Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

i also have a strong unexplainable distaste for that line. it’s so off putting idk? and the fact that she was so proud of it lol. kinda ruined the song for me.

I feel the exact same way! I rarely listen to it, it's my least favourite song on the album and that line is a big reason why. But I know that's a super unpopular opinion in the fandom lol

I feel the exact same way! I rarely listen to it, it's my least favourite song on the album and that line is a big reason why. But I know that's a super unpopular opinion in the fandom lol

yup! it’s the only title track i don’t like! i like the instrumental but hate the lyrics. also i don’t like that she doesn’t sing the title of the song...are there any other songs where she does this? the name of NFR was a choice...why wasn’t it sung in any of the songs? i would have been powerful.

You said it all. I'm hoping she gives up the woke/pc bullshit and makes interesting art again that may piss some people off. Not for the sake of being controversial, but for the sake of being honest and free.

Thank you, and thank all of you who commented in the affirmative to my posts. 

She has to become a purist as an artist again, one who doesn't consider what this or what person or community might think of a lyric or title. That's the only way authentic art flows. I am still dazed whenever I hear her psychopathic, completely politically incorrect masterpiece 'Live or Die.' THAT'S what she's got in her, that amount of darkness, several rows of actual teeth like a great white shark. After 'Live or Die' or 'Gods & Monsters,' "You fucked me so good that I almost said, "I love you"" is pretty pathetic and sounds calculated. 

She has to become a purist as an artist again, one who doesn't consider what this or what person or community might think of a lyric or title. That's the only way authentic art flows. I am still dazed whenever I hear her psychopathic, completely politically incorrect masterpiece 'Live or Die.' THAT'S what she's got in her, that amount of darkness, several rows of actual teeth like a great white shark. After 'Live or Die' or 'Gods & Monsters,' "You fucked me so good that I almost said, "I love you"" is pretty pathetic and sounds calculated. 

YES

yup! it’s the only title track i don’t like! i like the instrumental but hate the lyrics. also i don’t like that she doesn’t sing the title of the song...are there any other songs where she does this? the name of NFR was a choice...why wasn’t it sung in any of the songs? i would have been powerful.

Finally someone who understands! I agree with everything you said. Weren't the song and the album originally called bird world too? Maybe she just couldn't think of a title for the song, but I don't like it as the title track...

Finally someone who understands! I agree with everything you said. Weren't the song and the album originally called bird world too? Maybe she just couldn't think of a title for the song, but I don't like it as the title track...

Bird World? i don’t remember hearing that. Wasn’t there another title for the album? I think you’re right that she changed the title of the song and album several times.

Bird World? i don’t remember hearing that. Wasn’t there another title for the album? I think you’re right that she changed the title of the song and album several times.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/09/lana-del-rey-almost-named-her-latest-album-bird-world.html

and just found out that original version didn't have that terrible line either: https://genius.com/Lana-del-rey-bird-world-lyrics  :shock:

Thank you, and thank all of you who commented in the affirmative to my posts. 

Live or die is probably my favourite unreleased song, especially the early version with the "hey"!

https://www.vulture.com/2019/09/lana-del-rey-almost-named-her-latest-album-bird-world.html

and just found out that original version didn't have that terrible line either: https://genius.com/Lana-del-rey-bird-world-lyrics  :shock:

Live or die is probably my favourite unreleased song, especially the early version with the "hey"!

Absolutely, the early version, where, as she and her lover slaughter people, like a cheerleader, she cries, 'HEY!' It's brilliant.  

I consider it one of the 3 or 4 top 'statements' that rock and rock-influenced music has made, the others being the Rolling Stones' 'Gimme Shelter' and Nico's 'Genghis Khan,' which opens, 'I have come to lie with you, I can come to die with you.' 

Guys, what did we learn? Lana knows what she's doing. Remember when we noticed her with Born to Die, and the she gave us UV and it was super shocking! After all of that, she gave us that "You can be a bad motherfucker, but that don't make you a man", and later Cherry, Heroin, Get Free. And after all when the world was saying "her sound is always the same", she showed up with Cinnamon Girl, Venice Bitch and California. 

OMG! I wanna cry now. She's just the best artist of our generation :`). COCC is going to be her best album.

About the « safe » lyrics of NFR...

each one of her albums is a chapter in her life. BTD is end of teenage, UV is early 20, HM is end of 20 to 30, LFL is her 30’s life crisis and NFR is mid-30. She always sang about what she was living at the moment and each of her records feels personal on that matter. You can’t expect her to sing about being a cocained Lolita who wants a daddy anymore because that’s not who she is anymore: she is in her 30s and made it, and she is coming closer in age being a mother than to act like a teenage. The themes she explored on UV and BTD are probably gone. On NFR, she is the same person she was on BTD, only grown up. She is still unapologetic, but maybe not that auto destructive anymore (and about her being a « good girl », go back and listen to Gramma on AKA: you have the essence of LDR: a good girl who feels too much and who is tempted to give in her to her demons: on NFR, she kinda remembers that and is back at that place). NFR is the album that screams: take me as I am and fuck off if you don’t like it, maybe more so than the ones that came before it. The album feels extremely sincere and I don’t think she toned down anything to please the crowd. The only album that don’t feel 100% « authentic » is LFL: Some songs are heartfelt (13 Beaches, In My Feelings, Heroin, Change, Get Free), while some others are written from « other perspectives » and don’t feel as « sincere », in a way (BPBP, GBA...). Also, she stated that NFR was inspired by singer-songwriter vibes from Laurel Canyon, and it’s exactly that: sincere, emotional, minimal production, incredible storytelling. You couldn’t have UV lyrics on that kind of production and call it « Laurel Canyon inspired ». I don’t know if that inspiration was intentional form day one or if it came along the way.

I’m not sure what some here expect from her lyrics. To me, as long as the songs feel sincere and have beautiful imagery in the lyrics, they will be incredible LDR songs. I’m curious to hear what the last months brought to her lyricism, if we will feel her in a « raw » state of mind or not, especially knowing that the album was completed on a short period of time.

At the top of my head, we have Cruel World

We can somewhat consider Pretty When You Cry since she says "I" instead of "you"

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

About the « safe » lyrics of NFR...

each one of her albums is a chapter in her life. BTD is end of teenage, UV is early 20, HM is end of 20 to 30, LFL is her 30’s life crisis and NFR is mid-30. She always sang about what she was living at the moment and each of her records feels personal on that matter. You can’t expect her to sing about being a cocained Lolita who wants a daddy anymore because that’s not who she is anymore: she is in her 30s and made it, and she is coming closer in age being a mother than to act like a teenage. The themes she explored on UV and BTD are probably gone. On NFR, she is the same person she was on BTD, only grown up. She is still unapologetic, but maybe not that auto destructive anymore (and about her being a « good girl », go back and listen to Gramma on AKA: you have the essence of LDR: a good girl who feels too much and who is tempted to give in her to her demons: on NFR, she kinda remembers that and is back at that place). NFR is the album that screams: take me as I am and fuck off if you don’t like it, maybe more so than the ones that came before it. The album feels extremely sincere and I don’t think she toned down anything to please the crowd. The only album that don’t feel 100% « authentic » is LFL: Some songs are heartfelt (13 Beaches, In My Feelings, Heroin, Change, Get Free), while some others are written from « other perspectives » and don’t feel as « sincere », in a way (BPBP, GBA...). Also, she stated that NFR was inspired by singer-songwriter vibes from Laurel Canyon, and it’s exactly that: sincere, emotional, minimal production, incredible storytelling. You couldn’t have UV lyrics on that kind of production and call it « Laurel Canyon inspired ». I don’t know if that inspiration was intentional form day one or if it came along the way.

I’m not sure what some here expect from her lyrics. To me, as long as the songs feel sincere and have beautiful imagery in the lyrics, they will be incredible LDR songs. I’m curious to hear what the last months brought to her lyricism, if we will feel her in a « raw » state of mind or not, especially knowing that the album was completed on a short period of time.

No one is saying that though...did you read our posts or...?

When we say we want her to be more controversial and unapologetic, we mean we just want her to not try so hard with people a critic pleaser and write about what she really wants to write about rather than censoring herself for the sake of others.

NFR has good lyricism, but feels disingenuous at times. I do believe some of it was partly to finally win over the critics (which we know has been a battle for Lana since the very beginning).

No one is expecting her to sing about Mr. Humbert while crying in a cheap motel with smeared mascara on her cheeks.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

It's an absolutely beautiful track and I'd agree with this too, because I love when the title of the album is said on the album, but she did say "norman rockwell" on venice bitch. not the album title with "norman fucking rockwell" but still it was at least somewhere on the album. I still wanna hear the full version of the bird world version of nfr

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

At the top of my head, we have Cruel World

We can somewhat consider Pretty When You Cry since she says "I" instead of "you"

terrence loves you, get free, music to watch boys to, old money

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

No one is saying that though...did you read our posts or...?

When we say we want her to be more controversial and unapologetic, we mean we just want her to not try so hard with people a critic pleaser and write about what she really wants to write about rather than censoring herself for the sake of others.

NFR has good lyricism, but feels disingenuous at times. I do believe some of it was partly to finally win over the critics (which we know has been a battle for Lana since the very beginning).

No one is expecting her to sing about Mr. Humbert while crying in a cheap motel with smeared mascara on her cheeks.

Yes, I read the posts and they do contain some valid points. I perhaps went too fast, made some shortcuts to express what I wanted, and probably didn’t stay on topic. I still don’t think she played it safe on NFR, lyrically speaking. Maybe she didn’t have anything to say that could be controversial. She sure didn’t feel angry during that period and some of her most controversial posts or songs seem to come from a lot of anger. But I don’t feel she held back anything on that album or wrote to please people. I’m curious for the lyrics on COCC, since she already told us some may not like what she says.

The chorus on NFR is a career highlight and it made me cry when Lana teased the track

It's celestial af and one of the best songs on NFR xxoxo

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: