Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I think Born to Die is her best album lyrically, partially because she’s so flawless at crafting a persona that flows through the entire album, which is not easy, trust me I’ve tried

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

BTD and Paradise don’t have any mis apps lyrically that I can recall. All of her other albums have some lines that aren’t perfect. But hey, you have your whole life to write your first album. Writing the other ones can be tricky.

NFR does have some of the stories that I love the most though. HM had some of her strongest lyrics (The Blackest Day, Terrence, MTWBT...) and some that are a bit weaker like you mentioned (same with LFL).

The Greatest is one of my top Lana songs and just the title of the new album gives me strong « The Greatest » vibes, so imagine how excited I am about it.

I think Born to Die is her best album lyrically, partially because she’s so flawless at crafting a persona that flows through the entire album, which is not easy, trust me I’ve tried

i agree i think BTD is her best lyrically because it was writing a story and creating a character and it was about literally everything she's experienced so far in her life, all her albums are written differently i think; born to die and ultraviolence were written like stories from start to finish about a relationship, paradise was how she felt as an artist being seen by other people cause she's made it now and she reflects on her life before fame (ride) and after it (gods & monsters), honeymoon focused a lot on production its a mood record, an ode to her love of jazz and music in general, lust for life was written about society, politics and the media, sharing her point of view on the state of the world and norman seems to be how she views herself(?) she writes about love and all these relationships but more in an introspective way where she's revealing her role and how she feels in these relationships rather than how she views the other person

i love you, but you don't understand me.

The way I see it is I fell in love with Lana Del Rey originally because her music was so abrasive while she remained mysterious and cryptic.

Now her music is just too up close and intimate sounding for it to be considered the same level of grandeur, and the mystery built up behind the stage name has been somewhat demolished.

I wonder if this era will come with a random track like Looking For America or if the album will sound anything like LFA

also just realized the sky is painted on both the LFA cover and on the NFR cover. i mean i knew before but didn’t put that connection together before

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I always forget LFA exists oop-

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I wonder if cocc is going to be as gloomy and introspective as her other works or go for more of a happy and upbeat vibe. I think the poetry is more gloomy and introspective so I’m interested to see what she does for sound with the album.

I don't understand why you would want her to be controversial just for the sake of it.

lol youtubers 

/

I'm kinda wondering how Behind the iron gates book is gonna b scheduled w cocc. Violet's already gonna b out. 29th. would b eventful for the 5th. but she hasn't mentioned the second book yet so

UV/Honeymoon

How can you say this when you've never heard Yosemite?

some people would rather have songs on the album that are entirely new instead of tracks that we already have or know about, you do have a good point because we really haven't heard yosemite, but we all know about it and i guess it's just more exciting when it's new songs that we know nothing about. 

WGe8ynS.gif