Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 minute ago, CruelViolet said:

That’s the only bit of the demo that is NOT superior imo. The final version bridge is ??

final Freaks bridge sounds like AI generated with Lana clichés

2 minutes ago, lanadelholly said:

im so scared about this album cover, i really dont know what to expect, and i really dont want another chuck cover... :noparty:

seeing the original NFR cover a few days ago really scared me about this one ngl. I love the final NFR cover we got, but like the UO/original one is NOT it 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Manifesting songs like Gods & Monsters, Cherry, Million Dollar Man, Go Go Dancer, You're Gonna Love Me, Super Movie and Wayamaya/Waimea 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 minute ago, Mer Boy said:

seeing the original NFR cover a few days ago really scared me about this one ngl. I love the final NFR cover we got, but like the UO/original one is NOT it 

i don't think Ben would let her

1 minute ago, Mer Boy said:

i really was hoping for nicole to shoot this cover, but oh well

tumblr_p1a7ssNcup1w268obo4_250.pngtumblr_p1a7ssNcup1w268obo1_250.png

3 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

I am SO glad they released it as UO bc imagine if they re-released it for Lana’s vanity project which COCC is shaping out to be ..

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

3 minutes ago, CruelViolet said:

And the demo doesn’t??

it might not be among her best, but personally i liked it

although one could argue that it feels a lil bit disconnected from the rest of the song

i need this album to have beautiful player's raw and playful vocals and fiesty lyricism.

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

3 minutes ago, TheFirstWhoEverDid said:

Is it possible that she wasn’t recording a music video and she was recording a video interview with complex and photoshoots for cover page?

At a farm? :noparty:

Lana’s albums usually are inspired by whoever she is listening to at the time, most notably since at least Honeymoon. 

Honeymoon era - she was listening to Miles Davis, Billie Holiday, Nina Simone - and what came out was an album inspired by the Golden Age of Jazz with lots saxophone, lush instrumentation, and a vocal delivery that contained so many jazz inflections. 

Lust for Life era - she was listening to a lot of ambient, folk music in the first half of recording and then a lot of contemporary hip-hop in the second half of recording - and what came out was an album that meshed folk and hip-hop, two genres that are the masters of storytelling. 

NFR era - she was listening to a lot of music from the dawn of rock, particularly artists from Laurel Canyon, including Joni Mitchell and the Eagles. She also had a bit of a looser-rock moment with bands like Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and Sublime - and what came out was a pretty casual-sounding record with lots of organic instrumentation and kind of an improvised, “jamming session” sound. 

COTCC era - we don’t really know, but in November 2019 during the midwestern leg of the NFR tour, she was listening to Hank Williams in that Instagram story Sean posted where she almost dropped her food. She also wore a lot of southwestern-inspired outfits for that leg and brought in artists whose styles were very much rooted in a country-rock sound. She also is very much inspired by the places she visits, and she spent a lot of time in Tulsa and other midwestern cities.

While I don’t think this record will be pure country, as Lana’s style ultimately overrules the genre she’s working within for a record, I think we’ll have a slightly rawer, grittier, and provocative sound that’s somewhat more loose in lyricism with a slightly heavier pulse.  

Just now, CinnamonGirl said:

UV is overrated and no one should want a 2.0 the ONLY album that should get a 2.0 pass is Honeymoon PERIOD (and that lil sis will in fact be COTCC)

PERIOD YOUR SPILL. justice for SFBH, may jailer superior, honeymoon>UV periodddd

1 minute ago, The Greatest said:

why would you guys want unreleased songs we already have to be on the album? like we could get a new song instead?

i think they're just naming off songs they want the album to sound like, that's what i was doing, at least. 

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

COTCC era - we don’t really know, but in November 2019 during the midwestern leg of the NFR tour, she was listening to Hank Williams in that Instagram story Sean posted where she almost dropped her food. She also wore a lot of southwestern-inspired outfits for that leg and brought in artists whose styles were very much rooted in a country-rock sound. She also is very much inspired by the places she visits, and she spent a lot of time in Tulsa and other midwestern cities.

While I don’t think this record will be pure country, as Lana’s style ultimately overrules the genre she’s working within for a record, I think we’ll have a slightly rawer, grittier, and provocative sound that’s somewhat more loose in lyricism with a slightly heavier pulse.  

well

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF