Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Kind of worried for this album, but the title gives off a more acoustic vibe, at least to me. Anxiously excited.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I’m wondering if the source code in her website that says COTCC can be pre-ordered means that the pre-order is coming first week of August. It would make sense considering NFR’s pre-order was about a month before the release.

I’m thinking August 4th would be a plausible date, as it’s exactly one month before the release and is exactly one week after VBBOTG is released in audiobook format, which would give audiences enough time to digest Violet while still maintaining hype around her so the pre-order can garner more attention. And maybe a single to come along with the pre-order too!

Wait, is this true/confirmed?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

the drum machine was definitely the problem with the song not only the sound of it but how offbeat it was with the vocals,

this. my problem with coachella is that it's literally her phone-recorded vocals and then they just added the production over it, when it should've been the other way around.

I don't think of Coachella as at all representative of her work though...she wrote it fast and wanted to share it because it was timely; it probably should have been a single and not on the album. :biblio: I think of Looking for America as the corrective--the idea of Coachella, but done right, both musically and by being a standalone single. 

Since "country club" has nothing to do with "country music" I really doubt the album will sound country. If anything a "country club" makes me think midcentury preppy vibes but kinda fucked up (the "chemtrails" part). So...David Lynch teas, basically.  :flutter:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

i don't know if this has been shared yet but the source code on her store webpage now says "Shop official Lana Del Rey merchandise, including apparel and media from 2019's Norman Fucking Rockwell and her upcoming 2020 album Chemtrails Over the Country Club."

@@California to answer your question! :)

this. my problem with coachella is that it's literally her phone-recorded vocals and then they just added the production over it, when it should've been the other way around.

wait i always thought she rerecorded the vocals in the studio that's insane

I could see the record sounding similar to ‘Andromeda’ by Weyes Blood. It sounds like an extension of California and some of Lana’s folkier tracks melody and rhythm wise but with some surfy guitar riffs, lush strings and a touch of psychedelia. Maybe a bit of country-rock swing without being tacky. It also has a classical feel and composition and I would love for Lana to explore that sound in depth!

I could see the record sounding similar to ‘Andromeda’ by Weyes Blood. It sounds like an extension of California and some of Lana’s folkier tracks melody and rhythm wise but with some surfy guitar riffs, lush strings and a touch of psychedelia. Maybe a bit of country-rock swing without being tacky. It also has a classical feel and composition and I would love for Lana to explore that sound in depth!

I would love something like Andromeda sonically, but with some more classic rock tropes (e.g. Wild Horses, You Can't Get Always Get What You Want; The Rolling Stones) lyric wise. 

I love Weyes Blood, but I find her lyrics a bit confusing lol (maybe I'm just not that bright though) 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I really want it to be lyrically written like the title track from NFR. That song had the most beautiful lyrics and i love it

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I really think it's going to have country vibes; remember she was likely working on this late last year and she was constantly in flannelette and hanging out in Oklahoma in random corn fields, etc

She probably recorded it whilst reclining on hay bale in a barn in Kansas or something

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I think Lana’s takes on super distinct and sometimes super straight ahead or super far-left genres are still true to her form as an artist - while I personally would love if COTCC was a country record, I know a lot of people on here wouldn’t like that but to them I would say not to worry because Lana’s version of a country record wouldn’t be pure country - it would borrow the main elements of country music in order to enhance her sound and brand, as Lana’s music can be classified as a genre of its own.

I would love something like Andromeda sonically, but with some more classic rock tropes (e.g. Wild Horses, You Can't Get Always Get What You Want; The Rolling Stones) lyric wise. 

I love Weyes Blood, but I find her lyrics a bit confusing lol (maybe I'm just not that bright though)

I agree! I could see this record having a certain delivery of narrative similar to what you said.

And don’t put yourself down like that lol, I agree that her lyrics are a bit ambiguous but I think that adds to her charm ;)

Some thoughts;

I wouldn’t worry about anything because I believe this will be another great album from Lana. I don’t think she can release a weak record, even if she tried to. She is just that good. So I for one think this will be a great record.

However I’m not sure the album will drop on September 5. If no single comes out before the end of this month, then maybe we will have to wait until October or November for the album to come out, but it is coming soon. The poetry book and audiobook is also on the agenda so I don’t know how many things at once Lana and her team will want to juggle.

I think this will actually feel like a folk record. Lana will write about the themes she loves, but let’s keep in mind her biggest musical inspirations come from folk music.

“Chemtrails” actually are not real. Airplanes release contrails while flying at high altitudes and when flying at cruising speed. I know a lot about airplanes but I won’t bore any of you with the technical details of jet engines. A handful of people in my family have worked for the airlines so I know about this. There is a conspiracy theory that airplanes release chemtrails as a way of controlling people through dropping these Chemtrails. The issue of Chemtrails is addressed in the recent seasons of The X Files and Stephen King’s The Mist. I think with this title that Lana will be playing on how this society believes things that are not true and how misinformation and conspiracy theories spread of social media. I think she will continue to reflect on these issues of contemporary American life.

When we see how Lana is back to her natural hair color and considering “Looking for America” (a folk song) I think this is going to be a folk record. In recent photos Lana is simply dressed. This record will likely be more stripped down. Considering that Jack Antonoff just produced a Country record for The Chicks, it won’t be a stretch to see Lana going full on folk music with Jack. This record could be very Crosby Still and Nash inspired.

Anyway this is my take. We shall see how this turns out.

The only reason she tiptoed with country is because NFR was very much inspired by 60s-70s Laurel Canyon, and a lot of musicians of this era were into folk-country. Jack and her ditched the country songs for NFR. COCC will probably have its own sound, but I think Country wont be part of it? I still go back to that From Here to Eternity clip, and COCC could very much be in that vein (or I’m just projecting my hopes on it too much).

The only reason she tiptoed with country is because NFR was very much inspired by 60s-70s Laurel Canyon, and a lot of musicians of this era were into folk-country. Jack and her ditched the country songs for NFR. COCC will probably have its own sound, but I think Country wont be part of it? I still go back to that From Here to Eternity clip, and COCC could very much be in that vein (or I’m just projecting my hopes on it too much).

link to the from here to eternity? what is that?

also side note, I think it'll sound somewhat like the instrumentals on the audiobook

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

link to the from here to eternity? what is that?

also side note, I think it'll sound somewhat like the instrumentals on the audiobook

It’s the black and white clip she posted of that old Hollywood movie.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAivdZqpfrx/?igshid=11q2e41122xuc

I’d be down with the instrumentals we heard from the audiobook, as long as it sounds like a real song.

Some thoughts;

I wouldn’t worry about anything because I believe this will be another great album from Lana. I don’t think she can release a weak record, even if she tried to. She is just that good. So I for one think this will be a great record.

However I’m not sure the album will drop on September 5. If no single comes out before the end of this month, then maybe we will have to wait until October or November for the album to come out, but it is coming soon. The poetry book and audiobook is also on the agenda so I don’t know how many things at once Lana and her team will want to juggle.

I think this will actually feel like a folk record. Lana will write about the themes she loves, but let’s keep in mind her biggest musical inspirations come from folk music.

“Chemtrails” actually are not real. Airplanes release contrails while flying at high altitudes and when flying at cruising speed. I know a lot about airplanes but I won’t bore any of you with the technical details of jet engines. A handful of people in my family have worked for the airlines so I know about this. There is a conspiracy theory that airplanes release chemtrails as a way of controlling people through dropping these Chemtrails. The issue of Chemtrails is addressed in the recent seasons of The X Files and Stephen King’s The Mist. I think with this title that Lana will be playing on how this society believes things that are not true and how misinformation and conspiracy theories spread of social media. I think she will continue to reflect on these issues of contemporary American life.

When we see how Lana is back to her natural hair color and considering “Looking for America” (a folk song) I think this is going to be a folk record. In recent photos Lana is simply dressed. This record will likely be more stripped down. Considering that Jack Antonoff just produced a Country record for The Chicks, it won’t be a stretch to see Lana going full on folk music with Jack. This record could be very Crosby Still and Nash inspired.

Anyway this is my take. We shall see how this turns out.

Omg your mind

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy