several minutes to the song :flutter:

also where did this come from? on my record set it only has the two versions :(

Re: why

Because they talk like robots. I'm not sure how familiar you are with them, but having been in meetings (for my own drug/alcohol problems)...they rattle off the same irritating cliches a lot, and it would pain me to see a creative,intelligent person like Lana doing that (and even if Lana weren't "Lana", just a random person, I'd feel the same way. ordinarily smart people become sheep in those meetings.)

i got you.

e6d4da6bfe2b29484b332359543f3d0a.jpg

When do you think this image was taken? 

omg she's so cute.

maybe her teen days?

~INSTA1.gif

oh my god this is fucking everything  :defeated: its so prettyyy

theres people in the background so youd think its from a scene... think about them dedicating several minutes to the song :flutter:

also where did this come from? on my record set it only has the two versions :(

I think it's just taken straight from the movie, with the voices of the characters talking filtered out.

It wouldn't be on the record because it was just in a movie scene as background music, not as the main score? 

A shame we never got the full, hd version tho :(

e6d4da6bfe2b29484b332359543f3d0a.jpg

When do you think this image was taken? 

She looks like how she does in the Video Games homemade vid tho. The hair and face

That being said, how do you define "being Lana"? Because she performed these under the stage name Lana Del Rey, but she was also doing other performances as Lizzy Grant at the same time.

Receipts for her "also doing other performances as Lizzy Grant at the same time"? Because Ray/Rey spelling changes aside, everything I've seen indicates she changed her stage name to Lana Del Ray/Rey in the summer of 2009 and never looked back. (The one exception being the Loser's Lounge tribute to Karen Carpenter, but it kind of makes sense people would be credited for that show​ with their actual names.)

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Piggybacking off of this: There were screenshots from her personal Facebook talking about AA meetings and AA-related events. If someone could scrounge those screenshots up, because I know people have to have them, we could easily get definitive proof she was there using archived AA documents. Well, I could do it anyway. (While AA is Alcoholics Anonymous, drug addicts also frequent their meetings.)

She also quoted, word for word, the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous on her old Twitter account.

Two points on this:

1. This digging has basically been done already. See this thread starting around here. There's also been lots of theorizing on the forum whether this is what the cult references on UV refer to.

2. We should be really careful digging into this or posting information. It's called Alcoholics Anonymous for a reason. At a minimum, identifying information of anyone besides Lana should be redacted.

Anyone know anything about when she said we'd get a video for Cola and Dark Paradise? Like did she ever say that publicly or was that just a rumor

I think, she talked about "Cola" MV in a interview for Just Jared, also in another interview for KISS FM.

Apparently it was planned to be the second single of the paradise era.

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E 

Receipts for her "also doing other performances as Lizzy Grant at the same time"? Because Ray/Rey spelling changes aside, everything I've seen indicates she changed her stage name to Lana Del Ray/Rey in the summer of 2009 and never looked back. (The one exception being the Loser's Lounge tribute to Karen Carpenter, but it kind of makes sense people would be credited for that show​ with their actual names.)

Her show at the Jalopy, she was credited as Lizzy Grant even though only four days later she'd perform at the Slipper Room as Lana Del Rey.

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/1246-20090604-jalopy/

Two points on this:

1. This digging has basically been done already. See this thread starting around here. There's also been lots of theorizing on the forum whether this is what the cult references on UV refer to.

2. We should be really careful digging into this or posting information. It's called Alcoholics Anonymous for a reason. At a minimum, identifying information of anyone besides Lana should be redacted.

I know why it's called Alcoholics Anonymous. I'll be careful digging into it.

I actually have a question for you about this...

giphy.gif

Her show at the Jalopy, she was credited as Lizzy Grant even though only four days later she'd perform at the Slipper Room as Lana Del Rey.

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/1246-20090604-jalopy/

Unless she calls herself Lana Del Rey sometime during the video (and I can't listen to the audio right now) I'm pretty sure she didn't perform at the Slipper Room as LDR. She performed as Lizzy Grant as the caption in the video indicates and as the YouTube video was originally titled. The title was changed to refer to her as Lana Del Rey after "Video Games" blew up. (TheMissyMoser gotta get dem views.) The Slipper Room was actually her last known performance as Lizzy Grant before she started using LDR exclusively (aside from the Loser's Lounge tribute show as previously noted) beginning with her Mexicali Live show in August 2009.

in 2011-2012, Lana went to a party/fashion week and post a photo about "how boring it was, and she doesn't feel any friend around" 

idk if it was a real post of her, but im looking the photo and the original text, and i have no clue  :poordat:

in 2011-2012, Lana went to a party/fashion week and post a photo about "how boring it was, and she doesn't feel any friend around" 

idk if it was a real post of her, but im looking the photo and the original text, and i have no clue  :poordat:

two.jpgimage.jpg