Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I might be naive, but I think she actually will release it in September. Didn’t she say right before the release of NFR that she would probably surprise drop a new record in 14 months? It fits with the time frame. I don’t know how it’s a surprise when she has already revealed the date, but the surprise might be that we get no snippets or singles before and maybe she drops it a day before (September 4th) since it makes better sense that the album is out on a Friday.

I might be naive, but I think she actually will release it in September. Didn’t she say right before the release of NFR that she would probably surprise drop a new record in 14 months? It fits with the time frame. I don’t know how it’s a surprise when she has already revealed the date, but the surprise might be that we get no snippets or singles before and maybe she drops it a day before (September 4th) since it makes better sense that the album is out on a Friday.

It does have a pretty good chance of coming out Sept 4-5 since she gave us a very precise date in May, and it usually checks out when she does that. 

However, I must say that I didn't believe her at first, when she first mentioned the project the day NFR was released. She is shit at estimating the time required for a project. The only other time she kept her word about a timeline was with HM: other than that, it took longer and sometimes, WAY longer for the project to be completed. Honestly, if we do get COCC on time, It'll probably be because she kept writing and recording during quarantine, which cleared the rest of her schedule to do just that. 

It would be nice if COTCC had 11 tracks. I love 11 tracks albums, they’re not too long, and usually really cohesive when they’re produced by someone good and when the artists themselves are talented (Lorde with Melodrama, Weyes Blood with Titanic Rising, which is even shorter). I’m also scared about getting overwhelmed by everything Lana puts out if the album is long. We’re getting a 14 tracks record of poetry next week, we only got NFR a year ago, it would maybe be a bit too much if Chemtrails has more than, let’s say, 12 or 13 tracks.

I still listen to NFR on a daily basis, and I want to be able to fully appreciate the poetry and the new record without feeling like Lana is giving us too much at once.

Considering that it truly was a short period of time writing and recording that album, I think the chances of having a shorter record are good, to be honest. And I wouldn't be mad, with NFR being just one year old, plus two poetry books on the way. 

let us have a picture/video on a tennis court

i'm manifesting y'all  :legend:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Lana can have lyrics that are actually quite angry or are insulting someone (an ex, usually) but she sounds so chill about it...for example, sweetly singing "if you were me, and I was you, I'd get out of my way" or (my fave) "you can be a bad mofo but that don't make you a man." So, I don't think the album will sound angry, like thrash metal or anything ( :teehee: ) but the lyrics may deal with the issues she's been talking about, like slut-shaming, in a direct way.

Ice queen putting the world on blast, love it.   :lanasrs:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

With touring being out of the question - record labels like Interscope need to make money somehow. Lana is one of their most profitable artist and she has an album ready. They will do whatever it takes to release it the sooner they can (the source code for pre-order is already up on her shop website).

I wouldn't even be surprised if they try to make her record another one for next year to be honest.

Lana can have lyrics that are actually quite angry or are insulting someone (an ex, usually) but she sounds so chill about it...for example, sweetly singing "if you were me, and I was you, I'd get out of my way" or (my fave) "you can be a bad mofo but that don't make you a man." So, I don't think the album will sound angry, like thrash metal or anything ( :teehee: ) but the lyrics may deal with the issues she's been talking about, like slut-shaming, in a direct way.

Ice queen putting the world on blast, love it. :lanasrs:

I think her best quiet diss lyric is “why wait for the best when I could have you” - that is such a petty thing to say to someone like I would legit get depressed if someone said that to me lol

With touring being out of the question - record labels like Interscope need to make money somehow. Lana is one of their most profitable artist and she has an album ready. They will do whatever it takes to release it the sooner they can (the source code for pre-order is already up on her shop website).

I wouldn't even be surprised if they try to make her record another one for next year to be honest.

ehh interscope has so many new artists lana is barely on the frontline of the label and they hardly prioritize her (which isn't a bad thing cause she doesnt seem to care) she's mentioned many times that she'll put out as many albums as she pleases whenever she wants which is quite incredible. most artists will put out a record every 2 or even 3 years with big labels but she hasn't stopped writing since UV. it seems like if she was a cash cow for interscope then they'd promote the shit out of her which is clearly not prevalent

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Translation anyone? My high school German is not up to that!

Also guess this cover is fanart?

Literally nothing new:

"Lana Del Rey's seventh studio album "Chemtrails Over The Country Club" is coming out October 5th. Previously there had already been heated discussions over the lyrics"

not going to listen to a single Lana song till we have the album. i want my ears to be as open to the experience as possible if that makes sense. idk i just wanna be able to be really surprised when i hear her voice again.

giphy.gif

The thing is--there's no reason to push the album release because of COVID because when she released NFR in normal times she barely toured for it (in comparison with other artists). She can sell out arenas whether or not she has a new album and vice versa--one is not dependent on the other.

I think her best quiet diss lyric is “why wait for the best when I could have you” - that is such a petty thing to say to someone like I would legit get depressed if someone said that to me lol

I always thought it's meant in an endearing way. I mean of course it's an insult but I thought it meant even though he objectively isn't good, she loves all his faults and she can't help but have those feelings for him even though she knows it's not good for her. Subjectively, she prefers him despite his flaws.

I always thought it's meant in an endearing way. I mean of course it's an insult but I thought it meant even though he objectively isn't good, she loves all his faults and she can't help but have those feelings for him even though she knows it's not good for her. Subjectively, she prefers him despite his flaws.

Queen of backhanded compliments  :hooker:

Joy Magazine August 2020

Albums September 2020

am I the only one who thinks this cover would kind of be a serve

I checked it! It's fanart straight from Lanaboards its self!

omg can u link pls??

UbsOye5.png