Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

34 minutes ago, gatadelrey said:

I feel like this album might have some controversial/misunderstood aspects like her question for the culture Instagram post and maybe she doesn’t want to deal with the backlash more than once so she is going to release everything all at one time. She did say there would be “tinges of what I’ve been pondering in the upcoming album” during that very post. Chemtrails over the Country Club reminds me of toxins within the community like poisoned rich people at the country club or something. I’m not sure if that makes sense, but it seems like she is coming for the culture and it might not be perceived well amongst her peers. I don’t think she is going to hold back anymore and I love that. She seems very free now and I think it’s important to give her the space to create the album she wants to create. I’ll definitely be a little upset if nothing comes within the next week, but I understand that she’s perfecting the album and the visuals. She is coming and I think it’s going to be epic. 

It's interesting you see it that way, because I saw, and still see, NFR in exactly the opposite way---for the most part, as a weak, almost content-free capitulation to Woke culture, and Woke culture responded, for the most part, in the affirmative. Tracks like 'CA,' 'LS,' CG,' 'FIILY' and 'HIAB' are, for me, among her worst and laziest songs. Those are tracks she could compose in her sleep. 

I don't know what's coming next, with COCC, but I'm not expecting her to not be "holding back" after NFR.

As I see it, she was't 'holding back' on earlier songs like 'BTD,' 'Cola,' 'Gods & Monsters,' 'West Coast,' 'Old Money,' '13 Beaches,' 'Heroin' and many of her unreleased songs from 2012 on.  

3 minutes ago, TheHardestWhite said:

TASTE AS USUAL!

I remember i bookmarked the nfr pre release thread on page like 214 or something and the top comment was Rorman dragging the "be stronger" snippet...

The snippet that ended up being the CLASSIC that is california:noparty:

ITS A CLASSIC, ITS DELICIOUS, ITS ONE OF HER BEST SONGS

I DONT GET HOW PEOPLE CAN HATE CALIFORNIA ESPECIALLY BASED ON SNIPPETS. 

I remember when all the official snippets leaked and the one that ATTRACTED me straight away was California/Be Stronger. It had this nostalgic lost love kind of vibe, sad but reminiscent vibe to the song and I mf LOVED IT SO MUCH.

Now everyone drags the song so much I'm just like damn yall really are tasteless that's okay yall can go now 

9 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

Not you guys all quoting him when I blocked him so I wouldn't have to read all this bullshit ever again :sadcore:

give us the tea sis what other stuff has Jay Jay said

Just now, Cacciatore said:

California was my least favorite track from NFR upon release, but the song really grew on me and now it's one of my favorites :mariah:

we stan growth

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

How is Lana not versatile? Each album is pretty different while maintaining her Lana Del Rey essence 

I agree, I think she's extremely versatile. Recent diverse leaks like 'Serene Queen,' 'I Talk to Jesus,' and ''Living Legend' prove to me she can do almost anything. 

Of older material, look at the difference, for example, between 'Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight' and 'Heroin.' 

24 minutes ago, TheHardestWhite said:

I remember ya'll hating on the California snippet and then praised it as the best song on the album upon release...

Snippets mean NOTHING, the snippet we got isn't even a chorus-

FWIW, I remember listening to the 'Groupie Love' snippet, it had this sorta dark, mysterious and intriguing vibe. But then I ended up hating the final song. Not saying it has anything to do with how I feel about the 'TJF' snippet. But I find that snippets are a double-edged sword. 

9 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

Btw I assume it is possible with very good preparation and professionals only

We lost

well 69 filmed his music video in the morning and uploaded it edited in the afternoon XD

Mmeow~

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I agree, I think she's extremely versatile. Recent diverse leaks like 'Serene Queen,' 'I Talk to Jesus,' and ''Living Legend' prove to me she can do almost anything. 

Of older material, look at the difference, for example, between 'Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight' and 'Heroin.' 

I agree, I was listening to BTD yesterday after ages and she changed so much... not only her musical style but the way she sings too. And if you look back at Honeymoon and then at NFR for example there's a drastic change too. That's what I love so much about Lana, she's willing to change it up and experiment different things but she has a very clear vision of who she is as an artist so her essence is always there.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

5 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

I agree, I was listening to BTD yesterday after ages and she changed so much... not only her musical style but the way she sings too. And if you look back at Honeymoon and then at NFR for example there's a drastic change too. That's what I love so much about Lana, she's willing to change it up and experiment different things but she has a very clear vision of who she is as an artist so her essence is always there.

Full agree again. The general level of excellence from album to album is very high, for me, far higher than I find with most other contemporary artists. I didn't care for most of NFR, but the recent leaks, including 'Thunder' too, have revitalized my faith in her creative brilliance. 

And even considering artists of the past, like Stevie Nicks and Kate Bush, both produced a lot of great songs, but also a lot of creative failures and 'schlock,' especially Nicks.