Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

Hummm didn’t she say, at that time, that she had only written parts of it? And a couple of weeks later, weren’t there like only three songs recorded? 
It’s exactly like when she said « top of the year » (2019) for Norman. At the beginning of the project, she underestimates the time needed to get shit done. Plus her writing process, pré -Corona, was very casual with Jack (he flies to LA, they hang out, talk, sometimes write and record). 
the only way that 12-13 month period could come through with a complete album is because of the pandemic that cancelled all of her tour and festival gigs. 

But w Norman she didnt confirm the "top of the year" date. And for Chemtrails we got confirmation on Culture question, Bens insta and her website. Im sure the suprise release is still happening

Just now, Lustformoney said:

But w Norman she didnt confirm the "top of the year" date. And for Chemtrails we got confirmation on Culture question, Bens insta and her website. Im sure the suprise release is still happening

I agree with you that the « top of the year » was pretty vague (and we all jumped on board that March 29 supposed release though nobody confirmed it mostly because it was « top of the year) and that Chemtrails’s date is very precise, which pretty much always comes through. This is one of the few reasons that lead me to believe its coming on Sept 5, with Ben’s post and what her website is saying when you Google it. 

5 minutes ago, GroupieLove said:

should i just have my meltdown about the inevitable delay now and move on with my life or wait till september 5th?

It’s still possible it’s coming on sept 5.
We just have no fucking clue as of what her strategy is, if she’ll confirm anything before the release. I think she’ll have to give us a tiny smidge of something to keep us hooked until then. 
if there’s a delay, she’ll have to rectify and give us any kind of info around Sept 5, which is not a bad thing at all. We don’t have like an indefinite time to wait for possible news, we know we’ll get « something » two weeks from now max. It’s not that bad. 

Yeah, it was clear that they were still in the creative process of NFR, when she dropped Mariners Apartment Complex and Venice Bitch. Like many have said it was to distract from her controversial comments at the time. But, she estimated that the album would be coming out early 2019, which then became August. Same as the release for hope..., she teased a song to be released in October 2018 which was personal and had a special sentiment etc. Which we have speculated to be hope..., yet it wasn't officially released til January 2019 (and even then the release date she gave was incorrect haha).

So her saying the album was coming within the next 13 months (back in September) doesn't necessarily mean it would. Also, her September 5th comment should'nt be taken as fact because a lot of the time, it seems like misjudged estimations by her.

As for Violet... I know she had the robbery etc. but originally it was gonna come out before NFR in 2018, then with NFR in 2019, then January 4th 2020... Finally we have it, but again it proves that Lana's confirmation of dates aren't always the ones to believe. I'm holding on, cos Ben confirmed music is coming soon and her website states the album is coming in 2020; both of which are more reliable sources.

Imagine she is really releasing Sep 5, -which is a Saturday, and most albums get released Friday-

Just to as a little way of proving how much she doesn't care, because it will mean her 1st week sales are split across 2 separate weeks, so she'll get like a debut out of the top 10

tenor.gif?itemid=9848335

3 minutes ago, TheHardestWhite said:

Imagine she is really releasing Sep 5, -which is a Saturday, and most albums get released Friday-

Just to as a little way of proving how much she doesn't care, because it will mean her 1st week sales are split across 2 separate weeks, so she'll get like a debut out of the top 10

It’ll only miss the final day of sales so she’ll probably still have a good debut. It would be worse if she released on Thursday and lost her entire first day sales which would result in a low debut. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat