Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I have this weird feeling the album won't be released.

She's not in a great place right now with the public, between getting body shamed and people still playing back her note from May.

It may take some more time for things to settle a bit. 

It's frustrating because she was in a very good place with the public, finally getting the accolades she deserved, and now this. It's even more annoying that snakes like Azealia Banks are reading her meanwhile she has said more horrible, and racist stuff about every female artist from Lizzo to Cardi to Nicki to Charli XCX. Disgusting.

Lana DIDN't even say any single bad word. People are just stupid. 

Mmeow~

Lana DIDN't even say any single bad word. People are just stupid. 

I agree.I'm annoyed that people don't read. 

And annoyed at Lana for even putting names because all it did was distant from a very valid point. 

about zella: her ep's tracklist was confirmed months ago and there's only one song left to be released, called "dear benny' with no mentions to a lana feat. unless she's keeping the feature a surprise, it's doubtful it'll be related to that project.

I have this weird feeling the album won't be released.

She's not in a great place right now with the public, between getting body shamed and people still playing back her note from May.

It may take some more time for things to settle a bit. 

It's frustrating because she was in a very good place with the public, finally getting the accolades she deserved, and now this. It's even more annoying that snakes like Azealia Banks are reading her meanwhile she has said more horrible, and racist stuff about every female artist from Lizzo to Cardi to Nicki to Charli XCX. Disgusting.

Actually Lana is in a good place in the court of public opinion. Most people have moved on from her IG post back in May. The only people talking about that are trolls. The folks talking about her weight are trolls too. If an artist backed away because of trolls then no one would ever release anything.

The public really doesn’t care about the views or politics of an artist. If people like what the artist has to offer they will come for it. If Lana releases a solid record people will embrace it and the good reviews will come. Maybe even some awards too.

Lana’s career is in great shape and is riding high. Most musicians would love to be in Lana’s position.

My only concern for Lana is in regard to mental health. I know she carries a lot of pain and sadness and obviously that comes out in her music. It’s important that no one pressures her into things she feels uncomfortable with. She has had a lot of personal struggles so this is an area of concern. But I can relate to that of course.,

My only concern for Lana is in regard to mental health. I know she carries a lot of pain and sadness and obviously that comes out in her music. It’s important that no one pressures her into things she feels uncomfortable with. She has had a lot of personal struggles so this is an area of concern. But I can relate to that of course.,

I don't want to be rude and dismiss anyone's struggles, but you seem to be projecting a lot of your own feelings and problems onto Lana. I've tried to ignore it, but it happens so often. And more than often you make it sound like it's a fact, when in reality we barely know what really is going on. I mean otherwise there wouldn't be speculations surrounding her mother, Lanalysis etc

Maybe read this interview from NME, where she talks about people making her "the sad girl".

Excerpt:

Del Rey isn’t the only modern artist to be painted as this perpetually glum figure because of the melancholy that lives in their music. If she was considered the prom queen of sadness, James Blake would likely have been named king. Last year, he dismissed the “sad boy” label appointed to him, calling the phrase “unhealthy and problematic” and damaging to the discourse around male mental health. Del Rey feels similar about the tag being thrust upon her. “I really never felt like much of what people said about me resonated with how I felt at my core,” she says.

Seriously not trying to be mean here, just an observation. Offtopic as well but whatever :whatever2:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

4-5 more days until possible pre-order/cover reveal!(?)

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

I don't want to be rude and dismiss anyone's struggles, but you seem to be projecting a lot of your own feelings and problems onto Lana. I've tried to ignore it, but it happens so often. And more than often you make it sound like it's a fact, when in reality we barely know what really is going on. I mean otherwise there wouldn't be speculations surrounding her mother, Lanalysis etc

Maybe read this interview from NME, where she talks about people making her "the sad girl".

Excerpt:

Seriously not trying to be mean here, just an observation. Offtopic as well but whatever :whatever2:

Musicians are human beings too. Her songs are beautiful, inspiring and relatable. What I’m saying is that there is a sad place where sad and dark songs come from. It doesn’t just come out of thin air. But she takes that pain and makes it something beautiful and there is something to be learned from that.

Posted this in the Violet Metacritic page, but thought it made sense to post here, too. 

I really, really want Chemtrails to be released in September, but the problem with Lana is that she doesn't apologize. She doesn't see why people are upset about that stupid IG post, and if she is, she's unwilling to apologize for it. 

Part of me respects her for that, because she stands in her mess, and if she feels she was completely misinterpreted, she has the right to feel that way. That said, it's probably going to impact her critically for a while, Chemtrails included. Don't be surprised if we get more mixed/negative reviews this year because of all this dumb drama, unless she addresses it thoroughly in the album. 

Critics will use the IG drama to overshadow the quality of the music. Everything she releases this year will be contextualized w/ the current events it was released within, and her actions throughout. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Critics will use the IG drama to overshadow the quality of the music. Everything she releases this year will be contextualized w/ the current events it was released within, and her actions throughout. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Mainly because, in general, we have forgotten how to separate the artist from the art..."critics" have been doing the same thing to any creator who also shares their private life with the world (via social media, mainly). Same thing happens to Madonna, MJ, Ann Wintour, Bella Hadid etc. etc. etc. Imagine if everyone in the planet had their work and professional life gauged by who they are/what they do in private, off hours--it would be absurd and outrageous. 

Any true "music critic" will allow themselves to focus only on the body of work when Lana releases, and not contextualize Chemtrails beyond the work itself. In my opinion, anyone who does drag Lana's personal life, beliefs, and work beyond her body of music; is more of a (n unsolicited) therapist than a music critic...

I always expect the worst from critics. Lana has been receiving good reviews from them for the past years but most of these critics are dumbasses. I will never forget that one pitchfork reviewer who gave Bedtime Stories a 6 because he didn't understand the album when he was a kid so, as an adult, that meant the album was not that good :rip: brain for worms I swear some of them have...

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

In the thumbnail of her Instagram notification, I thought she just posted the album cover with a close up of her face and she was blonde, but it turned out to be her friend who opened for her on tour in November, Lissie’s paper mag feature LOL!

I always expect the worst from critics. Lana has been receiving good reviews from them for the past years but most of these critics are dumbasses. I will never forget that one pitchfork reviewer who gave Bedtime Stories a 6 because he didn't understand the album when he was a kid so, as an adult, that meant the album was not that good :rip: brain for worms I swear some of them have...

there's no real training for "critics", a lot of them studied neither music or journalism...they're just private citizens with platforms 

In the thumbnail of her Instagram notification, I thought she just posted the album cover with a close up of her face and she was blonde, but it turned out to be her friend who opened for her on tour of in November, Lissie’s paper mag feature LOL!

this was my thought too but i was v suspicious that lana would serve that album cover

Her repost of Haley Bonar being excited about new mixes makes me wonder if those new mixes are a collab between them?

Now that we know Zella and Lana are at least planning a collab and she just reposted promo for her new single, maybe Lana is hinting at collabs with Lissie, Haley, and Zella?

Last year before she dropped the NFR cover and track list, she posted about the necklace she made and promoted Clarissa Pinkola Estes’s books about women - so basically selfies and other people’s work.

Lana posted the Tulsa Jesus Freak selfies and is now promoting other people’s work - the pre-order probably is coming next week then!

In the thumbnail of her Instagram notification, I thought she just posted the album cover with a close up of her face and she was blonde, but it turned out to be her friend who opened for her on tour in November, Lissie’s paper mag feature LOL!

Same, I never clicked so fast

paradise is a hell-colored flame sky