Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

If the album will be out in September worldwide on CD, it would be out before her poetry CD.

I see the audiobook coming early in July only for Grammy noms. To me, Violet’s real release is Sept 28. So COCC’s release being Sept 5 makes more sense. And maybe this is why the audio forms of Violet will only be out in October, so the preorders for COCC will be out along with the release of the album on steaming?

I keep waiting for that one post that will blow the thread up because some online store somewhere is listing it, possibly with a number of tracks or even a tracklist. Manifesting it with this post to happen soon. 

this is my dream, but I just don’t see her putting that much thought/effort into it these days. Maybe she’ll surprise us tho.

She’s gotta put out a single IMO. A surprise drop isn’t gonna work out well for her. She’s no beyonce, I know she doesn’t care about sales but she does care about not being embarrassed.

Get that poetry book out of the way, then single time mid August at the latest. And a good single that people will wanna listen to more than once.

I completely disagree, I think a surprise release would work out fine. NFR along with the rest show that she doesn't need a successful lead single to do decent numbers. This is no supprise as her main audience is her fanbase who will buy it regardless - more of a cult artist in that respect. We can also look at honeymoon which had a very low-key release and still sold decently.

I didn’t know where to post this thought, so I guess here is good. I don’t really know anything about Lana’s contract, but I’ve recently been wondering if possibly making her poetry books also into albums is a way of finishing up her contract, especially with the poetry albums coming so close before and after Chemtrails. It was just an observation.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I honestly don’t know what would be the best strategy for this album, single or not I mean.

I don’t follow other artists as carefully, but I wonder how the whole pandemic situation is changing promotion and releases of new records these days.

I honestly don’t know what would be the best strategy for this album, single or not I mean.

I don’t follow other artists as carefully, but I wonder how the whole pandemic situation is changing promotion and releases of new records these days.

the pandemic's sorta just working for her imo. I mean, aside from more of the intensity of internet n social media use bc of it, she literally just needs to post something, and her fanbase'll just eat it up. pros would b she's always been this way anyway, con is that there's just a magnification to it bc people have less to do w more time in their hands. 

w the poetry book, I hope people really soak it in properly, and w the music as well. it's easy to quote someone for ur own purposes but takes a lot more dedication to hear and listen to what she has to say as a whole, or even in chunks. 

I do think a good interview or two would do her well to sort of prevent that from happening, as some kind of failsafe. 

they opened up studios and filming I think earlier last month, so I'm sure they'd be able to pull something off w videos/photoshoots if they wanted to. though I don't really mind more home videos, as long as they're at least well thought of. Snap a few pics, format them. and her music/work'll just simmer everything together like it usually does imo

UV/Honeymoon

qqFxbId.jpg

so anyways 

I believe they call it the Directors Cut. 

https://youtu.be/0tGh2GT7S9M

I'm not sure if the full music video with this ending is on YouTube but I think it used to be some other external link like Vimeo. Probably lost somewhere on this site.

Edit: I remember finding it here but it's gone

https://www.nylon.com/articles/shades-of-cool-directors-cut

does anyone know where else we can find it since it's gone now  :poordat:

I think it would be weird for album pre-orders to go up before a single is released, has she done that before? Not that I can remember...

Yo, when are we getting the Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant re-release?  :cuteface:

I think it would be weird for album pre-orders to go up before a single is released, has she done that before? Not that I can remember...

A single along with the preorder + art cover + tracklist reveals would be nice. She usually does have a preorder with a single along with it, except for NFR (but nothing made sense with the release : we had three “fan tracks”, the preorder and then a double release before the album). Usually, the lead is a already out and the preorder comes with a promo single, but I don’t see two singles before the album’s release.

I'm generally glad that Lana's avoided Deluxe editions since UV, but I wouldn't mind one this time with Looking For America and some of the cut LFL/NFR tracks...though please, no retailer/streaming service exclusives.

Yo, when are we getting the Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant re-release?  :cuteface:

I'm generally glad that Lana's avoided Deluxe editions since UV, but I wouldn't mind one this time with Looking For America and some of the cut LFL/NFR tracks...though please, no retailer/streaming service exclusives.

I’m torn between loving and hating deluxe editions. She hates them because it kinda changes the narrative of the album and she is one of the few artists nowadays whose albums always tell a story. BTD and UV’s stories do end with the last track of the standard edition; the only project where the bonus track doesn’t change the narrative is Paradise with Burning Desire. So I prefer no deluxe editions to her albums. However, we also got stellar tracks from Deluxe editions, like Lucky Ones, Black Beauty, Flipside and Is This Happiness...

I’m not sure about the rejects from NFR and LFL though. She could keep them for an Unreleased collection for the next years, especially if they don’t fit the narrative of COCC.

I’m torn between loving and hating deluxe editions. She hates them because it kinda changes the narrative of the album and she is one of the few artists nowadays whose albums always tell a story. BTD and UV’s stories do end with the last track of the standard edition; the only project where the bonus track doesn’t change the narrative is Paradise with Burning Desire. So I prefer no deluxe editions to her albums. However, we also got stellar tracks from Deluxe editions, like Lucky Ones, Black Beauty, Flipside and Is This Happiness...

I’m not sure about the rejects from NFR and LFL though. She could keep them for an Unreleased collection for the next years, especially if they don’t fit the narrative of COCC.

Especially since a lot of the rejects from NFR are Shangri-la inspired

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

When I read that, I imagined they would sound a bit like Season of the Witch, which I’m all for, but not on Chemtrails?!

When I read that, I imagined they would sound a bit like Season of the Witch, which I’m all for, but not on Chemtrails?!

I don't really want cut tracks we already know stuff about just drop a tracklist full of random ass titles

Fingers crossed we don't get paragraph-length titles like we did on Lust For Life...

I only thought of Lust for Life with the do-do-do and the shut up, shut up in between.

I didn’t think of sotw, but that’s the same sound! I would love it if COtCC sounds like season of the witch It would be really nice

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland