Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

4 minutes ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

So let’s reassess the situation. We have

- White Dress, acoustic pop/folk

- Chemtrails, pop

- TJF, pop/dream pop

- LMLYLAW, acoustic flop pop

- WAH, acoustic pop/folk

- DBJAG, country/electro trip hop (maybe similar to WTWWAW)

- NAWWAL, acoustic pop/folk

- Yosemite, acoustic pop/folk

- BUS, country pop

- DTWD, acoustic pop/folk

- For Free, folk

?? Mess For Life 2.0 confirmed 

The Portishead sound route is interesting but I mean not in the context of a folk record ma’am? What is this mess? ??

How about listening to the actual record first and then "review" it. :pft:

4 minutes ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

- Chemtrails, pop

- TJF, pop/dream pop

- WAH, acoustic pop/folk

- BUS, country pop

- For Free, folk

The Portishead sound route is interesting but I mean not in the context of a pop folk record ma’am? What is this mess? ??

gorl wha-

source.gif

2 minutes ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

- Chemtrails, pop

- TJF, pop/dream pop

- WAH, acoustic pop/folk

- BUS, country pop

- For Free, folk

The Portishead sound route is interesting but I mean not in the context of a pop folk record ma’am? What is this mess? ??

Chemtrails is pop. Pop is a very wide genre. Chemtrails is definitely a pop, perhaps acoustic pop track. 

1 minute ago, God&Monster said:

How about listening to the actual record first and then "review" it. :pft:

True - but this is just confirming what I had thought it was going to be from the beginning. Lana said it herself this was going to be an “eclectic” record aka a mess (for me) because I don’t enjoy records going in multiple directions and I prefer one defined sound for a record. 

3 minutes ago, new gods said:

so she thinks she sounds bad on the chorus on WD cause she’s gonna be mimicking her lizzy voice probably :trisha:

I know it’s gonna be her best song I can feel it

1 hour ago, Thunder Corpse said:
  • She talks about a cover album full of country songs (she namedrops Bobby Gentry, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline and Wynette, although it's not said whether she actually covered them) and one with folk songs
  • "Dark But Just A Game" is sonically compared to Portishead and Ricky Nelson's "Garden Party". 

FOLK ALBUM :defeated:COUNTRY ALBUM :defeated:PATSY CLINE :defeated:GARDEN PARTY :defeated: COCC COMING TO BE HER BEST ALBERM NAURRRRRRR

8V7Yvel.png

17 hours ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

target just charged me for the lana cd when i pre-ordered in january.. will i be the next cassette girl?! :umadney:

Just got charged for my vinyl as well. May the best delivery man win... :umadney:

8V7Yvel.png

she said it’s a “fight” to listen to chemtrails which i think is due to how vulnerable the record will be. she scrapped malibu from LFL cause she had “said too much” in it, i think she has a hard time being revealing about her personal life in her music and that’s why she’s a bit uncertain about this album because it’s so vulnerable and it’ll be a side of her we haven’t heard in her music before

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 minute ago, new gods said:

she said it’s a “fight” to listen to chemtrails which i think is due to how vulnerable the record will be. she scrapped malibu from LFL cause she had “said too much” in it. i think she has a hard time being revealing about her personal life in her music and that’s why she’s a bit uncertain about this album because it’s so vulnerable and it’ll be a side of her we haven’t seen in her music so far 

Wait Malibu? Is this another unreleased track? Legitimately have never heard of this one 

3 minutes ago, conceptart47 said:

Wait Malibu? Is this another unreleased track? Legitimately have never heard of this one 

malibu was the first version of get free before she scrapped it because it was too personal, she said it was about revealing her experiences over the last 6 years.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

8 minutes ago, new gods said:

she said it’s a “fight” to listen to chemtrails which i think is due to how vulnerable the record will be. she scrapped malibu from LFL cause she had “said too much” in it, i think she has a hard time being revealing about her personal life in her music and that’s why she’s a bit uncertain about this album because it’s so vulnerable and it’ll be a side of her we haven’t heard in her music before

Agree. I think it will be a lot more about specific experiences in fame and her youth rather than general songs that could apply to a variety of different exes

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

Agree. I think it will be a lot more about specific experiences in fame and her youth rather than general songs that could apply to a variety of different exes

I love that Chemtrails seems to be not only about love and men. And I have the feeling it won't be like when she tried to widen her scope in Lust For Life.