Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

6 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

um guys remember when we found that Chemtrails review on WhatsOn? I texted the reviewer back then and he responded now. He said he works for press so he gets advance copies sent to him. When i told him about eds response, he said its not unusual for albums to be still tweaked till the release date and its really odd that the review was taken down. Idk, i would take that with a grain of salt.

tenor.gif?itemid=9514050

Just now, Tulsa Jesus Freak said:

Or like any other track name lol

I thought about this but he could say that he can't name tracks due to some sort of NDA :smokes3:

Lanarat.png

Just now, Lustformoney said:

I wanna ask so many questions but i dont wanna scare him off lmao

What’s a question that he would have to be able to answer - and can’t hide behind saying he’s not allowed to answer etc 

why would her team send the album to some third rate reviews website and not a bigger site/publication like pitchfork, stereogum, etc? and the review is so vague it could apply to any pop record. 

Just now, Tulsa Jesus Freak said:

What’s a question that he would have to be able to answer - and can’t hide behind saying he’s not allowed to answer etc 

Maybe something like “how long is the longest/shortest song on the album?”

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Just now, lemonadetan said:

why would she send the album to some third rate reviews website and not a bigger site/publication like pitchfork, stereogum, etc? and the review is so vague it could apply to any pop record. 

Yeah and also when it was “unfinished” LOL

12 minutes ago, Tulsa Jesus Freak said:

Well, we could make up a track name and tell him we know it cause she confirmed it and ask him if it's good... something like "Just please tell us if Driving in tractors with Chimpanzees is good, Lana said it's her fave song from COCC"

Lanarat.png

Just now, Fart Deco said:

Well, we could make up a track name and tell him we know it cause she confirmed it and ask him if its good... something like "Just please tell us if Shanice the Tractor Chimp is good, Lana said it's her fave song from COCC"

:rollin:watch that be a real track name now

5 minutes ago, Tulsa Jesus Freak said:

Just me or does that sound like a massive lie? Why would reviewers get unfinished albums? Like ever ?

Well, that’s actually possible. Reminds of when a reviewer got an "unfinished" copy of Alanis Morissette’s new album back in April. The album was technically finished at the time, but Alanis kept working on it for a few weeks after the og release date got delayed. So it’s possible that reviewers got a copy of COTCC, even though it wasn’t completely done yet (could just be about the mixing)

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Just now, FallingCherry said:

Well, that’s actually possible. Reminds of when a reviewer got an "unfinished" copy of Alanis Morissette’s new album back in April. The album was technically finished at the time, but Alanis kept working on it for a few weeks after the og release date got delayed. So it’s possible that reviewers got a copy of COTCC, even though it wasn’t completely done yet (could just be about the mixing)

Oh wow, didn’t know stuff like that happened. Interesting. Nonetheless do we believe that this random reviewer got a copy as if Lana’s team was so desperate for a review from him that they couldn’t wait until it was finished ?

2 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

Well, we could make up a track name and tell him we know it cause she confirmed it and ask him if its good... something like "Just please tell us if Driving in tractors with Chimpanzees is good, Lana said it's her fave song from COCC"

@Lustformoney please do ask that lmao

5 minutes ago, lemonadetan said:

why would her team send the album to some third rate reviews website and not a bigger site/publication like pitchfork, stereogum, etc? and the review is so vague it could apply to any pop record. 

Not saying that this is real by any means, but I think the difference is those sites would be professional enough to not accidentally post their review early