Elle

63rd Annual Grammy Awards (2021)

Tonight will be the 63rd Annual Grammy Awards, hosted by Trevor Noah & broadcasting live on CBS at 8pm EST.

Due to COVID-19, the ceremony will not take place at its usual setting of the STAPLES Arena, but rather at an undisclosed location nearby.

Click here to view the full nominees list, updating live with the announced winners.

51036659723_e32292d48f_b.jpg

Premiere Ceremony:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

i truly think that either folklore or future nostalgia could win AOTY and they'd both deserve it. not only did both do great in sales and critical acclaim (not that neither would be the most important factor) but they both raised a lot of discussion, and, i also think that they both captured or represented something special during this pandemic. future nostalgia is the neon-coloured and glittering anthem of staying hopeful and cheerful during all of this and the soundtrack to dreaming/reminiscing of clubs and parties when everything gets shut down. folklore on the other hand,  captures the essence of lockdown and seclusion, when there truly is nothing else left to do than to walk around in nature while looking back to old relationships and  figuring out how you'd turn those memories into stories :oprah3:

in terms of genre and musical elements they are so different from each other, but i can't help but to see them as yin and yang, because of they both represent nostalgia so beautifully even though all of this sucks and you know, people are losing their jobs and dying

future nostalgia as being nostalgic not only about life before covid, but also about the future and better days ahead

folklore as being nostalgic about everything from the past when you've been left alone with boredom and your thoughts and memories

Spoiler

or that's how i feel, anyway :xgiggle:

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

It's started! :hype: Really hoping for a Dua sweep, but also won't be too upset if Taylor takes some of her awards bc folklore is also great.. but Future Nostalgia is truly the AOTY on all levels x

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

5 minutes ago, Elle said:

It's started! :hype: Really hoping for a Dua sweep, but also won't be too upset if Taylor takes some of her awards bc folklore is also great.. but Future Nostalgia is truly the AOTY on all levels x

agree with FN being aoty, and i'm not even a dua fan. that album pleasantly surprised me.

Just now, never for ever said:

agree with FN being aoty, and i'm not even a dua fan. that album pleasantly surprised me.

It's a very accessible album for sure! Easily likable, filled with so many highlights.

Billie's performance that just wrapped up was beautiful - I know there's some mixed feelings about her on LB, but I think her singing & writing are always lovely x

2 minutes ago, Downtown Baby Doll said:

I just tuned in towards the end of Billie's performance. Did I miss anything at the beginning?

Predicting Megan Thee Stallion or Doja for BNA

harry styles’ performance and megan won bna

2 hours ago, partymonster said:

the BTS stans having a literal meltdown on twitter over gaga is... something :oprah2: i’ll never understand people who let celebs consume their whole lives like that but oh well 

bts' music is just...not as good as it used to be. the more popular they get the worse their music gets. dynamite is an ok song compared to their early discography. kpop fans cannot understand that just bc u love them doesnt mean theyre the most talented ppl on the planet :defeated:

2 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I can’t stand Kpop don’t come @ me 

as a kpop stan, i agree. i promise there are a lot of us who are level-headed, its just kpop stan twt that is a giant groupthink filled with 14-16 year olds

on another note, the phoebe bridgers erasure is something i will not stand for. congrats to megan, but......phoebe fucking bridgers...... :crai: