Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

3 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

imagine if it had a monologue that was reminiscent of this :poordat: 

there has to be some type of lizzy acknowledgment in the music video, either old homemade video footage or one of her interviews from that time :heart:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 minute ago, new gods said:

there has to be some type of lizzy acknowledgment in the music video, either old homemade video footage or one of her interviews from that time :heart:

we all know this would be the ultimate collapse, this would be my favorite thing ever :trisha: 

2 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

"i did used to live in a trailer park"

"i like trailers, and everybody in my family likes trailers"

L4l Lanadelrey GIF - L4l Lanadelrey Trishapaytas - Discover & Share GIFs

[...] and living in a trailer park influenced it because I was so happy and I can only write when I'm happy

*song starts*

tenor.gif

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

2 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

[...] and living in a trailer park influenced it because I was so happy and I can only write when I'm happy

*song starts*

tenor.gif

when homemade music video footage / lizzy grant live show footage plays during the outro of the song

tenor.gif

Two weeks till LanaBoards becomes a hellhole because Chemtrails won't be exactly what we're expecting and maybe 4 weeks until everyone switches and declares it her second magnum opus (i feel like Honeymoon fans will once again be ahead of everyone else and immediately like it though)

3 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

Two weeks till LanaBoards becomes a hellhole because Chemtrails won't be exactly what we're expecting and maybe 4 weeks until everyone switches and declares it her second magnum opus (i feel like Honeymoon fans will once again be ahead of everyone else and immediately like it though)

I wasn't part of the site when Honeymoon came out and loved the album but was so confused when I joined LB for the Lust for Life era and everyone was trashing it  :toofunny:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

31 minutes ago, salvatore said:

so U want both of us banned today

of course not

after the 19th you may just ban yourself after hearing flopemite :sass:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

correct me if i'm wrong, but St Vincent was at the party from which DBJAG derived from?

Spoiler

also putting this in spoilers bc its off-topic (although you'd think it weren't considering every other post) but the way NFR! has some of you guys so pressed is so funny, I promise it's not that serious

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

5 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

when homemade music video footage / lizzy grant live show footage plays during the outro of the song

tenor.gif

imagine it playing in black and white in a vintage TV

"can you make it sound like a black and white movie?"

tenor.gif

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

of course not

after the 19th you may just ban yourself after hearing flopemite :sass:

i hope all of your shipments get lost in the mail and your electronics break and have no wifi forever and ever and you never get the sweet release you crave of wanting to wait to experience the album wholly

1 minute ago, ArtDecoDelRey said:

correct me if i'm wrong, but St Vincent was at the party from which DBJAG derived from?

Hide contents

also putting this in spoilers bc its off-topic (although you'd think it weren't considering every other post) but the way NFR! has some of you guys so pressed is so funny, I promise it's not that serious

ya, it was her and jack i believe

st vincent has a song on her new album called at the holiday party, wonder if its the same party?

31 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

Oh Yes, the people who went to college and studied music who today write for Pitchfork, The Guardian, so on and so forth, have absolutly no taste. And you, with active profiles on lanaboards, do understand music in its whole to defy the dumb critics! Got it!

considering going to college doesn’t give you taste i don’t see what your point is sis? 

and yes i as a fan totally defy the dumb critics considering i’ve followed everything lana says and does for 10 years now while some old sack in a pitchfork office listened to lana for the first and last time when video games came out, called her a bimbo and still thinks she says DaDdY in her songnow so obviously i’m/we’re in a better position to judge her work than the sack would be right? so again Rufles, what’s your point ? :azealia:

5 minutes ago, ArtDecoDelRey said:

Hide contents

I heavily doubt DBJAG is about Annie since Lana doesn't consider her an icon or sumn like that

edit: alright I don't know if you meant to ask if the track was about Annie :rip:but stream PYWIP

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

1 minute ago, salvatore said:

i hope all of your shipments get lost in the mail and your electronics break and have no wifi forever and ever and you never get the sweet release you crave of wanting to wait to experience the album wholly

Spill sis

:thumb3:

manifesting they accidentally pressed dealer onto the vinyl instead of yosemite 

mbK53xg.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

27 minutes ago, Max said:

Well I wasn't shook. The album is still very middle-of-the-road for me, sucky production/mastering, palatable lyrics; disappointing, homemade/DIY visuals and so on. I guess this belongs to the "Unpopular opinions" thread, but I think that 'NFR!' is overrated, not a bad album, but like praising it as being the album in which Lana is on top of her art and she pushed the boundaries of music making and lyricism is absolutely hilarious to me.

I also like how you think that 70 out of 100, while a respectable score, is like saying the album was rated as "great", whereas 70 is just "good". 

Lana was right, there is nothing to dislike about 'NFR!', it's the perfect, little, PR, palatable album that it was meant to be. There is no way 'NFR!' is a statement and/or controversial album the way her first three records were.

I can't wait for 'COCC' to drop so we can see what critics really think of Lana and her art, and see if the label they stuck on her overnight, like she became "the best living singer-songrwiter", I honestly cannot wait to see if that was sustainable, if she lived up to the ridiculous hype and praise they have given her over one single album.  :whatever:

I don't want to go off-topic by quoting this but... I do agree NFR! is less controversial than other stuff from her, but it indeed was a statement; the state of the world filled with narcissism in the eyes of a recovering-from-trauma superstar-turned-common California chick, plus the serendipitous global shutdown chaos premonition. There's a reason it was proclaimed as the album of the end of the world. :sorry:

It seems like Chemtrails will follow the narrative in the sense that it'll be "post-apocalyptic". Revisiting her childhood, adolescence, when she truly felt free... thoughts of her parents, her siblings... her escaping a life of both luxury and darkness... back to pure organic, almost-acoustic instrumentation. Like Alexandra Drewchin once said, acoustic guitar, piano, flutes, strings and drums will be the ultimate post-apocalyptic instruments. There's nothing more futuristic than a song with those instruments; once the world is over, there'll be no electricity for computers, MIDIs, etc. Humanity will begin the cycle again. :gclap: