Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

No collabs except for The weeknd n rocky

Future would fit her well on the darker or sadder songs. I could have imagined him on songs like 13 Beaches, Heroin, BPBP(the demo) and those types of song or some of the Ultraviolence songs.

Even Lana, The Weeknd and Future together would be a nice fit for a sad or darker song.

this collab would def be a right.

because:

a) Billie is the voice of her generation, just like Lana is the voice of ours.

b) Melanie is mad talented. Her music is great and she even made a whole ass movie.

I think that's why anyone would want it. I know that's why I want it.

Honey, Lana is the voice of this generation still... A collab with Billie would be desperate like Madonna feat every hot artist out there.

And Lana doesn't need it.

To be totally honest... I don't like the collabs at all! he's free of doing all she wants, but the worst songs of Lust for Life are the collabs.

I listened to Lust for Life demo and then one of that Stevie Nicks song, and they're amazing... The final versions are super cheesy!

The only collab I lovee a lot is "Ridin'" with ASAP rocky, that's it! For this new album I will love a collab with an artist who has spirit like Alex Turner, The Neighbourhood, Cigarettes After Sex.

Still waiting for some news maybe at the end of July? :S

A collab with Billie would be desperate like Madonna feat every hot artist out there.

this. lana has nothing in common with billie, marina, lorde etc other than being vaguely considered indie pop, but their styles and messages are different, and their singing style is too similar it would be weird for them to be together. in terms of messaging it feels like she has more in common with asap rocky than billie 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

If COCC isn't her post apocalyptic album then what's the point? I want The Greatest and Bartender MV levels of chaos. I want a concept about the world ending around these people and they not caring at all. It is time, Lana!

well said

the title "chemtrails over the country club" to me brings about images of glamorous people being completely oblivious to their impending doom. like, i just see rich white girls in hollywood facing death from above. and not even realizing it. 

which is extra interesting because vapid white girls chasing love and luxury was kind of her whole brand, especially at the beginning of her career. so it's almost like she's deconstructing the archetype she created for herself.

This is perfect  :defeated:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I’d love for Lana to eventually collab with Brian Wilson or even just for him to produce a song/album for her. They were supposed to work on a song together a few years ago but there was scheduling issues and he seemed really bummed about it, so maybe there’s still hope.

While we're into possibilities happening in (happier) parallel universes:

Rufus Wainwright once said in an interview (not far from BTD era) he was interested in (or was doing?) a collabo with her. It never panned out obviously. Also Lana once tweeted to Tyler the Creator "Your number 1" or something like that and he took it as an invitation to collaborate (which he was open to). Either or both at the same time would be a fine challenge for her.

Future would fit her well on the darker or sadder songs. I could have imagined him on songs like 13 Beaches, Heroin, BPBP(the demo) and those types of song or some of the Ultraviolence songs.

Even Lana, The Weeknd and Future together would be a nice fit for a sad or darker song.

I could see Future and Lana working well together, but she would need to go into his world, because he would probably not be capable of coming into her world. He sometimes shows versatility on his own songs, but whenever he gives a guest verse he just raps a few lazy lines about doing drugs and having sex and he usually feels completely disjointed from the rest of the song unless he is working with one of his friends like Young Thug. Future wouldn't treat it as a duet or a creative collaboration, he would just treat it as a guest verse. If Future were to fit into any of Lana's records, I would actually say it would be Honeymoon. Some of those deep slow jams where Lana lets her songwriting wander recalls the slower and more tranquilized sounding Future songs where he sings more than he raps, specifically on the album HNDRXX. I could see him on Art Deco.

im actually glad we've had no news about the album. the silence only makes me anticipate it more. i know no one believes it's coming in September, but i really have faith in her, to be honest. she usually doesn't announce a set date unless it's set in stone. I'm hoping for an album full of poetic lyrics and beautiful instrumentation. not knowing what we're getting into makes it all the more exciting. what made NFR an underwhelming first listen (for me, at least) is that we were bombarded with snippets and teasers over the course of a whole year. i feel like with her previous albums, they all had stronger first listens because they were (a bit) more ambiguous. this is her most ambiguous pre-release method i think she's ever taken, and that excites me so much.

giphy.gif

i don't think the cover album will have the chemtrails over country club image, it may be just her in a car driving or inside a car, or her in a plane, 

while the back of the cover where she puts the tracklist will countain a country club image with chemtrails over it

like maybe she is leaving the life of the rich/upper class society?

"my rose garden dreams, set on fire by fiends"

Every collab she has ever done has been terrible please no more

Barrie is the exception but we know she isn't about to collab with her ex

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

dfedbb9c3552b7b69ee0b2cf9916189d2e7b9048

i just made this quickly, this is how i want the cover to look/ could look

it is inspired by the vibes of her insta in the last couple months, that beach selfie and the whole patent leather do-over vibes

the album would be a bomb if the songs are something like flipside and wait for life..

"my rose garden dreams, set on fire by fiends"

if she did a sufjan or cigarettes after sex collab I would lose it... lit rally lose it.

This would fucking kill me, their production creates the most euphoric atmosphere its beautiful as hell.

giphy.gif

dfedbb9c3552b7b69ee0b2cf9916189d2e7b9048

i just made this quickly, this is how i want the cover to look/ could look

it is inspired by the vibes of her insta in the last couple months, that beach selfie and the whole patent leather do-over vibes

the album would be a bomb if the songs are something like flipside and wait for life..

Is the original photo of Marilyn Monroe?

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.