TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

1 hour ago, shady said:

Some of you are seriously stuck in your tumblr 2015 phase and it shows. Like Wendy Williams said, DENIAL IS A RIVER IN EGYPT. 

If this was 2015, us comparing Halsey and Sky would be completely valid, but it's 2023 ffs. Halsey had a shitty sellout era but she was in her early 20s. Now she's in her late 20s and her last album was phenomenal. Halsey has grown more as an artist, is a better performer than Sky and more famous. I wish that Sky's career was more successful so we could compare them but they're incomparable at this point. What was Sky doing while Halsey was being a sellout and earning millions? Idk, teasing Masochism. What she's doing now? Teasing Masochism. Be fucking for real. A couple of songs from NTMT are really good, the rest are forgettable tumblr indie pop, Badlands at least makes me nostalgic and gives me an urge to put on a plaid skirt, over knee socks, a choker, a halter top and take pics on that Instax mini polaroid. 

easily cleared and ended them. 

1 hour ago, shady said:

Some of you are seriously stuck in your tumblr 2015 phase and it shows. Like Wendy Williams said, DENIAL IS A RIVER IN EGYPT. 

If this was 2015, us comparing Halsey and Sky would be completely valid, but it's 2023 ffs. Halsey had a shitty sellout era but she was in her early 20s. Now she's in her late 20s and her last album was phenomenal. Halsey has grown more as an artist, is a better performer than Sky and more famous. I wish that Sky's career was more successful so we could compare them but they're incomparable at this point. What was Sky doing while Halsey was being a sellout and earning millions? Idk, teasing Masochism. What she's doing now? Teasing Masochism. Be fucking for real. A couple of songs from NTMT are really good, the rest are forgettable tumblr indie pop, Badlands at least makes me nostalgic and gives me an urge to put on a plaid skirt, over knee socks, a choker, a halter top and take pics on that Instax mini polaroid. 

I mean I’d still rather listen to any Sky album than hers but I see your point :toofloppy: I think the rest is subjective however.

A fire baptism engulfed my shame:burn:

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

Maybe if her sellout era didn't flop into oblivion, we wouldn't be stuck in this conversation.

At this point this is all just CAMP. I mean, the thread.

We need the early songs on Spotify so they can go viral and free her!!

3 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

Maybe if her sellout era didn't flop into oblivion, we wouldn't be stuck in this conversation.

3 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

Spotify local files really help me a lot, but I need As If!, 17 and Obsession back on Spotify asap

4 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

I don't think I've heard a worse song

7 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

Her pre-NTMT music was dreadful and it was clear as day that the label wanted to push her into that genre.

I think the whole situation with Sky and Capitol is a deadlock. I’m no Sky apologist, I believe she's partially at fault but seeing how the same label has handled other female artists like Tinashe, Normani and even Halsey, I wouldn’t put it past them to hold Sky hostage in a way.

I believe that they are not willing to increase her budget if she refuses to make an album according to their wishes. I also believe that she doesn’t like the album she recorded so far. It really sounds like mixed bag and a bleached version of NTMT. Far more mainstream and less grungy. I think they are still having disputes and she can’t afford getting out of her record deal.

Like I said: deadlock. Her concert issues might be related to her lack budget. The musicians need to be paid, rehearsals, etc. I think she really is broke as fuck and stuck with a label who isn’t willing to promote or support her in any way cause she owes them money.

14 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Her pre-NTMT music was dreadful and it was clear as day that the label wanted to push her into that genre.

I think the whole situation with Sky and Capitol is a deadlock. I’m no Sky apologist, I believe she's partially at fault but seeing how the same label has handled other female artists like Tinashe, Normani and even Halsey, I wouldn’t put it past them to hold Sky hostage in a way.

I believe that they are not willing to increase her budget if she refuses to make an album according to their wishes. I also believe that she doesn’t like the album she recorded so far. It really sounds like mixed bag and a bleached version of NTMT. Far more mainstream and less grungy. I think they are still having disputes and she can’t afford getting out of her record deal.

Like I said: deadlock. Her concert issues might be related to her lack budget. The musicians need to be paid, rehearsals, etc. I think she really is broke as fuck and stuck with a label who isn’t willing to promote or support her in any way cause she owes them money.

Her situation is pretty complicated and we still have no idea what's happening. What is pretty red flag-ish on Sky's part is that she won't become an indie artist. Tinashe left the label and is successfully released better music with quality music videos. I feel like Sky's clinging onto something rather than being trapped. I feel like she relys way too much on traditional way of promoting and releasing music rather than taking matters into her own hands. Maybe she's way too insecure to release music by herself. Maybe she needs to re-record all of the songs. We have no idea. There are plenty of DIY artists, she can always record music videos on her phone. Video Games is a DIY music video after all. I feel like Sky expects some Miley Cyrus Plastic Hearts level of production and promotion and the label says no cause she owes money and doesn't being enough profit. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

24 minutes ago, AlexIl said:

This was a highlight tho

Her best electropop song EVER. 

That's the only song from that EP that I listen almost daily. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

11 hours ago, the ocean said:

since when has lanaboards accepted accounts i’m pretty sure it’s always been open registration although they should close it

idk?? when i signed up it was a register thing so idk

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind