Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I'm so glad we're getting another Jack produced album. Ik a lot of ppl on here dislike his production but I love it. I wonder what a Jack produced album would sound like where he isn't told to not go too big with the sound. I hope that's what COCC is.

qfrWuBl.png

I wonder if cocc is going to be as gloomy and introspective as her other works or go for more of a happy and upbeat vibe. I think the poetry is more gloomy and introspective so I’m interested to see what she does for sound with the album.

I expect after her insta post she’s going for introspective, since she kind of prefaced the album with those posts in a way

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

lol youtubers

/

I'm kinda wondering how Behind the iron gates book is gonna b scheduled w cocc. Violet's already gonna b out. 29th. would b eventful for the 5th. but she hasn't mentioned the second book yet so

She said It’s Scheduled to be out in March 2021. She first mentioned it in her first or second post about the « culture » I think. We don’t know if it’s just the physical book or the audiobook as well.

She said It’s Scheduled to be out in March 2021. She first mentioned it in her first or second post about the « culture » I think. We don’t know if it’s just the physical book or the audiobook as well.

oof. that was like, felt like an eternity ago. but ok cool thanx! guess that means the bundles won't b with em then 

UV/Honeymoon

How exactly is NFR safe? Because she isn't still singing about Carmen street walking and doing party favors when she's now 35 years old? If anything, repeating the themes and sounds on BTD forever would be the safe thing for her to do, since she would never need to get as emotionally vulnerable as she is on NFR. Being vulnerable and real is never safe or easy. She swears because she has a foul mouth and that's how she expresses herself, it doesn't detract from the album. Yes, NFR is more subdued and intimate lyrically and sonically, but being large and grand is not always synonymous with quality. I don't know how people can say NFR is lyrically weak when Happiness is a Butterfly, The Greatest, Mariners, Venice Bitch are right there. Or how you can say that some of the more stripped backed songs aren't absolute stunners, like Love Song, Happiness and Hope. Lana is not pandering to critics, this is just where Lana is at in her life.  She wants the lyrics and melody and instrumental composition to shine through without every song needing the support of some giant production. Out of all of the thousands of people who release stripped back singer/songwriter type albums, critics fell in love with NFR because it is actually a masterpiece.

How exactly is NFR safe? Because she isn't still singing about Carmen street walking and doing party favors when she's now 35 years old? If anything, repeating the themes and sounds on BTD forever would be the safe thing for her to do, since she would never need to get as emotionally vulnerable as she is on NFR. Being vulnerable and real is never safe or easy. She swears because she has a foul mouth and that's how she expresses herself, it doesn't detract from the album. Yes, NFR is more subdued and intimate lyrically and sonically, but being large and grand is not always synonymous with quality. I don't know how people can say NFR is lyrically weak when Happiness is a Butterfly, The Greatest, Mariners, Venice Bitch are right there. Or how you can say that some of the more stripped backed songs aren't absolute stunners, like Love Song, Happiness and Hope. Lana is not pandering to critics, this is just where Lana is at in her life.  She wants the lyrics and melody and instrumental composition to shine through without every song needing the support of some giant production. Out of all of the thousands of people who release stripped back singer/songwriter type albums, critics fell in love with NFR because it is actually a masterpiece.

Please for the love of God actually go through the posts we made already. No one is saying we want her to sing about cocaine and daddies. This conversation is getting tired. :what:

Edit: Sorry for sounding too harsh, it's just frustrating, that's all

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

How exactly is NFR safe? Because she isn't still singing about Carmen street walking and doing party favors when she's now 35 years old? If anything, repeating the themes and sounds on BTD forever would be the safe thing for her to do, since she would never need to get as emotionally vulnerable as she is on NFR. Being vulnerable and real is never safe or easy. She swears because she has a foul mouth and that's how she expresses herself, it doesn't detract from the album. Yes, NFR is more subdued and intimate lyrically and sonically, but being large and grand is not always synonymous with quality. I don't know how people can say NFR is lyrically weak when Happiness is a Butterfly, The Greatest, Mariners, Venice Bitch are right there. Or how you can say that some of the more stripped backed songs aren't absolute stunners, like Love Song, Happiness and Hope. Lana is not pandering to critics, this is just where Lana is at in her life. She wants the lyrics and melody and instrumental composition to shine through without every song needing the support of some giant production. Out of all of the thousands of people who release stripped back singer/songwriter type albums, critics fell in love with NFR because it is actually a masterpiece.

I agree with you. To me, there are hints of saying FU to everyone on NFR: fresh out of fucks forever, I fucked up but Jesus, can a girl just do the best she can? I don’t think she held back anything on NFR, she just didn’t have anything controversial to write about. And anyways, I wouldn’t want her to write about « false controversy for the sake of it ». It would feel forced. A bit like when Madonna became « woke » with American Life and it not her best album. I don’t want a whole song being about « Fuck you guys, I don’t take shit from no one. »

July 28th. sept 29th. she didn't mention the album at all.. knew she was gonna get to the poetry first, just based from her posts and excitement towards it from before but. wonder when she's gonna start teasing/mentioning the album .. next slot would be, 2nd week of aug, end of 1st week? hmm 

also.. the amount of vinyls for the poetry book just gets me all anticipating for cocc's amount of releases 

UV/Honeymoon

I think she might not say anything about the album before the audiobook is released. It’s a better strategy to talk about one thing at a time. She announced two dates for the book, one for the audiobook and one for the physical edition, both are very important, and a release date for the album would’ve probably taken over everything else.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I think she might not say anything about the album before the audiobook is released. It’s a better strategy to talk about one thing at a time. She announced two dates for the book, one for the audiobook and one for the physical edition, both are very important, and a release date for the album would’ve probably taken over everything else.

And let’s not forget it’s her we’re talking about : she has a tendency of posting things once and thinking this is crystal clear (like not saying Sylvia was renamed, posting a snippet of it saying that HIADTFAWLMTH-BIHI is out January 8 or 9, or dropping COCC’s Name, but having us wondering if it was the possible name of the audiobook, which it wasn’t). She already gave us the release date, so I guess she doesn’t see the point of adding anything up until the preorder.

July 28th. sept 29th. she didn't mention the album at all.. knew she was gonna get to the poetry first, just based from her posts and excitement towards it from before but. wonder when she's gonna start teasing/mentioning the album .. next slot would be, 2nd week of aug, end of 1st week? hmm

also.. the amount of vinyls for the poetry book just gets me all anticipating for cocc's amount of releases

August is likely to start teasing the new album. She wanted a small release all along, wanting a « surprise drop ». With Violet out and her minimalist plans, it would be fitting to start teasing the project not very long before its release.

Please for the love of God actually go through the posts we made already. No one is saying we want her to sing about cocaine and daddies. This conversation is getting tired. :what:

I understand what you mean. I reread the posts that some of you put out and your points were valid.

It’s true that LFL and NFR and even HM didn’t have much controversy to talk about, unlike the « I wish I was dead already » misquote of the UV era, for example. But I wonder what controversy you would her to sing about (it’s really a genuine question, because the way I see how she is living these days, I wonder what could be controversial enough for her to sing that wouldn’t feel dishonest or forced).

theres the chance that it'll sort of sound like the honeymoon interlude, more of a spoken word style than singing. since that seems to be the direction she's going in

I don’t think so, she recorded two audiobooks, one of which we will hear soon, it wouldn’t be a smart move to also have a spoken word style for the album. I would personally dislike it. She has a singing voice that’s getting more and more beautiful, that’s what I want to hear in songs, not soft-spoken words

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I was just thinking (again), the poem we’ve heard from Violet has a soft Norman-like instrumental, so maybe if NFR and VBBOTG have a similar sound, maybe COTCC will have the kinda surf noir sound patent leather do-over had. As if each poetry album is like a closing chapter after the albums. Or for all we know, just that one poem (it was “happy” right? I can’t remember lol) has that sound, and it’ll be a gradual transition from NFR to VBBOTG to COTCC to BTIG–IFAI, starting from like a peaceful sound and getting darker and darker. That’d be cool. I’m just so curious since we have so much to look forward to and we have no clue whatsoever of what this album could contain and minimal ideas about the poetry albums to go off of.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

It's not a question of 'controversy' and/or LDR writing about controversial subjects for the sake of controversy, it's a question of approaching the topic, whatever it is, in an interesting, dramatic and dynamic way.

She does this on 'The Greatest,' I agree, on NFR, but not, for me, on most of the rest of NFR, with the exception of 'Hope.' There's a lot of uninspired writing and some lazy retreads on NFR, and it's usually not a good sign when an artist starts repeating her- or himself. Tori Amos, for example, started turning out retreads of her own songs between her six and seventh album ('Carbon' and 'Barons of Suburbia,' for example, or 'Gold Dust' and 'Toast'), and Joni Mitchell's 'Don Juan's Reckless Daughter' is a rewrite of her own 'Coyote' from the previous album; the music for both is almost identical. 

For me, there's barely a good LDR song that does not have some kind dynamic tension inherent in it*, even if the song is still performed in a breezy manner, as the great 'Thunder' recently was. 

So regardless of the subject or topic of the song, regardless of whether it's broadly masochistic in approach or domineering or somewhere in the middle, sad or happy, deeply personal and intimate or simply a subject she wanted to essay, I'd like the songs on COCC to be passionate, genuinely inspired, dramatically presented, and inherently dynamic. All of her best music you can listen to over and over for years and never tire of. 

She also used to produce clever, humorous 'little' songs like 'Radio,' 'National Anthem,' 'Hollywood's Dead,' 'Making Out' and 'Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight' which were like satires or parodies of contemporary pop songs, and which she was very good at. I wish she had continued writing these, as they were a good offset to her more serious songs. 

* 'Video Games,' 'Blue Jeans,' 'Summertime Sadness,' 'Radio,' 'Cola,' 'American,' 'Gods & Monsters,' 'Yayo,' 'Wait For Life,' 'West Coast,' 'Old Money,' 'Black Beauty,' 'Swan Song,' 'Salvatore,' 'Religion,' 'Terrence Loves You,' 'Music To Watch Boys To,' '13 Beaches,' 'When the World Was At War,' 'Heroin' and, from her unreleased catalog, 'Angels Forever,' 'Hollywood,' 'Hollywood's Dead,' 'Making Out,' 'Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight,' 'Live Or Die' 'Fine China,' 'Color Blue' and others. 

I was just thinking (again), the poem we’ve heard from Violet has a soft Norman-like instrumental, so maybe if NFR and VBBOTG have a similar sound, maybe COTCC will have the kinda surf noir sound patent leather do-over had. As if each poetry album is like a closing chapter after the albums. Or for all we know, just that one poem (it was “happy” right? I can’t remember lol) has that sound, and it’ll be a gradual transition from NFR to VBBOTG to COTCC to BTIG–IFAI, starting from like a peaceful sound and getting darker and darker. That’d be cool. I’m just so curious since we have so much to look forward to and we have no clue whatsoever of what this album could contain and minimal ideas about the poetry albums to go off of.

That and both the audiobook for Violet and Norman have 14 tracks.