Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

1. Does anyone have an idea of how is the Steven Mertens's AKA version? People's opinion if it is better than the David Kahne version, if it is too much different, etc. All the informations that we have, basically :)

2. Which producers made more songs for each musical genre she tried? 

Ex: "*Insert producer's name* produced Lana's more pop songs".

3. What "stems" are?

4. I have guesses about these two but just to confirm: Does anyone knows why Lana don't streams her shows anymore? And why she just sings Born to Die songs?

i believe stems are separate recording tracks. for example, there's a bassline stem, drum stems, vocal stems, etc. they're all separate from each other, but are put together in the song during the mixing process

Did Lana ever use the name 'May Jailer' for anything besides her domain name? If not, why do we use that name for Sirens/YLM/FTE?

i believe she performed in 2006 under the name May Jailer.

We refer to Sirens as May Jailer recordings because that's the name the likely original source said they were recorded under. And we do the same for QN/FTE because of the significant overlap in track listings and similar sound. But there is absolutely zero evidence that she ever performed under that name.

Wasn't there something like someone finding her birth certificate?

I don't think so, but you may be thinking of when someone blew up a picture of her driver's license. Or perhaps when I looked up her voter registration in the state of New York using her actual DOB instead of her claimed DOB and noted that "hort of a long-form birth certificate, this is about the most conclusive evidence she was born in 1985 you could get."

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

We refer to Sirens as May Jailer recordings because that's the name the likely original source said they were recorded under. And we do the same for QN/FTE because of the significant overlap in track listings and similar sound. But there is absolutely zero evidence that she ever performed under that name. I don't think so, but you may be thinking of when someone blew up a picture of her driver's license. Or perhaps when I looked up her voter registration in the state of New York using her actual DOB instead of her claimed DOB and noted that "hort of a long-form birth certificate, this is about the most conclusive evidence she was born in 1985 you could get."

Yeah, that what I was talking about. Thank you