Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I'm so excited for Chemtrails over the Countryclub...don't feel ready to get some news but god damn it, I want some news so bad!!! We don't have a clue what this album sounds like and aah   Destroy me, Lana, with this album....snatch my wig into another universe....trying to keep my expectations low but when I think about this album I got so many ideas how it could sound like and some of you had so many amazing ideas for the sound, for the cover art and so on!!!

After VBBOTG I think Lana is really on fire again...the poetry, the background music, all the different versions Cd's, Vinyl, etc...

She had a writer's block after LFL and I think with Norman she got her inspiration back and Norman is a great album and I hope and I'm sure that Lana will not disappoint us with COCC...and bitch I'm kinda scared...okay maybe not scared ....but I'm curious about the lyrics especially after the mothers day post, Violet bent backward   and the IG drama back in May......and yeah I'm so curious what she has to say about the relationship and break up with Sean

The Insider said that LMLYLAW sounds like Fine China with a strong NFR! touch......sounds promising to me and I'm looking forward to listen to it but I hope we get some songs with a more surfier sound, E-guitar, some dark sexy tracks...but however I think we don't get NFR! 2.0

I can see that the earlier songs have a Norman sound (LMLYLAW is from October so I'm sure it's one of the earlier songs) and that she shifted into another sound direction throughout the album making

Pretty sure we will get something at the beginning of August...maybe a cryptic post again or even the cover, tracklist, lead single or a snippet, maybe the pre-order

I'm dying to see the tracklist this time. We have some (supposed) song titles:

Let Me Love You Like A Woman

Chemtrails over the Countryclub

Tulsa Jesus Freak

White Hot Forever

Grenadine Quarantine

If this is the end-I want a boyfriend

I actually really like the titles so far and they seem interesting

I'm not not not not ready for this album...really hoping that it's coming in September and that we don't get too much snippets or only 1 single

I love Norman but at the first listening we already knew half of the album

Still remember my first LFL listening...man it was amazing (even though it's my least fave ) and the number of times were I was screaming and flying  from the chair..13 Beaches, Cherry, In my Feelings, When the World was at war..., Heroin & Get Free ...whew at my first listening those songs floored me and wow never forget that especially 13 Beaches....that was an out of body experience... My first listening to BTD, UV, and HM was kinda messy+not in the tracklist order, and I wish I could listen to those albums again for the first time....that would be amazing

Love Norman but I just want to listen to a Lana album again without knowing half of the record and be surprised and flying from the chair like half of the time...

I  mean I could have avoid the snippets and singles but I'm impatient and have not that much power to resist to snippets or singles :omfg2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Love Norman but I just want to listen to a Lana album again without knowing half of the record and be surprised and flying from the chair like half of the time...

I  mean I could have avoid the snippets and singles but I'm impatient and have not that much power to resist to snippets or singles :omfg2:

Too relatable. If there's a snippet or leak somewhere out there, I always go dive for it cause I'm an impatient weak bitch. I hope this time that no or barely any info gets out so that upon the first listening I can happily go flying from my chair too  :crossed:

Do you guys think her current reputation will affect the album sales? Violet kind of made no noise outside of the fandom...

Hm I don't think so, because if someone's a real fan, then they know that while Lana can be very unknowledgeable about certain things, that she's most certainly not racist or hateful lmao. I'd be the first to go if so! And I don't think casual fans would greatly affect sales with this, especially when this wasn't a very 'loud' release to begin with if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I think a big mistake was how her team uploaded the LAWAITLY poem on YT but made it only viewable to a select few countries before making it public 1-2 days later. That really affects how it trends and takes off. They should have made it public right upon release, especially with all the exposure it needed considering some current major releases by other artists.

I’m very very excited for COCC! I really hope that the album has more layered instrumentation, as although NFR! is a beautiful record I don’t think I’d want another NFR! in the same way I want another UV like album. But Jack is very talented so I think I can trust that whatever we get will be of excellence.

On another note I’d love for a superb album shoot. Nicole and Neil are both excellent and bringing out a vision of the album with their photoshoots (that and we also get multitudes of pictures where as we only get like three from Chuck ). And I just think mixing up album photographers again is a good call in artistic vision.

And finally please give us a UV quality box set again.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

I’m very very excited for COCC! I really hope that the album has more layered instrumentation, as although NFR! is a beautiful record I don’t think I’d want another NFR! in the same way I want another UV like album. But Jack is very talented so I think I can trust that whatever we get will be of excellence.

On another note I’d love for a superb album shoot. Nicole and Neil are both excellent and bringing out a vision of the album with their photoshoots (that and we also get multitudes of pictures where as we only get like three from Chuck ). And I just think mixing up album photographers again is a good call in artistic vision.

And finally please give us a UV quality box set again.

Strange to me that some of you seem more concerned about the cover or the box set rather than the music

Strange to me that some of you seem more concerned about the cover or the box set rather than the music

when it comes to lana she never disappoints music-wise. But the packaging has been a mess several times. 

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3260-1375807715-35.

Strange to me that you ignored my "concerns" (wasn't really a concern, just a want) about the instrumentation I wanted her to go for musically. Besides, I don't really have any concerns regarding lana's music just wants with the instrumentation (hoping it has a different, more layered instrumentation from NFR!) as she seems to be working with Jack again. However, she's shown time and time again that she's an incredible talent so no matter what, I'll probably end up enjoying the album hence my lack of concerns.

As for her visuals and merch...Many times the quality isn't consistent with what she's releasing musically. There are so many talented people on Lanaboards who have created better album covers, boxsets, and other merch that's of better quality than what her team puts out so much of the time.

My point is, even though the music is the most important, having the whole package (photoshoots, music videos, merch, tour) be of the highest quality is nice as a consumer too. :P

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Last night I dreamed the title track was track 3 in the album like in VBBOTG and everybody's reaction was so over the top it was kind of funny. The dream was so vivid I'm now almost convinced this will actually happen.

I feek incredibly excited and I'm hoping for new info next week!