Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Am I a bad fan for saying that I rather have some info in this than the poetry book? Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure the books are lovely, but right now I really need some new music from her. As much as I still adore NFR I’m just a fiend for her new music lol.

No, you're not. It's like RIhanna and her beauty empire. It's fine, but the fans need more music. 

Lana is amazing with poetry and monologues and I'm sure we will buy her poetry book in every version, but we want new music.

I've been thinking a lot about what we should expect from COCC lately (obviously) and with her recent controversial post I feel like she's going to go in a completely different direction from her past two albums. 

I know she said the album will be similar to NFR but that was one year ago and, even though NFR is my favorite album, I think it's pretty obvious she needs more than the acclaim from the critics she's been receiving lately. To me, it's almost like she's starting to regret her choices of being politically correct in LFL and of playing safe lyrically in NFR and now she's had enough.

Remember in the Venice Bitch interview when she revealed the title of her new record was Norman Fucking Rockwell how she said she was feeling more playful creatively and taking things less seriously since she had started working with Jack? I feel like, two years later, she's coming full circle and starting to make art without compromises like she used to up until Honeymoon. 

And besides her boost of confidence, her and Jack seem to work really quickly together. The fact that she's giving us a whole new record and a spoken word album in a year is astounding.

Anyways that's all  :cuteface:

What was the countdown all about? Is the COCC date still not set in stone?

The countdown was on a branch of her official websites that isn’t super up to date apparently. Not even sure the countdown was for Friday. It was probably for the poetry book.

I've been thinking a lot about what we should expect from COCC lately (obviously) and with her recent controversial post I feel like she's going to go in a completely different direction from her past two albums.

I know she said the album will be similar to NFR but that was one year ago and, even though NFR is my favorite album, I think it's pretty obvious she needs more than the acclaim from the critics she's been receiving lately. To me, it's almost like she's starting to regret her choices of being politically correct in LFL and of playing safe lyrically in NFR and now she's had enough.

Remember in the Venice Bitch interview when she revealed the title of her new record was Norman Fucking Rockwell how she said she was feeling more playful creatively and taking things less seriously since she had started working with Jack? I feel like, two years later, she's coming full circle and starting to make art without compromises like she used to up until Honeymoon.

And besides her boost of confidence, her and Jack seem to work really quickly together. The fact that she's giving us a whole new record and a spoken word album in a year is astounding.

Anyways that's all :cuteface:

I am surprised that by 2021, Jack and her will have put out four projects together, which is astounding.

I agree with most of what you said, maybe not as much about her lyrics being safe on NFR (three titles had fuck or bitch in them. I agree that she doesn’t sound angry on NFR and is fresh out of fucks forever). I read in what she said about the culture that she feels her voice doesn’t have its place. I think she may receive backlash as being « not a feminist », if she sings about being incomplete after a heartbreak. I expect to see her vulnerability also, like on Hope, Heroin and Patent Leather, to see that she is a fragile woman, battling with sadness / depression from time to time. I’ m not so sure there’ll be « big fuck you » moments like there were on UV, though I’d be fine with those too.

didnt expect any COCC info today honestly. it would be too distracting announcing two things at once, the poetry book is for a good cause also so im sure she wanted it to get its spotlight attention and such.

Anyways for COCC I hope its a 14 track album, I personally am not one of those people who are super against having anything on the album that we have heard in some form or another or heard about, like I would adore it if we got Yosemite(fitting for this albums theme, it also fit in with the White Hot Forever title too honestly), and Roses Bloom for You, I feel like roses are a rich country club type of thing, so that wouldn't feel out of place on the record.

This would be my ideal tracklist

1. White Hot Forever

2. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

3. Grenadine Quarantine

4. Hey Blue Baby

5. Roses Bloom For You

6. Yosemite

7. Stupid For Feeling So Happy

8. If This Is The End - I Want A Boyfriend

9. TBD

10. TBD

11. TBD

12. TBD

13. TBD

14 TBD

But like this would be a lust for life 2.0 in that some of the tracks just wouldn’t go together - how would you make ‘hey blue baby’ and ‘roses’ make sense together? This would be a royal mess. We need a cohesive sound like btd ultraviolence honeymoon and partially NFR - we don’t need another lust for life mess ugh

It sounds so good  :candy:

This is our Lanaboards anthem!!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

didnt expect any COCC info today honestly. it would be too distracting announcing two things at once, the poetry book is for a good cause also so im sure she wanted it to get its spotlight attention and such.

Anyways for COCC I hope its a 14 track album, I personally am not one of those people who are super against having anything on the album that we have heard in some form or another or heard about, like I would adore it if we got Yosemite(fitting for this albums theme, it also fit in with the White Hot Forever title too honestly), and Roses Bloom for You, I feel like roses are a rich country club type of thing, so that wouldn't feel out of place on the record.

This would be my ideal tracklist

1. White Hot Forever

2. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

3. Grenadine Quarantine

4. Hey Blue Baby

5. Roses Bloom For You

6. Yosemite

7. Stupid For Feeling So Happy

8. If This Is The End - I Want A Boyfriend

9. TBD

10. TBD

11. TBD

12. TBD

13. TBD

14 TBD

We really need to let go of the idea that she'll release those songs. We're only setting ourselves up for disappointment! Even grenadine quarantine and If this is the end are probably unrealistic

Follow the fleet of blacked out cars

Through the iron gates you'll find us

26 acres of diamonds and stars

Baby girls lay pretty behind their golden visors

Dreaming of riches, esaping normality

As the bachelors play poker under rich disguises

I begin to realise that this is not reality

And we watch our lives pass us by

Laying beneath the nuclear skies

Baby girls lay pretty behind their golden visors

Dreaming of riches, esaping normality

As the bachelors play poker under rich disguises

I begin to realise that this is not reality

And we watch our lives pass us by

Laying beneath the nuclear skies

This is gorgeous, is this your poem?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Anyways that's all  :cuteface:

I agree she's been behaving in a PC manner since LFL, because she's trying to appease a certain audience that's difficult to appease and impossible to appease for very long. It's sad to now hear the 'Lust For Life' Demo # 1 and then listen to the anemic pop ditty it became--all the best parts of the song, everything that made it Lana, were cut out. I didn't mind most of the political stuff on LFL because I felt it worked, with the exception of 'Change,' which felt rushed and awkward, and needed additional arranging. 

Also agree that NFR was lyrically 'safe,' a few cheap 'fucks' don't change anything, like the toothless 'bitch' added to 'White Mustang.'  

For COCC, I am looking for what I consider the authentic LDR, who we recently heard on 'Thunder,' which, for me, was better than everything on NFR and better than 2/3rds of LFL. It has the same breezy confidence she used to have, with none of the effort showing. 

I don't understand how people think she played it so safe lyrically on NFR. Hope is easily one of her most cutting and devastating songs, and the whole album is sprinkled with really great and dark lyrics throughout. 

I think COCC will be a progression of the themes and sounds she started in NFR, since her and Jack worked on the albums so closely together, but hopefully even more experimental the way Venice Bitch was.

I don't understand how people think she played it so safe lyrically on NFR. Hope is easily one of her most cutting and devastating songs, and the whole album is sprinkled with really great and dark lyrics throughout. 

I think COCC will be a progression of the themes and sounds she started in NFR, since her and Jack worked on the albums so closely together, but hopefully even more experimental the way Venice Bitch was.

I agree that hope isn't safe, it's the song that lyrically most reminds me of darker past songs. But I honestly can't think of a single risky line in any of the other songs (and I also don't get why so many people say they're political?). I agree that there was some darkness but compared to her past albums it definitely felt very safe to me, and I get that. After years of criticism it was probably nice to be praised by critics. But from what she said in her "question for the culture" posts I honestly have a lot of hope that COCC will be quite different and even though Jack is the producer again, she has tried out a new style for every album. I'd also love some experimental VB stuff, but it could really go anywhere, I'm sure she'll surprise us!