Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I feel like there is going to be a strong surf-haze, dream-guitar and neo-noir feel to this record with a possible return to “Hawaiian Glam Metal” as a lot of Lana’s activity lately has been inspired by Hawaii.

1. For starters, she went to Hawaii with a large group of friends and family at the end of 2019. We know she is very responsive to place, her trip to Hawaii likely inspiring the next few points.

2. She followed a lot of accounts of families with new babies who happen to live in Hawaii, most notably @/ockeydockey; in a DM to her, Lana wrote “maybe it’s the quarantine that’s got me Hawaii dreaming”.

3. She posted a clip to Instagram from the movie “From Here to Eternity” which deals with the lives and romances of soldiers during the attack on Pearl Harbour in Hawaii. Perhaps the quality, technicalities and plot of the film will see half of the album adopt a noirish sound and theme while its location will see other songs sound surfy and summery.

4. Lana’s recent look with her blonde hair and long nails draw back to her Lizzy era when “Hawaiian Glam Metal” was her self-proclaimed signature genre. It’s safe to speculate that perhaps a surfier/noir sound on COTCC had her feeling nostalgic for the aesthetic and look she had at the time. We also see this reflected in her recent decision to don a pair of huge bamboo-golden hoops with words in the centre on her birthday, similar to ones she wore frequently in 2009.

5. In the second video of Patent Leather Do-Over Lana posted to Instagram (the one where she films herself walking down literal sea-cliff stairs), she can be heard saying in the background how the scenery almost doesn’t look like California, but rather Hawaii. The instrumentals to Patent Leather Do-Over are also quite hazy and surfy with their dreamy guitars, which may be an indication of the sound we will hear on COTCC.

6. It could be that FILY on NFR, being the last track recorded, was a jumping off point for more surfy songs, as we know Lana’s earliest versions of songs for a new record tend to be in a similar vein to the previous record, sonically.

This thesis  :gclap:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

This whole album gives me old black and white/sepia found footage from the 1920s kind of vibe, i've always pictured it to sound something more like The Good Life

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

This whole album gives me old black and white/sepia found footage from the 1920s kind of vibe, i've always pictured it to sound something more like The Good Life

we've only known about it for like 1 month and a half :deadbanana:

sis wasnt it white hot forever before?

It was. And I can’t wait to see the tracklist, to see how much of WHF can still be found in COCC, or if it completely changed sonically. If White Hot Forever and Let Me Love You like a Woman are nowhere to be found on COCC, renamed or not, then she changed the project completely (and spoke too soon once more).

I was just thinking about this era and how it will be tough to get info outside of her, honestly : we don’t know if there’ll be single, if it will get airplay (this is where we learned about Doin’Time, when it got scheduled to play in the following days), if there’ll be a video (which we learn a couple days prior because of Eclipse). The tracklist for NFR and cover art were posted by her (thank God, her team finally learned how to secure her shit), so no obscure European site to leak it...

I wonder if WHF is a track, or if she meant the album was originally called that? I know we’ve discussed this and it’s kind of been determined it was prolly just a song and not her album title just like the MTWBT / Honeymoon era but still

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I wonder if WHF is a track, or if she meant the album was originally called that? I know we’ve discussed this and it’s kind of been determined it was prolly just a song and not her album title just like the MTWBT / Honeymoon era but still

It was the initial title for the album, until it got changed to Chemtrails. And since she has never put out an album that didn’t have a title track, it’s safe to say that WHF is a song title... unless it was changed because of how the song might be perceived as “White supremacist”.

It was the initial title for the album, until it got changed to Chemtrails. And since she has never put out an album that didn’t have a title track, it’s safe to say that WHF is a song title...

I was gonna say this 

Random but I love that you're so active uwu

I swear I’m not joking whenever I read Chemtrails Over the Country Club I keep on imagining this and I am secretly wanting her to serve like this I hate myself 10Ol4JE.jpg

She looks like 2020 Adele in this pic omg!

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

What I hope it'll be: 60s Shangri La, cinematic, majestic, Honeymoon-esque shit

What I think it'll be: NFR 2.0 but leaning more towards what Hope is, with lots of vague references to fucked up shit that none of us understand, plus a few songs about Seany that we will all pretend are not about Seany because otherwise they will be unlistenable.

If there are any songs about Churchome I will simply neck.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I guess this album will have Chase references since that's who she was dating when she wrote this album? I keep forgetting that she even dated him.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.