Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Hey there Lana lovers  :)

So i am a member of this wonderful group and a proud fan of Lana since 2012, for college we have been asked to explore an online community and see how the members interact with eachother, what brings them to the site and what keeps them here. As I am a member of this site I have chosen to do it on this community. I would really appreciate if you could fill out the survey and please don't fill out anything you are not comfortable with I'm not here to make anyone feel uncomfortable. Thank you in advance to anyone wonderful enough to take part.

Ashley x  :kiss:

1– What is your age, gender, country?
2 - How often do you visit the forum / post on the forum?

3-How did you find out about Lana Boards?
4 - Do you feel the Lana Boards forum offers a sense of community? How does it differ to the offline community?
5 - Do you find it easier to communicate and voice your opinions online on the forum, than offline face to face?
6 - Does being part of this forum enhance your enjoyment of Lana’s music?
7 – Does being part of this Society in general influence the music you listen to or the gigs you go to?
8 – Is there any negativity on the site from trolls etc?
9 – What do you think is the best aspect of communicating in the forum?
10 – Do you communicate with any members on any other messenger whom you met here? If so how many, how often, in depth conversations or small talk?
11 – Do you communicate with any member’s offline, other than at the socials? Give examples.
12 – What is your favourite part of being a member of Lana Boards?

Even if you don't answer all the questions, or answer in depth it'll still help me. And if there's anything else you think would be useful for me to know than tell me that also.

So i am a member of this wonderful group and a proud fan of Lana since 2012, for college we have been asked to explore an online community and see how the members interact with eachother, what brings them to the site and what keeps them here. As I am a member of this site I have chosen to do it on this community. I would really appreciate if you could fill out the survey and please don't fill out anything you are not comfortable with I'm not here to make anyone feel uncomfortable. Thank you in advance to anyone wonderful enough to take part.

4 - Do you feel the Lana Boards forum offers a sense of community? How does it differ to the offline community?

5 - Do you find it easier to communicate and voice your opinions online on the forum, than offline face to face?

7 – Does being part of this Society in general influence the music you listen to or the gigs you go to?

10 – Do you communicate with any members on any other messenger whom you met here? If so how many, how often, in depth conversations or small talk?

11 – Do you communicate with any member’s offline, other than at the socials? Give examples.

Even if you don't answer all the questions, or answer in depth it'll still help me. And if there's anything else you think would be useful for me to know than tell me that also.

I'll answer tomorrow when i have a little more time, but I think you should create a new thread for this so more people see it! :) 

I AM MY ONLY GOD

1. 22, bigender but let's say girl, French!

2. I'm logged in every second I can be and I post a lot, perhaps too much.

3. When I first started getting interested in Lana, I looked for her past boyfriends and found Lanalysis. I read it all before registering.

4. Absolutely, in the sense people here love her as much as I do. It bounds us. People I know irl aren't stans and know nothing about Lana. People here are passionate.

5. Enormously, the only exception being when I see Leo, which I met from this forum anyway.

6. Extremely.

7. I never thought it would happen but this forum tremendously changed the way I approach music, all my tastes changed after I registered here and I discovered most of my new favs on here, it's one of the things I like the most about this place.

8. A lot, but where isn't there? They just come and go.

9. I can't choose, there's too much things I care about on here. Probably learning about Lana though. And sharing it.

10. It used to be much deeper but life happened and now I just occasionally group chat, but I regularly talk to a lot of people from here. People from LB are my only true friends.

11. I'm not sure I understand, but I regularly meet people irl, for example Limelights, which I consider to be my best friend. For example, I discovered MO on this forum and I'm going to see her in concert with him in November.

12. Everything, really, the drama the kiis the music the art, for real I don't regret anything, but really the best part is Lana, she's my one true love above everything else.

ZKcaooE.png

1. 21 , Male, UK
  2. I visit once or twice a week. I rarely post
  3. A friend sent me a link
  4. Yes. Not many of my friends are as obsessed as I am so its nice to find people who freak out like me lol
  5. Yes, I feel safer in a way. Like I can say whatever and not feel attacked
  6. Not really, I love her music and I just like talking about her music on here
  7. Yes because of lanaboard I have found some of my favourite artists
  8. Some trolling but I just ignore it. Some people just like to be rude
  9. Everyone is super friendly! 
  10. No we just talk on here
  11. No i have never met anyone from lLanaboards offline
  12. Knowing that a large amount of people are like me and like the same music as me. 

I hope this helped :-)

I'll answer tomorrow when i have a little more time, but I think you should create a new thread for this so more people see it! :)

Thank you that would be so helpful :) 

1. 21 , Male, UK
  2. I visit once or twice a week. I rarely post
  3. A friend sent me a link
  4. Yes. Not many of my friends are as obsessed as I am so its nice to find people who freak out like me lol
  5. Yes, I feel safer in a way. Like I can say whatever and not feel attacked
  6. Not really, I love her music and I just like talking about her music on here
  7. Yes because of lanaboard I have found some of my favourite artists
  8. Some trolling but I just ignore it. Some people just like to be rude
  9. Everyone is super friendly! 
  10. No we just talk on here
  11. No i have never met anyone from lLanaboards offline
  12. Knowing that a large amount of people are like me and like the same music as me. 

I hope this helped :-)

Thank you so so much :) Hope you have a great night :)

1- 18, Male, French
2- I visit the forum A LOT since four years but I rarely post, I feel like I always have nothing to add  :toofunny:

3- I first knew about Lanadelrey.fm since I "stan" since early 2012, then it disappeared and I heard from another french fan that it kind of re-opened a few months later so I subscribed :) 
4- Yes I do but I don't feel like I belong to it much for one major reason which is the language : I'm VERY uncomfortable in English even though I don't make a lot of mistakes but I'm very bad at joking or else in other languages... So I'm always serious and I hate that, I don't communicate that much with others, don't really make friends. 
5- When it's about Lana, yes, because I have nobody else to talk to about her.

6- Yes because I can listen to her music with other perspectives than my own and discover things about her I couldn't tell by myself
7- Absolutly not because all these indie female artists that are usually stanned by the community are not much my cup of tea. 
8- Not really from troll but to me there are sometimes unnecessarily rude attitudes...
9- Sharing cool stuff about Lana Del Reyyyy
10- In 4 years there is only Constantine I really had a discussion with :legend: once again my discomfort in english doesn't help at all

11- Nop!

12- Reading browjob's thirst posts   :usrs:

Here is my contribution  :flop: by the way I don't think this thread is appropiate for these questions

I just sent you a message with the answers. :)

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

how did you guys find out the original vid for ultraviolence/used for freak and was the whole freak video really the ultraviolence vid?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

how did you guys find out the original vid for ultraviolence/used for freak and was the whole freak video really the ultraviolence vid?

BTS photos of the orig Ultraviolence video shoot and Pale Fire (whatever it was called) photoshoot that was said to be shot during the UV video

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

BTS photos of the orig Ultraviolence video shoot and Pale Fire (whatever it was called) photoshoot that was said to be shot during the UV video

This is one of the proofs

n2obD85OgvU.jpg

✧・゚:* ヽ(*・ω・)ノ*:・゚✧

Did Lana have to buy something to obtain the rights to say Coca Cola and Diet Mountain Dew in her songs?

You don't have to pay to name a brand in a song. It's possible that if a company believed that their brand was being damaged by being named in a song, they might want to bring legal action, but they probably wouldn't win because of 'fair use' laws. Lana hardly ever says anything directly about the brands she names, anyway - she just uses them as images in her songs, so as long as she's not suggesting that the company is endorsing her record (for example), which she never does, there aren't any legal issues.

ETA: This article is about using brand names in fiction, and I would expect it would apply to songs as well. The takeaway is

... the use [of] brand names in fiction is not a sleep-depriving issue.  It would be obsessive (and stylistically unpalatable) to use the R-in-a-circle symbol or the TM symbol every time you refer to a brand name in your text.  And, as long as you do not write falsely and disparagingly about real brands and the companies who manufacture them, you are unlikely ever to run into a problem.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

You don't have to pay to name a brand in a song. It's possible that if a company believed that their brand was being damaged by being named in a song, they might want to bring legal action, but they probably wouldn't win because of 'fair use' laws. Lana hardly ever says anything directly about the brands she names, anyway - she just uses them as images in her songs, so as long as she's not suggesting that the company is endorsing her record (for example), which she never does, there aren't any legal issues.

There are also legal breaches here and there, like how the official title for the song is "Diet Mountain Dew" while the company (and the demo) is "Mtn Dew".

Is there a Gods and Monsters acapella or a good fanmade one?

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Is there a Gods and Monsters acapella or a good fanmade one?

Good fanmade one most likely

I was just wondering who which photographer took this photo and whentumblr_o1yu941l6m1rk2e30o6_r1_1280.jpg

Not sure about the photographer but it was taken when she was getting ready for Burning Desire iirc. So 2012. It was one of the photos from the Paradise Edition Boxset

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Good fanmade one most likely

Not sure about the photographer but it was taken when she was getting ready for Burning Desire iirc. So 2012. It was one of the photos from the Paradise Edition Boxset

That's incorrect.

This is by Nicole Nodland.