Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

12 minutes ago, White Hot Forever said:

ok here are my favorite lyrics from each song

Reveal hidden contents
  1. White Dress: "sun, stare, don't care, with my head in my hands thinking of a simpler time"
  2. Chemtrails over the Country Club: "I'm not unhinged or unhappy, I'm just wild"
  3. Tulsa Jesus Freak: "now the wind's blowing reminding you of what you know"
  4. Let Me Love You Like a Woman: "let me shine like a diamond, let me be who I'm meant to be"
  5. Wild at Heart: "I smoke cigarettes to just understand the smog"
  6. Dark but Just a Game: "no rose left on the vines, don't even know what's mine"
  7. Not All Who Wander are Lost: "you talk to God like I do, I think you know the same secrets that I do"
  8. Yosemite: "the only thing we'll turn is the pages of all the poems we burn"
  9. Breaking up Slowly: "will he still love me long after I'm gone or did he see it coming all along"
  10. Dance Till we Die: "we made a pact in the middle of the night to the Louisiana two-step high and bright"
  11. For Free (might as well include): "the wind rushed around in the dirty town and the children let out from the schools"

Spoiler

Wow these are all so beautiful to see written out together

HER PEN >>>>>>

Spoiler

finally getting around to listening to the leaks after work...

whats the consensus around white dress? i feel like ive seen a lot of people love it but when she talks real fast and breathy it just sounds like shes wheezing to me :toofunny: maybe itll be a grower though idk 

18 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:
Spoiler

Now that I have listened to "chemtrails" again I want to give you my opinion on this album.
I feel that the songs from white dress to let me love you like a woman sound strong, they are powerful.
After this comes wild at heart, I think the song is good, there is a part (second 58) that sounds exactly the same as love song, I mean the rhythm. Dark but just a game sounds sexy and it's pretty cool but I don't see myself listening to it all the time.
track number seven, eight and ten are pretty slow ballads, I love ballads but somehow I can't connect with those songs, those songs sound the same as tomorrow never came (or have a resemblance to that song) breaking up slowly is great and I love the lyrics.
I honestly feel that Norman is better in terms of production, if this album is risky in something it would be in Lana's vocal register because I didn't like the production very much ... maybe it will grow on me later.

This album feels like a slower continuation of Norman, I honestly want Lana to take more risks on her next album because I didn't like this one at all.

Spoiler

Something curious about this is that the same thing happened to me with folklore and now it is one of my favourite albums, I hope the same happens with this one.
I see it as a more difficult album to digest because as I said the second half is too slow (and I have nothing against that kind of songs, I actually like them but with this ones I don't know what happens)

Edited by Elle
spoiler tag added x

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

2 minutes ago, uvbabe said:
  Hide contents

Her voice in BUS sounds heavenly. Loved it was a collab cus Nikki adds some blues to it and Lana SHINES.

Spoiler

i think what i like is how the whole thing feels very melancholy and almost defeated. like they are resigned to a doomed relationship. the lyrics aren't super intricate. the blunt delivery/conversational tone almost reminds me of Pretty When You Cry. Nikki's voice sounds very pretty (in the studio version bc that live version was yikes) but Lana's voice is fucking angelic

i just wish there was a bridge :icant:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Help

Spoiler

I loved WD on my first listen but now I can't stand her voice, which is a shame because it is a masterpiece and I anticipated it a lot

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Just now, Loreen said:

Help

Hide contents

I loved WD on my first listen but now I can't stand her voice, which is a shame because it is a masterpiece and I anticipated it a lot

Spoiler

her singing's not the problem its the lyrics :delicious:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Spoiler

I feel like I need to hear this album in its propery quality though. I can barely make out the instruments in Tulsa. I think I’m done listening until official release.

Dudesss and dudettes...wth!!!

Spoiler

Yosemite. It feels so sad. Like. What. I mean. Didnt she say it was a happy track?????

It feels lotr ish. Or a country life ish. Small life ish feel !!!

And DBJAG. Highlight. 

Edited by Elle
spoiler tag added x

2 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

I just wanted to clarify we cannot ask for PMs of leaks for albums?

No. Asking for and sharing links is forbidden.

Also don't forget to use spoilers while discussing the leaked tracks! I'm actually a bit busy right now so please don't make us mods put a spoiler in all your posts!