Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Can someone explain the Diet Mountain Dew demos please? Like which one is demo 1, 2, and 3? Because I see them labeled with numbers, but it doesn't make sense because they don't always seem to be chronological. Thank youuu!

idk if this helps but: 

demo 1 is 3:45

demo 2 is 4:39

demo 3 is 3:39

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

As we all know Lana describes her albums with her own unique genres. I can only remember the following

AKA- “surf noir”

Born To Die- “Hollywood sadcore”

Paradise- ?

UV- “narco swing”

Honeymoon- “future jazz”

Lust For Life- “retro sensibility with a futuristic flair”

Someone fill in the blanks for me??

Okay I remembered Honeymoon, I just can’t remember Paradise and Ultraviolence- I think she called UV “narco swing” or something with the word “psychedelic.”

Does anybody know which version of Video Games was on the Lana Del Rey EP? I've seen track listings with lengths 4:03 and 4:42, so idk which one it actually is. Since 4:03 is about the length of the radio edit, is that the version that was included on the EP instead of the standard album version?

Is there a timeline on when and where Lana used her stage names? I'm writing a big post about her and part of it is connected to how her music changed from her 2005-2007/8 days to 2008-2011. Roughly speaking, it seems she went by Lizzy Grant (alongside other names that didn't get much use like that Sparkle Jump Rope Queen one) from 2005-2008, and around 2007-8 she got the idea for Lana Del Rey and started developing that. By the time she got signed (?) she was working with different producers and trying to develop the Lana image more.

Her pure pop songs all seem to be from 2008-2011 and, tbh, don't sound really like the rest of her stuff. Are there any sources about her working with producers, or if they tried to mold her into a certain type of artist?

Really if anyone has some sort of history of her recording career that would be splendid because I'm having a hard time finding sources for this stuff.  :hooker:  

As we all know Lana describes her albums with her own unique genres. I can only remember the following

AKA- “surf noir”

Paradise- ?

UV- ?

Honeymoon- ?

from AXS website about Honeymoon

"Del Rey also commented on a fan’s Instagram post that the album is “a beautiful futureretro record”"

AKA- “surf noir”

Paradise- ?

UV- ?

Honeymoon- ?

I don't know the genre for Honeymoon but I remember her saying something about the album being in "the tone of blue"

Does anyone here have this book?

https://www.bookdepository.com/Lana-Del-Rey/9781908998903

I collect books related to my favorite musicians, so I am tempted to buy this one.

At the same time, I don't want to waste my money on crap.

I would be thankful for any advice (and photos of sample pages would be godly  :pray2: )

i am nothing and should be everything

Does anyone here have this book?

https://www.bookdepository.com/Lana-Del-Rey/9781908998903

I collect books related to my favorite musicians, so I am tempted to buy this one.

At the same time, I don't want to waste my money on crap.

I would be thankful for any advice (and photos of sample pages would be godly  :pray2: )

There's only one Amazon review for it, and that's one star, but they go into detail about it. I guess it might be an OK book, but not particularly interesting.

It is difficult to find any material about Lana Del Rey and her music in book form. I had high hopes for this book thinking it would be about Lana's life and music. But it's not. It is a light weight piece written by someone qualified in songwriting. F A Mannan, the author has worked as a software engineer and a sound engineer. Each song is described - what it is about, referring to the musical instruments and vocals used. There are no real biographical or anecdotal passages of interest. You may find out a few things you didn't know about Lana's songs but the book is pricey for the information given. There are no photos or any visual material. The author may be educated about songwriting but it reads like a blog of a Del Rey fan who is explaining to you what her music is about. Disappointing.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

When was the last time Lana was seen smoking? I feel like it's been ages

Last time I can recall was June 13th of last year. In this video you can see her take a drag at 1:24 followed by a paparazzi saying, "Lana, you're smoking! What are you doing?? Don't smoke!" to which she replies, "I am? I'm not!" with a laugh.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Last time I can recall was June 13th of last year. In this video you can see her take a drag at 1:24 followed by a paparazzi saying, "Lana, you're smoking! What are you doing?? Don't smoke!" to which she replies, "I am? I'm not!" with a laugh.

Obv her body is none of my business but I'm quietly happy at the idea she may have stopped :creep:

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Can I get a fuckin' hallelujah?

Lookin' at me like a rose garden

Can I get a fuckin' hallelujah?

Sippin' on ya like a Coca-Cola

(x2)

I think that's what it is.

When is this? I've never heard it. :noparty:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

When is this? I've never heard it. :noparty:

~The cherry bridge, it's in the background and it's SO muffled but you can hear lyrics

I think this inspired the LFL video

tenor.gif?itemid=5455507

~The cherry bridge, it's in the background and it's SO muffled but you can hear lyrics

I thought it was just random words, so I wasn't paying attention too much. Or just muffles. :toofunny:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

So I like to arrange my demos according to when they were made/recorded or whatever, but I'm having trouble with TIWMUG and Lolita. For the TIWMUG demos, were the Peter Ibsen versions made first or was it the Tim Larcombe version? And does anyone know what order the Lolita demos were made? Thanks <3