Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I predict the title track will start as slow jazz and be about the beauty of a glamorous lifestyle, and then halfway through it will merge into something grungy with a darker and more sinister sound as we realize that impending doom is hovering over these rich folks, and life at the country club isn't all that after all.

Hydrangeas were UV.

Β 

NFR was poppies/lillies

Β 

I was under the impression that NFR was just grass.

Poppies were on the NFR marchandise but I don’t think it fits?!? I like the idea of Violet as it’s flower.

But since it’s a β€œMaritime” album, maybe it’s seaweed :P

everyone in this thread has such amazing ideas and concepts, we really are raising our expectations aren't we?Β  :toofunny:

Β 

pretty sure that's what we do best tbh

Why is everyone talking about flowers tho

Β 

It's LanaBoards tradition since year 1 A.L.D.R. (After Lana Del Rey).

Poppies were on the NFR marchandise but I don’t think it fits?!? I like the idea of Violet as it’s flower.

But since it’s a β€œMaritime” album, maybe it’s seaweed :P

Β 

When I try to image nature while listening to NFR!, I see wide sea and wide countryside. So maybe wildflowers?

Remember when Anna Cofone used to do Lana's hair, until she permanently moved back to London to focus on Dulla Peep?Β  :creep:

I’ll never forgive Dua for that smh

Β 

For real something must've happened in 2017, both Stella and Anna left, as well as her bass player KevinΒ  :biblio:

Β 

As for Dua, she's been looking fly ever since (for the most part, I don't dig every 90s hairstyles she's been sporting tbh).

i thought kevin stayed for 2018?

Β 

Not sure, now that you mention it I feel like he was still there for the LATTMT... There was def a bit of commotion with her core team around 2017-18 though.

Not sure, now that you mention it I feel like he was still there for the LATTMT... There was def a bit of commotion with her core team around 2017-18 though.

and zella took neil too ughhh

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

and zella took neil too ughhh

Β 

at least we can hope for Nicole Nodland's glorious comeback on COCC. But King Neil Krug remains outmatched.Β 

if we had to guess the vibes of this album in terms of her past work, i'd say When The World Was At War, The Greatest, Hope is A Dangerous Thing, and maybe Get Free

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

if we had to guess the vibes of this album in terms of her past work, i'd say When The World Was At War, The Greatest, Hope is A Dangerous Thing, and maybe Get Free

i think we'll get a lot of songs similar to hope lyrically and im hoping for something more vulgar in the sense of PWYC and DMDΒ 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

When ideas about what COTCC would sound like first started to be discussed I was sure that the obvious continuation to NFR should be a Mariners/Venice Bitch vibe but then I thought this was only what I wanted it to sound like because NFR - despite being cohesive enough - didn’t really come through as β€œmarine” as I thought it would. (also Lana rarely goes for the same sounds between projects)

Then she posted the clip from that black and white old movie and Patent Leather, and I started to think of a combination between the lush ethereal production behind Music To Watch Boys To and the surfish vibe of the background music to Patent Leather and Happy.

I also keep thinking about the spaceships and rockets in the sky in the bartender video, for some reason I find it very disquieting and haunting even if they look like they’re laughing and having fun. I think Chemtrails will be quite dark and the change of title would make sense.