Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

50 minutes ago, salvatore said:

ladies which songs sound like the perfect fit for the LfL-NFR!-CotCC laurel canyon melancholy nostalgia story of a woman with a past and hope transversing the rivers and skylines along with Heroin Change Get Free Sylvia Happiness Best American Record Bartender etc

aOaIzH2.gif

Spoiler

IMO dark but just a game, yosemite, dance til we die, BUS, maybe not all who wander

aOaIzH2.gif

I don't understand how White Dress is a sad song.. even her best? :wtf:

Tulsa Jesus Freak is my fav so far. I creamed myself when I heard White Hot Forever. The second half of the album is a skip for me lol

R5sPD4M.jpg

13 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

Reveal hidden contents

So are the vocals on White Dress bad? I'm confused

Spoiler

sorry, yes they are. still a cute song tho. 

1 minute ago, LanaRayDelMar said:

Hide contents

I don't understand how White Dress is a sad song.. even her best? :wtf:

Tulsa Jesus Freak is my fav so far. The second half of the album is a skip for me lol

Spoiler

tulsa is clearly the standout (and the title track)

40 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:
  Hide contents

What does everyone think is saddest

song on album? 

Spoiler

White dress for sure, it’s more bittersweet but there’s real sadness there too imo

aOaIzH2.gif

manifesting no more folk, no more country, no more hippy love stuff, no more Elizabeth vocals and most importantly NO MORE jack , next album will hopefully be the return of classic cinematic rick knowles produced big bold depressing overdramatic low vocal degrading desperate controversial orchestral strings honeymoon esque MASTERPIECE , i know you're all thinking it :sass: anyway can't wait to listen to this again tomorrow, it needs to grow on me a lot more..

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Weyes sounds just like Joni at the end. It's beyond

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Terrence Loves Me said:

manifesting no more folk, no more country, no more hippy love stuff, no more Elizabeth vocals and most importantly NO MORE jack , next album will hopefully be the return of classic cinematic rick knowles produced big bold depressing overdramatic low vocal degrading desperate controversial orchestral strings honeymoon esque MASTERPIECE , i know you're all thinking it :sass: anyway can't wait to listen to this again tomorrow, it needs a long way to grow on me..

Manifesting just that. 

Spoiler

Ain't nothing wrong with miss COCC, she's cute for what she is though.

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

manifesting no more folk, no more country, no more hippy love stuff, no more Elizabeth vocals and most importantly NO MORE jack , next album will hopefully be the return of classic cinematic rick knowles produced big bold depressing overdramatic low vocal degrading desperate controversial orchestral strings honeymoon esque MASTERPIECE , i know you're all thinking it :sass: anyway can't wait to listen to this again tomorrow, it needs to grow on me a lot more..

manifesting lana del rey MEDIEVAL BARDCORE ALBUM next

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif

Just now, Max said:

Manifesting just that. 

Hide contents

Ain't nothing wrong with miss COCC, she's cute for what she is though.

Spoiler

which isn't a lot :sass:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just now, Terrence Loves Me said:
  Hide contents

which isn't a lot :sass:

I love you TLM because you speak your truth and you don't give a rat's ass. :smile3:

the way you all thought this was a fake acronym last night when it’s actually WD lyrics. :makeup:

23 hours ago, fvck said:

YWMMFLIGT :kiss3:

ZECJ8Dw.gif

Spoiler

So the budget was too small to include the clarinet at the end of for free I see. It sounds so bad without it. The music just stops and I’m like that’s the end of the album :noparty:

10 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Yes!! I agree with you 100%. Very well said!  Let the manifesting begin! I'm ready for Jack to go back to Taylor Swift and Lorde, and let our Queen get back with Rick Nowels!  I'm still waiting for a slick sexy dirty gritty 90s alt electro grunge-y with a lil dash of trip hop album! She needs to call up Butch Vig, the new Garbage record is finished and I highly doubt they're going to be able to tour anytime soon. Would be great if he could work with Lana on something in the future :flutter:

8 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Hide contents

Weyes sounds just like Joni at the end. It's beyond

Spoiler

Through some crazy hexing this group made Weyes Blood grow on me via Titanic Rising. So I don’t mind her ending the record but I did think the ending was kind of abrupt. Like, it just kinda stops hahah. Maybe a subtle fade out with some light pads or sound clips could have been nice. :xcry: 

Spoiler

So I caved and this album sounds so mature!!! I don’t understand people saying it’s monotone or boring but wow, this showcases her vocal abilities like I’ve never heard before. I really hope she’s very proud of this music because she should. This expanded the legacy of NFR in such a fresh way. It’s been such a long journey she’s come since BTD and the evolution is so welcome. Back in the day I would always catalogue one album above all others but ever since NFR came out I’ve come to the realization that each album has it’s very unique soundscape and sonic thematic. Each album a whole sentiment of it’s own. She’s up there with artists that have truly shown growth and maturity without the loss of their artistic identity. Just pay attention to the lyrical and thematical flow from BTD - HM where she explores darker themes and her attitude being more playful and that of someone that’s experiencing the rush of youth - naive and sometimes self destructive. Then walking into LFL, SUCH transition where she REALIZES something is wrong, I must say her entering adulthood and really delving deep into her dark aspects to pull out knowledge from that. Then we have the full circle complete with NFR! and COCC -> the former finding herself out of her dark past and kind of having one last look behind and preparing to explore new territories. With COCC, I am AMAZED of how confident she sounds, I mean she’s ALWAYS sounded confident but this leaves the “playing cool” attitude behind, all the masks and all the smoke around and sharing with us the journey she’s taken and where she’s finally gotten to: a peaceful and contemplative state of mind and the way this is portrayed leaves me in awe. Her voice feels so personal, like her voice hugging the listener throughout the album, esp on LMLYLAW which I never understood the hate for. This is what an adult who has learned from her past sounds like, and that folks we rarely get to witness expressed in such a poetic and endearing way. Lana stood the test of time in my heart; an artist I can truly connect to. Whether she decides to make this the last or she continues her journey, I am honored to have peaked inside her world. A truly misunderstood genius. If only people chose to pay attention to what she’s conveyed instead of her rushed and non-proofread posts they’d see she pours her heart out and never intentions to come off as what she’s being portrayed as. 

Thank you Lana, and please never let anything tone down that free and lighthearted spirit of yours.

Edited by Elle
spoiler tag added x