Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

41 minutes ago, blueskylover said:

551 pages in a few months without even a lead single:candy:

if this album gets delayed on a similar way that nfr did this might become the biggest pre release thread 

We had 3800+ pages for NFR so unless she stretches it out for another year . . . :oic:

3lfQEhw.png

Unless the "letter to the culture" / whichever rant she included the date for COTCC gets deleted, I'm not too worried honestly. Though I wouldn't put it past her to leave that up and not say anything. A plus is that NFR wasn't ever actually announced to be released on march 29th by her if im remembering it correctly, so it hopefully won't be a repeat of that mess with the date just sliding by...

Side note: I hope she doesn't address "the culture" in this album, or at least doesn't use that term (like, a song called "to the culture" or something). Such a weird, clunky, generalising way to word it. 

Just now, takeitdoen said:

We had 3800+ pages for NFR so unless she stretches it out for another year . . . :oic:

Rookie numbers, gotta pump up those rookie numbers

locals only

Is there any chance she will actually suprise release this (I mean, not on september fifth, but on other unexpected and unknown date -maybe her giving us a wrong date was done on purpose, don't know)? I was thinking about the possibility of her dropping the album before the Grammy's deadline (was it august 31?), to give an actual surprise and be able to be grammy nominated too. Dont know if this possibility has been discused here yet!

4 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Is there any chance she will actually suprise release this (I mean, not on september fifth, but on other unexpected and unknown date -maybe her giving us a wrong date was done on purpose, don't know)? I was thinking about the possibility of her dropping the album before the Grammy's deadline (was it august 31?), to give an actual surprise and be able to be grammy nominated too. Dont know if this possibility has been discused here yet!

I think purposefully giving a wrong date so it can be surprise released would be a bit off the wall and not a very popular move - I think people talked about how the date just missing the Grammy deadline is purposeful - NFR was very close to making the deadline, and it makes sense in my head that this is going to be a bit more fuck-you instead of as critic friendly as LFL and NFR (her "letter to the culture" being the result of stewing in critical mistreatment, the letdown at the Grammys etc)

locals only

1 hour ago, Shades of Lame said:

Honestly, I don't know what she wants to do and/or what she can do. :toofunny: Maybe she wanted a surprise release but her label didn't, maybe she gave us the release date because of the Cursed Instagram Post, maybe she had always planned things the way it is now, maybe it's because of the coronavirus, maybe she just doesn't care about promo and hasn't even thought about that in the first place, leaving her poor managers teasing us with a "coming soon" even though they don't know when, where or who. Maybe it never was a surprise/the Sept 5th but she said it because that's the first word/date that came accross her mind.

I get fans can be annoying but she always manages to be clear and unclear at the same time... So yeah, it's working because we're waiting for anything, as you said, but damn, I feel like an idiot rushing to a picture of her personal trainer. :crossed:

Amen!!! Preach!!! 

as you said: I’m tired too to see some random shit posted on her Insta after she posted a snippet and went quiet after that as if nothing had happened. 

this was my reaction to her last posts: giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29fj8ntnfr9f43ryj3cz

As I've said numerous times, I wouldn't be mad if this project was delayed... I would rather just know. Like if it's coming in September, then great! But at least confirm it once more Lana, album cover, single, pre-order, even just an Instagram post with the caption "Chemtrails Over The Country Club / 09.04.20". 

1 hour ago, sjatib said:

after her open letter on instagram im not sure if she cares for the GRAMMYs at all (especially after nfr being robbed)

tenor.gif?itemid=7842076 "don't worry baby"

3 minutes ago, bored said:

As I've said numerous times, I wouldn't be mad if this project was delayed... I would rather just know. Like if it's coming in September, then great! But at least confirm it once more Lana, album cover, single, pre-order, even just an Instagram post with the caption "Chemtrails Over The Country Club / 09.04.20". 

The teasing game if tiring AF, up to the point where I’m not excited at all when she posts. The only silver lining I see : she has to say something in the next two weeks if the project is delayed. I don’t think it is, either next week or on « release week » she will give us the cover, tracklist and a song maybe if Chemtrails is out on Sept 4-5. 

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

The teasing game if tiring AF, up to the point where I’m not excited at all when she posts. The only silver lining I see : she has to say something in the next two weeks if the project is delayed. I don’t think it is, either next week or on « release week » she will give us the cover, tracklist and a song maybe if Chemtrails is out on Sept 4-5. 

The only thing keeping me interested and having hope is Ben confirming new music was coming, and her website saying the album will be released in 2020. As for Lana, I don't trust her at all haha

1 hour ago, WilshireBoulevard said:

Unless the "letter to the culture" / whichever rant she included the date for COTCC gets deleted, I'm not too worried honestly. Though I wouldn't put it past her to leave that up and not say anything. A plus is that NFR wasn't ever actually announced to be released on march 29th by her if im remembering it correctly, so it hopefully won't be a repeat of that mess with the date just sliding by...

Side note: I hope she doesn't address "the culture" in this album, or at least doesn't use that term (like, a song called "to the culture" or something). Such a weird, clunky, generalising way to word it. 

Rookie numbers, gotta pump up those rookie numbers

but she did a video saying Violet was coming Jan 4 and it took another 6 months

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 minutes ago, blueskylover said:

after her open letter on instagram im not sure if she cares for the GRAMMYs at all (especially after nfr being robbed)

I was kinda « relieved » when NFR didn’t the AOTY Grammy. Who I have wanted her to win? Sure, I mean, I wish success to the people I love, but her not winning puts her now in the category of Grammy snubs, which sometimes pass the test of time better than actual winners. 
plus she could go back to Chemtrails without any pressure of any kind to « be as good as Norman ». I don’t know Billie that’s much, but her next album will be greatly expected and scrutinized by everyone. 

2 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

but she did a video saying Violet was coming Jan 4 and it took another 6 months

Violet was different. It wasn’t even a project where Interscope was involved at first. Plus there was the robbery. And mostly, I think she must have signed her book deal at that time. On Jan 4, the project was just still hers but after that, with everyone involved, it took time and coordination, which means delays. 

Idk why yall still doubtful about the album. She literally said in august 2019 that its coming out in the next 13 months. That means that *most* of the album was done in 2019 since she already knew the date it would drop

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if she chose to delay the album to add more songs. Remember how she said NFR was ready when she dropped MAC/VB in 2018? She recorded Doin Time, Fuck It I Love You and Hope all in 2019 and that caused her to delay it to summer. So yea maybe summer 2021 if it’s not coming September 4th? I really can’t see her dropping an album during winter time :/

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

Idk why yall still doubtful about the album. She literally said in august 2019 that its coming out in the next 13 months. That means that *most* of the album was done in 2019 since she already knew the date it would drop

Hummm didn’t she say, at that time, that she had only written parts of it? And a couple of weeks later, weren’t there like only three songs recorded? 
It’s exactly like when she said « top of the year » (2019) for Norman. At the beginning of the project, she underestimates the time needed to get shit done. Plus her writing process, pré -Corona, was very casual with Jack (he flies to LA, they hang out, talk, sometimes write and record). 
the only way that 12-13 month period could come through with a complete album is because of the pandemic that cancelled all of her tour and festival gigs. 

4 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if she chose to delay the album to add more songs. Remember how she said NFR was ready when she dropped MAC/VB in 2018? She recorded Doin Time, Fuck It I Love You and Hope all in 2019 and that caused her to delay it to summer. So yea maybe summer 2021 if it’s not coming September 4th? I really can’t see her dropping an album during winter time :/

She never said the album was done when she dropped MAC and VB. She expected it to be done by December and put it out top of the year (2019). Doin Time wasn’t supposed to be on NFR, but included it because she thought after all that it fit the sound of the record. Hope was probably already recorded, and Fuck It is the last song recorded for Norman.