Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

4 minutes ago, Marius said:

I remember the first prediction for Norman’s debut was around 70k. Then 80-85. End up with 104k. We’ll see. 

Just letting you guys know that prediction about 20k streams alone isn’t reliable at all it’s from a Stan twitter account ? we need to wait for HDD predictions 

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

the meltdowns

the Spotify player literally hasn’t even updated how do we know how many streams it got fjsksk 

also who cares she’s rich af it doesn’t matter and the physical sales were probably a lot 

The streams are literally on spotifycharts.com 

giphy.gif

She didn't promote the album at all and the lyrical themes include her being tired of the fame and wanting to go back to the days where she can be wild and make music for little to nothing

What's the big deal?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Contemplating God said:

She didn't promote the album at all and the lyrical themes include her being tired of the fame and wanting to go back to the days where she can be wild and make music for little to nothing

What's the big deal?

Exactly. 

Legends of music are not legends because they sold 300 million records and were always number 1.  Joni Mitchell, Bjork, Fiona Apple...examples.  Real talent survives the test of time. Is anyone gonna be listening and appreciating any of Justin Bieber's albums in 20 years time? I seriously doubt it. For him his whole career hangs on the balance of number 1s and selling albums. Lana has the privilege of not needing to do that to stay relevant. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 minute ago, anwdelrey said:

This is what happens when you don’t promote an album and fail to explain yourself after several controversies. At least the music’s good but I can’t say I’m not sad. 

Please calm down everyone let’s wait until HDD reports I’m expecting atleast 90k and she definitely will get #1 in the UK she’s doing great there.

I don't think she's doing terribly. Critics seem to love the album and praises her voice and songwriting, it's evident that her managers and Polydor's co-CEO are proud of her and her work, stans buy several copies of her album. I've only seen one or two fans say they'll leave the fandom because Norman and Chemtrails weren't what they were hoping for, most people seem to really like it. And like @WildMustang said, this record isn't exactly made to be commercially successful, it doesn't have Doin' Time like Norman had, no fun summer bops. The closest to that would be Tulsa in my opinion (and I hope to hear it on radio soon, but I don't expect to it to happen). She hasn't promoted the album really, and neither has Universal. They know her fans will know, because we're always hungry for more. Isn't Chemtrails like #1 on iTunes in several countries? She's doing great for an album with almost no promotion at all.

I'm proud of her. This is a solid album and I worried for a long, long time that it wouldn't live up to Norman since I loved it so much. There's a little bit of Lizzy in there, a little bit of Born To Die in the way she sings in DTWD, and she still manages to put who she is today into this work as well.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Just now, LustForDelRey said:

Please calm down everyone let’s wait until HDD reports I’m expecting atleast 90k and she definitely will get #1 in the UK she’s doing great there.

Why are you expecting 90k ??? i can’t

I'm glad she's slowly shedding away the people who use her commercial success to live vicariously for some silly stan war honestly 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, anwdelrey said:

Why are you expecting 90k ??? i can’t

Bc due to the scandals idk... maybe the pure sales will shock us and they be better than Norman... in the UK atleast the preorders helped... now hopefully she gets 100k pure sales I bought 10 copies of this albums all the exclusives not for my girl to flop

1 minute ago, Clampigirl said:

I don't think she's doing terribly. Critics seem to love the album and praises her voice and songwriting, it's evident that her managers and Polydor's co-CEO are proud of her and her work, stans buy several copies of her album. I've only seen one or two fans say they'll leave the fandom because Norman and Chemtrails weren't what they were hoping for, most people seem to really like it. And like @WildMustang said, this record isn't exactly made to be commercially successful, it doesn't have Doin' Time like Norman had, no fun summer bops. The closest to that would be Tulsa in my opinion (and I hope to hear it on radio soon, but I don't expect to it to happen). She hasn't promoted the album really, and neither has Universal. They know her fans will know, because we're always hungry for more.

I'm proud of her. This is a solid album and I worried for a long, long time that it wouldn't live up to Norman since I loved it so much. There's a little bit of Lizzy in there, a little bit of Born To Die in the way she sings in DTWD, and she still manages to put who she is today into this work as well.

We also all buy ridiculous amounts or merch so even if the album sales are not incredible we are still keeping everyone rich lol

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

22 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

I’m sad. I fear Lana’s commercially successful days are over :(

Not when NFR reached 1 billion streams on Spotify in only two years.

Anyways, I think this is my favorite Lana album so far. The way it hits me is indescribable. Every time I listen to it, it gets better. So many things to discover all over again. The production is insane too. My God, I feel so blessed to stan this woman. 

:crying2:

It does make me feel like a God.

:lange: