Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

This is so weird - I was just seeking out this thread to ask this exact question! The reason being, the Elvis estate doesn't have the right to stop her recording a cover (and if they did have the right, I'm sure they would have had a problem with the Dead Kennedys and a thousand other punk bands trashing his songs, before they stopped Lana doing it).

Yeah I know that, I'm just wondering how we knew about this. Can't find any information about it

I Don't know if this has been asked before but does somebody know where this is from or if it really is a Lana song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2eKeCUFuYc

It's not here, thr "Fuck that shit" voice sounds a LOT like Lizzy but it isn't her

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

How do we know that she wanted an Elvis cover on BtD but was stopped by his team? Can't seem to find any information about it anywhere

This is so weird - I was just seeking out this thread to ask this exact question! The reason being, the Elvis estate doesn't have the right to stop her recording a cover (and if they did have the right, I'm sure they would have had a problem with the Dead Kennedys and a thousand other punk bands trashing his songs, before they stopped Lana doing it).

I believe you're thinking of her Taratata interview:

It's possible she wanted to get Priscilla's blessing regardless of who held the rights.

When did AKA leak? Or, did it even leak (like, did someone buy it when it was on iTunes or something and post it on an iTunes release blog or smth)?

I believe there was some sort of player for the album on her record label's website back then, it was easy to find

It was officially released on iTunes and Amazon and probably a few other platforms on January 4, 2010 and was available for a few months. There were people who bought it at the time who later fans presumably got copies from. I assume this is how the gapless 256kbps digital retail version circulated by LDR.FM mods was obtained. @sexwithme is also correct that a version of the album was downloadable from the 5 Points Records website for awhile after she blew up. (I downloaded it directly from their site myself.) When "Video Games" first blew up there were blog posts such as this one that linked to it.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Does anyone know good youtubers, who covers Lana songs amazingly? I really like Alice Kristiansen, but I do not like all her Lana covers. She has really good ones, but some of them are too much, or the song itself loses the magic.

2ikzg5s.png

I believe you're thinking of her Taratata interview:

It's possible she wanted to get Priscilla's blessing regardless of who held the rights.

It was officially released on iTunes and Amazon and probably a few other platforms on January 4, 2010 and was available for a few months. There were people who bought it at the time who later fans presumably got copies from. I assume this is how the gapless 256kbps digital retail version circulated by LDR.FM mods was obtained. @sexwithme is also correct that a version of the album was downloadable from the 5 Points Records website for awhile after she blew up. (I downloaded it directly from their site myself.) When "Video Games" first blew up there were blog posts such as this one that linked to it.

Thank you! Was there any clarification of which song she originally wanted to cover? And what the other covers that she references were supposed to be?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Does anyone have a picture of Gene Campbell, Lana's English teacher from Kent?

He's not really a public figure so I don't think it's really appropriate to post stuff like that on the forum, but FWIW in recent pictures (if I've indeed got the right guy) he looks kind of like Jason Sudeikis if he had the physique of his uncle George Wendt.

Thank you! Was there any clarification of which song she originally wanted to cover? And what the other covers that she references were supposed to be?

As I speculated in Part 1 of my covers themed podcast, I'm 99% certain one of them would have been "Heartbreak Hotel" since she was known to cover it with her backing band in her pre-fame days. In the chat when I livestreamed that podcast, I speculated that another candidate might have been "Edge of Reality" since she once included it in a playlist of her favorite tracks. I might hazard different guesses today.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

How many radio performances has Lana done? I'd like to collect all of the recordings she's done on radio but I only have a few.

giphy.gif

Does someone have that video where Lana hitted her head on the back of a car? I remember she was out and she wanted to take something on the car but the door was going down and it hitted her, idk why I remembered this video but I can't find it lol

tumblr_onl7kjm7SV1rr0bkio3_250.gif

Does someone have that video where Lana hitted her head on the back of a car? I remember she was out and she wanted to take something on the car but the door was going down and it hitted her, idk why I remembered this video but I can't find it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdBeO3fGyAQ

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

does anyone have a copy of that BAR cover art that had a picture of lana on top of a tropical-ish background & a line of cocaine covering her eyes? the only time i remember seeing it was when the song was uploaded to youtube a few months back 

tumblr_nemeig8REb1qeyt9yo1_500.gif