Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I don’t wanna be that person but, I want all the tracks be consistent in their capitalization this time because every time I look in Norman fucking Rockwells tracklist it’s just so annoying. Like either have them all capitalized at the beginning of the words or none of it capitalized

She always says an album is going to sound one way and then it doesn’t, so who knows.

Honeymoon was supposed to be beachy noir, and it really wasn’t. L4L was supposed to be witchy, then it was supposed to be 60’s girl group, then it was neither. NFR was supposed to be laid back, chili peppers sounding, then it wasn’t.

So we never really know what we’re getting until it actually comes out with her.

That's true, but she did go all out with the 'Doin Time' video, and it is also conceivable that her team had a COCC single video shot sometime between January and March, though that's unlikely. Foresight and planning hasn't been their forte. 

Very true. She is terrible at describing her forthcoming albums, typically because whatever the words 'Hollywood sadcore,' 'witchy,' 'beauty noir,' or 'Hawaiian Glam Metal' mean to her, they mean very different things to other people. Fair enough, I guess, but "so we never really know what we’re getting until it actually comes out with her" is 100% accurate 

It's true that the way she describes an album or her music is never really what it sound like, and for the new albums, it's always the tracks she is working on at the moment that she says are the «sound» of it. LFL's 60s girl groups can be heard on the harmonies of Get Free and the title track, but not much elsewhere. She also said LFL would sound like HM, which it does a bit on 13 beaches and Heroin, which were written in first. With NFR, she said it would sound like Change, which was kinda true for the first tracks (Hope, Love Song, HIaB...), but she also said it would have Chili Peppers and surfy vibes, which is not completely false but not completely true either. 

I didn't know she qualified her music as Hawaiian Glam Metal though. And honestly, I don't get that one...

does anyone know where else we can find it since it's gone now  :poordat:

someone just re-uploaded it today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaAtcJ1r26s

anyways. is there some kind of thread with a master list of all her interviews? i like binge watching/listening to them sometimes and i feel like a list like that would come in handy 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

oh no i feel like it would be soooo cringey to release it on a day dedicated to indigenous people on purpose. "In honor of the systematic oppression you've experienced, I, a white woman, will release an album about MY personal experiences"

i never understand the way lana describes her music she said NFR was gonna sound like change then red hot chili peppers then laurel canyon, i think she just uses words or places that inspire her songwriting to describe what she’s working on like a laurel canyon sound makes no fucking sense

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Lana films stuff early, like, really early. And doesn’t tell anyone she’s doing it. For all we know she’s got entire music videos already locked and loaded.

Not saying I think she does at this point but

true, high by the beach and mtwbt were filmed before the rollout even began for honeymoon

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Unlike Israel controversy, the Instagram stunt is directly tied to the new album and could come with big consequences later on because it can be interpreted as her wanting to regress and go back to singing about being hit and liking it and stuff similar to that.

she literally sang about dating a serial killer on NFR

anyways i hope the tracklist is all new songs as much as im intrigued to hear yosemite it’ll probably end up leaking at some point and i’d rather have 13 or so completely unknown tracks than her putting RBFY, yosemite and whatever old songs she decides to scrap up for a new record

She always says an album is going to sound one way and then it doesn’t, so who knows.

Honeymoon was supposed to be beachy noir, and it really wasn’t. L4L was supposed to be witchy, then it was supposed to be 60’s girl group, then it was neither. NFR was supposed to be laid back, chili peppers sounding, then it wasn’t.

So we never really know what we’re getting until it actually comes out with her.

I don't know why people always say this?

First descriptions of Honeymoon was muddy trap, jazzy and Born to Die-esque. And it was. :rip:

She never said LFL was going to be witchy. Actually she didn't say anything, other than "so summery". And it was.

NFR is the most laid-back LDR album. The Red Hot Chili Peppers thing though, I can admit she went too far. The only RHCP-sounding song is Venice Bitch.

she literally sang about dating a serial killer on NFR

anyways i hope the tracklist is all new songs as much as im intrigued to hear yosemite it’ll probably end up leaking at some point and i’d rather have 13 or so completely unknown tracks than her putting RBFY, yosemite and whatever old songs she decides to scrap up for a new record

Um, she wasn't being literal :rip: And it's one line from one song.

I don't know why people always say this?

First descriptions of Honeymoon was muddy trap, jazzy and Born to Die-esque. And it was. :rip:

She never said LFL was going to be witchy. Actually she didn't say anything, other than "so summery". And it was.

NFR is the most laid-back LDR album. The Red Hot Chili Peppers thing though, I can admit she went too far. The only RHCP-sounding song is Venice Bitch.

THIS, people only thought LFL would sound "witchy" because of the album trailer and "spacey" because of the Love video, perioood :deadbanana:

8nl2OpX.png

i know that it was satire duh.... but it’s very classic lana songwriting which op always goes on about how everything lana has done before NFR is just the most immature piece of shit ever

THIS, people only thought LFL would sound "witchy" because of the album trailer and "spacey" because of the Love video, perioood :deadbanana:

The instrumentations are a bit witchy. I recently listened to them and I felt it held a sound of it

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

Venice Bitch and The Greatest were the only songs on NFR that came close to that surfy guitars RHCP description.

Whewww, 2 songs that are some of her greatest work ever. Those songs imo are definitely in her top 10 hehe. She really is the greatest isn’t she?