Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

The first half of Lana’s albums tend to contain the most defining songs on the record——and then there’s always that standout track in the second half (e.g. Black Beauty, The Blackest Day, Heroin, The Greatest, etc.) that is a highlight. And that’s still to say that every song on her albums deserves its place on there!! I have a feeling Blue Banisters will be no different. :party:

I low-key wish I hadn’t listened to the snippet of Arcadia, it’s too gorgeous to have remained in my mind this long for me to feel the full impact of a full first listen, though at least the chorus remains unknown. I can never resist though.

19 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I really hope that whatever unreleased tracks end up making the album, that there is something different about them. Unpopular opinion, but I enjoy when she has a new take on a previously heard song. 

Literallllllllllly, from the examples we've heard before: Black Beauty and The Next Best American Record (you can't count Yosemite or LMLYLAW since we never heard the OG versions) they have turned out much different (at least production wise) from the originals, you can't even compare them to the demos. If she releases unreleased tracks (that we've only already heard because of leakers and not Lana's choice) then they will most definitely be different and have a new take. I'm so exhausted by people complaining about unreleased tracks on the album. The fact we call them "unreleased" is justification enough. THEY WEREN'T EVEN MEANT TO BE HEARD BY US. How hard is that for people to understand??

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

1 minute ago, yayoop said:

you can't count Yosemite or LMLYLAW since we never heard the OG versions

Yosemite is the og version tho...

1 hour ago, plastiscguy said:

If not, someone MUST leak it! :pout: It's been long enough without that gem! 

Honeymouns, on IG, used to say that it would never leak. I wonder if it’s still the case (he did Say Yosemite would never leak either - which it didn’t- but I think he said the same about Life Is Beautiful - but I could be wrong about that one)

13 minutes ago, be sweet said:

Yosemite is the og version tho...

But it never leaked and we never heard it before it was released

After you heard Yosemite on CoCC did you count it as an unreleased song because you knew of it or as a new song because you'd never heard it before?

It could've originally been a completely different song, but we wouldn't know cause we never heard it

We knew the title but we had no idea what it sounded like

The BlackBeauty demo leaked, Architecture leaked before it became TNBAR, so we knew what they could be

And they still ended up differently.

What's your point?

9 minutes ago, yayoop said:

But it never leaked and we never heard it before it was released

So after you heard it on CoCC did you count it as an unreleased song because you knew of it or as a new song because you'd never heard it before?

It could've originally been a completely different song, but we don't know cause we never heard it

We knew the title but we had no idea what it sounded like

The BlackBeauty demo leaked, Architecture leaked before it became TNBAR, so we knew what they could be

And they still ended up differently

the production credits are similar to any on LFL - and we do count it as unreleased though unleaked/unheard

I feel like the fact theres so many unreleased going to be on BB is more like what happened with Yosemite rather than her being uninspired to come up with new content.. Obviously she did want to release Yosemite, but she waited for when it felt right and it had a proper home. Maybe unpopular opinion on here but I really don’t care or prefer if we get more new or older content. New ≠ better, to me. All I ask is that each song helps to cultivate a more complete and immersive record and doesn’t feel out of place. Idc when it was written

UbsOye5.png

3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Is the general consensus (based purely on speculation/insiders) that the album is coming out on October 8? 

I mean let's hope so we just know it's out on October

Just now, be sweet said:

the production credits are similar to any on LFL - and we do count it as unreleased though unleaked/unheard

So you wouldn't want Yosemite on the album because you're aware of it's existence?