TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

8 minutes ago, EmptyPromises said:

Omg me too! I can't believe how good the single choices were this era. I loved the 80s Joan of arc theme for the video too :toofloppy:

IKR bestie! WE WON! Voices Carry (Official Visualizer) so nice!

Downhill Lullaby mv so good she drowning in on quicksand.... that swamp!

I Pray For Rain mv... she is under that thunderstorm! A+

Guardian MV is an angelical one for sure...

So excited for Descending / Don't Forget release...

I wonder what's coming next... ZEBRA I'M READY

:lolliney:

14 hours ago, sxcx said:

idk if anyone else remembers Niykee Heaton but she was also signed to Capital and had similar issues with them as Sky and DeathByRomy did. She made a really interesting video talking about it here:

ALSO: when Niykee Heaton was being held hostage at Capitol - she learned how to produce her own stuff and started her own website where she'd constantly upload new rough demos for her fans for free. Her constant output led to her building an online following. Then she self-funded her own tour and someone from Capitol ended up going to one of her shows and being impressed with the following she'd created, so they finally gave her a small window to be able to release a full project.

From what someone said in this thread before - it sounds like a similar thing happened with Sky - she was held hostage until someone at the label realized they could directly capitalize on her momentum, (of course, no thanks to them), and gave her a small window to put a project together for release. It's a shitty way to run a label, but it's not just happening to Sky. I wonder if she had their permission to post her Voices Carry cover on soundcloud, because that ended up creating a lot of buzz. If she continued doing stuff like that idk why the label wouldn't want to capitalize off of it. Idk why that was the last we heard from her since.

Right? I just can't understand why she can keep sharing self produced (or self funded) demos? 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

4 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Right? I just can't understand why she can keep sharing self produced (or self funded) demos? 

She probably doesn't want to get in trouble with her collaborators. She said in the Voices Carry description that it was the only thing she could post without "getting in trouble by other people involved on other songs".

Back when she uploaded Dynamite State to her SoundCloud page in November 2011, she had to quickly take it down due to "legal issues"

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

yes but i will never understand how the label gave her a pass for downhill lullaby (the most not radio friendly/topping the charts song ever) and then blocking everything else. like?? her songs are also very 80s which is trendy rn. i don’t get it..

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

8 minutes ago, Motopapi said:

yes but i will never understand how the label gave her a pass for downhill lullaby (the most not radio friendly/topping the charts song ever) and then blocking everything else. like?? her songs are also very 80s which is trendy rn. i don’t get it..

I will never understand why they still havent released I Pray For Rain to streaming platforms when we’ve had the ok-quality demo for like three years. I mean, I Pray For Rain is one of my favorite songs ever and I want to give her money for it, you know?

48 minutes ago, mintconfetti said:

I will never understand why they still havent released I Pray For Rain to streaming platforms when we’ve had the ok-quality demo for like three years. I mean, I Pray For Rain is one of my favorite songs ever and I want to give her money for it, you know?

PFR is definitelly one of my all time fave songs. Its perfection in all the senses

1 hour ago, mintconfetti said:

it does remind me of Everything is Embarrassing, which was a hit for Sky. i'm like 50/50 if it's all label fault. idk.

6 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

how can you call her a liar when march isn’t even over :read: don’t be WEAK (yet)

i'd only call her liar based on past instances, she seems to have a habit of giving conflicting answers to almost everything but if she wanted to clear the air :fabcat:i’m intrigued 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

I watched this video and immediately thought of Sky. It's the part where the majority of signed musicians are promised the world but instead go in debt. I already speculated that this may be the case with million dollar contracts but this only confirmed my opinion.

I also thought of the member of G.RL. who committed suicide allegedly because of financial problems. The group wasn't like little mix but I remember it getting some buzz and going viral in 2013-14. You would think that they had a solid salary and had it easy because of their group being moderately successful.

I feel like Sky was never rich enough to return all the money to her label because, let's be real, she was tumblr famous but not a single music video of hers has 10m views; views➡️clout➡️money . 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

1 minute ago, shady said:

I watched this video and immediately thought of Sky. It's the part where the majority of signed musicians are promised the world but instead go in debt. I already speculated that this may be the case with million dollar contracts but this only confirmed my opinion.

I also thought of the member of G.RL. who committed suicide allegedly because of financial problems. The group wasn't like little mix but I remember it getting some buzz and going viral in 2013-14. You would think that they had a solid salary and had it easy because of their group being moderately successful.

I feel like Sky was never rich enough to return all the money to her label because, let's be real, she was tumblr famous but not a single music video of hers has 10m views; views➡️clout➡️money . 

i wish her mom would have gotten her better lawyers or something, i really think she was taken advantage of esp if she was underage 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

5 hours ago, DownhillLullaby said:

Sky Ferreira's room website is coming! I'm creating it, I'm going to pretend that i'm Sky Ferreira and give you all that you want.

I promise

Hide contents

Perfect Blue (2022) 

I love that movie

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

She posted a new Instagram story but it's just another throwback picture from 2011. Imagine how tired we are.

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕