Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, plastiscguy said:

I just think the placement of the tracklist is... weird.

We start off with some really powerful songs. White Dress is an amazing opener, and then we have songs like the title track, Tulsa and Dark. But then, the rest of the songs were too mellow. It went from 100% to a 10% real quick and it felt like we never quite reached the climax. 

This is a classic lana problem. All of her albums always start extremely strong with the best tracks are being in the first half of the album, the middle being softer/slower and the end being usually a lot less strong than the beginning. She’s clearly just not that good at making good tracklists, most of her closings are usually either skips or weaker compared to the beginning of the album. She usually keeps at least one banger for the second half/ending tho which i really love (black beauty, heroin, the greatest, the blackest day etc) but she should start ending her albums with a real climactic BANG and not by letting them slowly fizzle themselves out. 

Cocc is even worse because it’s just so short and the last 3 tracks are 2 snoozefests and a skip. The album peaks with yosemite and after that it’s practically over which makes the album feel like a tiny EP with little to no real climax. 

I haven’t really followed (as always :facepalm:) so can someone recap what BOZ said please? There are 6 outtakes on BB, and the album is 11 tracks long?

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

2 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

This is a classic lana problem. All of her albums always start extremely strong with the best tracks are being in the first half of the album, the middle being softer/slower and the end being usually a lot less strong than the beginning. She’s clearly just not that good at making good tracklists, most of her closings are usually either skips or weaker compared to the beginning of the album. She usually keeps at least one banger for the second half/ending tho which i really love (black beauty, heroin, the greatest, the blackest day etc) but she should start ending her albums with a real climactic BANG and not by letting them slowly fizzle themselves out. 

Cocc is even worse because it’s just so short and the last 3 tracks are 2 snoozefests and a skip. The album peaks with yosemite and after that it’s practically over which makes the album feel like a tiny EP with little to no real climax. 

I think TIWMUG, Lucy Ones and Bel Air are amazing closers. 

4 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

and the end being usually a lot less strong than the beginning

????????no

?maybe BTD yes. But every other album..omg. the closers and final tracks are so beautiful 

Can I pay her to put Fine China back on the tracklist? It would work so well, especially in relation to her life over the past few months (from what we know lol) :icant: And it would be so cohesive with the singles, specifically BB itself 

imageproxy.jpg

I go for 2 hours and hell raises on the streets huh :dua: 

Anyways, stream Wildflower Wildfire for good luck today :heart: 

Comfortably numb but with lithium came poetry and baby I... :hair:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 minutes ago, The Siren said:

I think TIWMUG, Lucy Ones and Bel Air are amazing closers. 

one of them isn’t a closer and i didn’t count bel air since it’s an ep and already very short 

BoZ :

The original album had older songs too, but they were much better choices including Fine China which imo is still one of her best songs. But she cut them and replaced with demos I do not care about at all, but I'm probably just wrong and Lana knows what she is doing. I just personally wish that if she is to re-use material from old sessions we would get the iconic ones like FC, Yes to Heaven, Hollywood or fans-desired like idk Roses Bloom For You or UFB. I don't blame her for putting leaked stuff, cause of course it's not her fault, it's fans fault for listening to things that aren't released officially, but I just wish she picked something better.

OMG..

FUCK.

OMG.

FINE CHINA. NO. SISTERS. WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO DESERVE SUCH A FATE. . FUCKING HELL. I WANTED THE DAN HEATH VERSION

BYE

Just now, TangerineDreams said:

demos I do not care about at all,

....bye.

Lana why .

So no YTH,hollywood 

So thunder,CB  whatever.

Bye. Fine china.