Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

She looks gorgeous! And Patent Leather Do-Over is just another reminder of how brilliant her mind is :flutter: and how she has a way of manipulating the written word to express beautiful ideas. 

That reminder of her writing and her gift can remind us that no matter how long we have to wait for Chemtrails, the music and the generosity of spirit of Lana is what we’re all here for - and why it’s worth it. <3 :) 

I hate being blatently reminded that she probably has promotion contracts with her publisher. Oh so subtle, boredly and forcefully reading a poem that'll be the... Second? Third? Time it's on her ig within the space of a few months. Nothing about COTCC. But whatever. It's scrapped until proven breathing. 

locals only

Even though it's delusional, I'm still going to hold onto hope that the album is coming early Sept, because that sounds more fun than being sad about a delay. Then, when it doesn't come, at least I was aware of the delusional so hopefully I won't be too disappointed. :diva:

I still think the album is coming on the 4th/5th. It’s a long post, but it’s worth it. Here’s why; 

a) She never posts this frequently - she’s been posting on average  4-5 times a week since the beginning of this month! I can’t recall her ever doing that unless we were close to an album. 

b) Ed said the album isn’t finished. Well, she has to have finished mixing since at least July 25th, according to the ATRL insider, as they said the album is being mastered right now, and we know that an album is mastered by someone else besides Lana, Jack, and Laura (maybe Chris Gehringer, as we’ve all heard about). This could be right up until the last minute, so that the album can only be released digitally in September, and then by December, vinyls will be available. 

c) Ed also could have been just saying that the album isn’t done to avoid any potential leakage as the insiders who claim to have access to the album‘s contents have so far been respectful to Lana in not sharing any actual music and they want to keep it that way. It’s likely that Ben and Ed are keeping quiet about the album because with Love leaking in early 2017, it was due to it being in a lot of people’s hands - I think it was as early as August 2016 (!!) that people had screen caps  from the video, and a trader had the demo the month it was recorded (April 2016). We know how Lana and her managers feel about leaks - they suck - and rightfully so. I could imagine that denying the album being finished is to prevent even having any damage to control.

d) As for that review on the “What’s On” website, it’s not uncommon for some publications to listen to an album before it is available to the general public. The other articles by that author don’t seem as unprofessional/suspicious as the Chemtrails review, but I’m still taking it with a huge grain of salt. It could be that the article was just uploaded early because it was a clerical error or a glitch, but the fact that the article repeatedly calls it “Chemtrails over a country club” leads me to believe otherwise. It does seem strange though, that that article is by the same author who has written otherwise coherent pieces. 

e) If the album was delayed, we would have known by now. This situation is unlike LFL or NFR’s release date confusions, as all those dates came from other sources and the actual

ones were confirmed by Lana herself. For LFL, the May 26th date that was thrown around was disputed by Paris Match Magazine, when it published Lana’s feature with the July 21st date in May 2017. Lana then went to Twitter  to confirm this with the legendary “July 21st fam” tweet. With NFR, the March 29th date came out of a bunch of other sources, and before anyone says Lana is at fault for saying it would be released “at the top of the year,” I wouldn’t hold her accountable for saying something when casually asked by Zane Lowe in a pretty friendly and informal interview. Same with Violet, as Chuck was unfortunately robbed and I’m sure she didn’t anticipate getting a book deal/spoken word deal with Simon & Schuster at the time. With Ultraviolence, even, a paparazzi asked her the date as she was leaving the club (LOL), and she said May 1st, but then later confirmed on social media that it could come in June. The June 13/17th dates, July 21st, and August 30th dates came from her social media - much like the September 5th date did. If it’s in a written record where she is announcing things unprovoked (unlike a casual interview or being asked on the spot etc.) then I think that gives her the accountability that was/is missing when she’s asked by others and responds pretty casually. This was a different situation all-around! :)

Just my two cents; even if the album doesn’t come in September, then, oh well :) but I have hope - and I hope this gave you some too! 

I know we are all frustrated and anxious with this release and every time she posts something not related to COTCC is anti-climatic, but this last post made me feel better. We know that being a poet is something she wanted for a long time! I didn’t know what to expect from Violet since she has been posting some poems on ig for a while, also English is not my first language and I’m not from the US so sometimes it’s hard to understand her references;  but still, the first time I listened to “LA Who Am I To Love you” I cried spontaneously, just like the first time I listened to California. My point is, she recently released her first poetry book, the hardcover version will only be available by the end of September, even if there’s a little delay, we are getting COTCC way sooner than anyone expected (before she started talking about it). I’m just happy for her, if she’s happy I’m happy and I really think the music will be worth the wait.

Pp5b5s3.jpg?1

23 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I still think the album is coming on the 4th/5th. It’s a long post, but it’s worth it. Here’s why; 

a) She never posts this frequently - she’s been posting on average  4-5 times a week since the beginning of this month! I can’t recall her ever doing that unless we were close to an album. 

b) Ed said the album isn’t finished. Well, she has to have finished mixing since at least July 25th, according to the ATRL insider, as they said the album is being mastered right now, and we know that an album is mastered by someone else besides Lana, Jack, and Laura (maybe Chris Gehringer, as we’ve all heard about). This could be right up until the last minute, so that the album can only be released digitally in September, and then by December, vinyls will be available. 

c) Ed also could have been just saying that the album isn’t done to avoid any potential leakage as the insiders who claim to have access to the album‘s contents have so far been respectful to Lana in not sharing any actual music and they want to keep it that way. It’s likely that Ben and Ed are keeping quiet about the album because with Love leaking in early 2017, it was due to it being in a lot of people’s hands - I think it was as early as August 2016 (!!) that people had screen caps  from the video, and a trader had the demo the month it was recorded (April 2016). We know how Lana and her managers feel about leaks - they suck - and rightfully so. I could imagine that denying the album being finished is to prevent even having any damage to control.

d) As for that review on the “What’s On” website, it’s not uncommon for some publications to listen to an album before it is available to the general public. The other articles by that author don’t seem as unprofessional/suspicious as the Chemtrails review, but I’m still taking it with a huge grain of salt. It could be that the article was just uploaded early because it was a clerical error or a glitch, but the fact that the article repeatedly calls it “Chemtrails over a country club” leads me to believe otherwise. It does seem strange though, that that article is by the same author who has written otherwise coherent pieces. 

e) If the album was delayed, we would have known by now. This situation is unlike LFL or NFR’s release date confusions, as all those dates came from other sources and the actual

ones were confirmed by Lana herself. For LFL, the May 26th date that was thrown around was disputed by Paris Match Magazine, when it published Lana’s feature with the July 21st date in May 2017. Lana then went to Twitter  to confirm this with the legendary “July 21st fam” tweet. With NFR, the March 29th date came out of a bunch of other sources, and before anyone says Lana is at fault for saying it would be released “at the top of the year,” I wouldn’t hold her accountable for saying something when casually asked by Zane Lowe in a pretty friendly and informal interview. Same with Violet, as Chuck was unfortunately robbed and I’m sure she didn’t anticipate getting a book deal/spoken word deal with Simon & Schuster at the time. The July 21st and August 30th dates came from her social media - much like the September 5th date did. If it’s in a written record where she is announcing things unprovoked (unlike a casual interview etc.) then I think that gives her the accountability that was/is missing when she’s asked by others and responds pretty casually. This was a different situation all-around! :)

Just my two cents; even if the album doesn’t come in September, then, oh well :) but I have hope - and I hope this gave you some too! 

I feel the same too, idk I dont believe what Ed said. I'd want Ben to say it to confirm it more. Anyways I guess we will see what happens 

are the screenshots of Ed saying it’s not finished even real/true? who has the receipts bc i haven’t even seen it and i’m confused i came here from twitter and needed confirmation

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Something else that should be considered from that What's On site - the other 2 albums reviewed alongside Lana's are out September 25. I looked up their release dates. So maybe it was always supposed to be Friday the 25th, and not Saturday the 5th...

12 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

are the screenshots of Ed saying it’s not finished even real/true? who has the receipts bc i haven’t even seen it and i’m confused i came here from twitter and needed confirmation

4 minutes ago, Ecneicsnoc said:

Something else that should be considered from that What's On site - the other 2 albums reviewed alongside Lana's are out September 25. I looked up their release dates. So maybe it was always supposed to be Friday the 25th, and not Saturday the 5th...

Oh that's definitely interesting! Could be that she made a typo and just missed the 2 in 25 and just figured that the mistake would be corrected when she formally announced it!