Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Spoiler

Are these my good years or do I have none? Are there really good years for everyone? I don't want to live with a life of regret. I don't wanna end up like Tammy Wynette. :crying5:

I've listened to BUS the most. Perfection. I'm now a Nikki stan.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

ok here are my favorite lyrics from each song

Spoiler
  1. White Dress: "sun, stare, don't care, with my head in my hands thinking of a simpler time"
  2. Chemtrails over the Country Club: "I'm not unhinged or unhappy, I'm just wild"
  3. Tulsa Jesus Freak: "now the wind's blowing reminding you of what you know"
  4. Let Me Love You Like a Woman: "let me shine like a diamond, let me be who I'm meant to be"
  5. Wild at Heart: "I smoke cigarettes to just understand the smog"
  6. Dark but Just a Game: "no rose left on the vines, don't even know what's mine"
  7. Not All Who Wander are Lost: "you talk to God like I do, I think you know the same secrets that I do"
  8. Yosemite: "the only thing we'll turn is the pages of all the poems we burn"
  9. Breaking up Slowly: "will he still love me long after I'm gone or did he see it coming all along"
  10. Dance Till we Die: "we made a pact in the middle of the night to the Louisiana two-step high and bright"
  11. For Free (might as well include): "the wind rushed around in the dirty town and the children let out from the schools"

13 minutes ago, soaringHigh said:

OH one more thing!! Is it me? Or do I hear the left side to have the bassy notes more prominent? 

no that’s just jack still sucking at mixing a song, let’s hope lorde or taylor will teach him soon :um2:

2 minutes ago, soaringHigh said:

She’s not here to please us, if you want to find a crowdpleaser you’ve got tons of other popstars to follow for as long as they can keep up with your expectations... but calling this boring, underproduced, something that she doesn’t stand by completely, etc, etc is just dismissing because it didn’t meet your personal taste. That’s ok! But please leave “I want _insert genre here_” or “this is boring and she hasn’t had the spark since x album” aside. It’s disrespectful even if she doesn’t read it, it’s saying she “stopped being exciting because I don’t feel it”. Just enjoy or plain out state that it didn’t meet your needs. ??‍♂️

people cant have opinions....... right :toofunny:

Spoiler

If White Hot Forever was the name of the album this would’ve been hands down the worst title track in her discography

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

2 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

no that’s just jack still sucking at mixing a song, let’s hope lorde or taylor will teach him soon :um2:

Mmmhhhh that explains a lot ? why didn’t they hire someone to oversee the mixing? This is quite notorious and annoying at times ngl ?

Spoiler

Do we know of any sites that have the lyrics updated???

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

Spoiler

I finished the album. I'm in tears, big and heavy tears. For Free destroyed me completely. I think, in all this years, I never felt like this listening to a Lana album for the very first time. Never. Not even UV and that's my all time favorite... This is the music that I adore, that I enjoy the most, that makes my heart the happiest, the music that I choose everyday. I am honestly so happy and moved and sensitive and touched. I understand why she said it is hard to listen, it's too risky, it's too different, it's too personal. I just love this album so much, for me it is perfect, even when it's not. 

4 minutes ago, White Hot Forever said:

ok here are my favorite lyrics from each song

Hide contents
  1. White Dress: "sun, stare, don't care, with my head in my hands thinking of a simpler time"
  2. Chemtrails over the Country Club: "I'm not unhinged or unhappy, I'm just wild"
  3. Tulsa Jesus Freak: "now the wind's blowing reminding you of what you know"
  4. Let Me Love You Like a Woman: "let me shine like a diamond, let me be who I'm meant to be"
  5. Wild at Heart: "I smoke cigarettes to just understand the smog"
  6. Dark but Just a Game: "no rose left on the vines, don't even know what's mine"
  7. Not All Who Wander are Lost: "you talk to God like I do, I think you know the same secrets that I do"
  8. Yosemite: "the only thing we'll turn is the pages of all the poems we burn"
  9. Breaking up Slowly: "will he still love me long after I'm gone or did he see it coming all along"
  10. Dance Till we Die: "we made a pact in the middle of the night to the Louisiana two-step high and bright"
  11. For Free (might as well include): "the wind rushed around in the dirty town and the children let out from the schools"

wait this got me so hyped ugh

1 minute ago, GetFree said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Do we know of any sites that have the lyrics updated???

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

1 minute ago, soaringHigh said:

Mmmhhhh that explains a lot ? why didn’t they hire someone to oversee the mixing? This is quite notorious and annoying at times ngl ?

Spoiler

her voice being way too loud and the piano way too much in the background is just like nails on a chalkboard... i think his nonexistent mixing skills are what i hate the most about him but what can you do.... except manifesting for rick’s grand return :sass:

1 minute ago, uvbabe said:
  Hide contents

I finished the album. I'm in tears, big and heavy tears. For Free destroyed me completely. I think, in all this years, I never felt like this listening to a Lana album for the very first time. Never. Not even UV and that's my all time favorite... This is the music that I adore, that I enjoy the most, that makes my heart the happiest, the music that I choose everyday. I am honestly so happy and moved and sensitive and touched. I understand why she said it is hard to listen, it's too risky, it's too different, it's too personal. I just love this album so much, for me it is perfect, even when it's not. 

I feel the same. This is the album i've been craving from her since she put out Ultraviolence that summer.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Well I held strong this entire era and didn't listen to a single song or watch any videos released since I wanted to wait until the full album was released so I could listen to it start to finish brand new.

Now that it's leaked, do I listen to it now or wait for its official release? :hooker:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

5 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Hide contents

I feel the same. This is the album i've been craving from her since she put out Ultraviolence that summer.

Spoiler

Honestly this is what I wanted Honeymoon to be back then. I love Honeymoon so much too! And so happy both of them exist. But Chemtrails is, like I said, my favorite kind of music. Also, her voice sounds so damn beautiful in ALL tracks. 

Now that I have listened to "chemtrails" again I want to give you my opinion on this album.

Spoiler

I feel that the songs from white dress to let me love you like a woman sound strong, they are powerful.
After this comes wild at heart, I think the song is good, there is a part (second 58) that sounds exactly the same as love song, I mean the rhythm. Dark but just a game sounds sexy and it's pretty cool but I don't see myself listening to it all the time.
track number seven, eight and ten are pretty slow ballads, I love ballads but somehow I can't connect with those songs, those songs sound the same as tomorrow never came (or have a resemblance to that song) breaking up slowly is great and I love the lyrics.
I honestly feel that Norman is better in terms of production, if this album is risky in something it would be in Lana's vocal register because I didn't like the production very much ... maybe it will grow on me later.

This album feels like a slower continuation of Norman, I honestly want Lana to take more risks on her next album because I didn't like this one at all.

Edited by Elle
spoiler tag added x

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Spoiler

Dark But Just a Game has gotta be one of the best songs in her career. It's all over the place and in such a good way. It's COCC's Venice B*tch :flutter:

Edited by Elle
spoiler tag added x