TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

i am cackling

i think it's safe to assume any rights she has to anything she has ever recorded or produced are forfeit. i'm guessing she managed to actually negotiate her way out of her contract? capitol probably just decided it wasn't worth the hassle anymore. the timing of this coming immediately after her ntmt 10 year anniversary silence and ig stories about the industry's incoming crackdown on re-recordings is very interesting to me, this has probably been in the works for a while. maybe the recent shows have been to cover legal fees

leak pretty dull to celebrate!

1 hour ago, Mash Tragic said:

Honestly I feel like it's very bad for her and for us. 

We won't hear about her and the tracks she worked on will forever be vaulted.

She's 100% too lazy to try and book shows or interviews herself. I don't know if Capitol was still doing basic advertizing for her, but I imagine they did because she doesn't seem like the type to care about that. Like, if she was still late to sing even though it's her passion, I don't see her picking up her phone ever again to attend another MET gala. 

I can't imagine another major label signing her after her Capitol days. Even if she's in the right, Capitol will probably end her reputation among their peers. Indie labels have little to no money and we know she wants better budgets. So...? 

I hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty pessimistic about her situation and Masochism existence for now. 

In the cycle of "where is the album-isms", I recall seeing Sky say a few times that the label was asking her to do things that she didn't consider part of her job, like promo. You'd think she was working at Subway being asked to scrub toilets. 😕

reface-2022-09-19-08-00-15-01-01.jpg

tbh I'm optimistic about this, sky is annoying asf I doubt she would give descending and guardian up

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

1 hour ago, Mash Tragic said:

I don't know if Capitol was still doing basic advertizing for her, but I imagine they did because she doesn't seem like the type to care about that. Like, if she was still late to sing even though it's her passion, I don't see her picking up her phone ever again to attend another MET gala. 

I get that you're not optmistic about it, but last year's promo, besides Don't Forget Music Video, those photoshoots and interviews were definately not arranged by Capitol, she has stated it on interviews that she felt that she was doing their job. Even Met Gala felt like a part of something releated to her modeling.

1 hour ago, samsclubPRESENTSavamax said:

In the cycle of "where is the album-isms", I recall seeing Sky say a few times that the label was asking her to do things that she didn't consider part of her job, like promo. You'd think she was working at Subway being asked to scrub toilets. 😕

10 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

record labels also don't run tours, its management specifically, management will typically ask for a budget from the label tho. honestly labels mainly just function as banks 

Huuun, ok. I stand corrected! I have no idea how labels really work, so thanks for the info. 

I would've argued that she probably let that to management then, but I'm not sure I understand: if she complained she had to do stuff her label was supposed to do, but said stuff isn't the label's but management's... Does it mean she doesn't have a (real) manager? Or does she have as much clue as me about what labels are supposed to do? :awkney:

We'll never know the truth behind Sky and Capitol's beef, but just from that, it seems there's a misunderstanding or a lack of knowledge on Sky's part? If labels don't do that shit and she doesn't have management, it's normal they are asking HER to do that, right? So she can't really accuse her labels of not doing... what they're not supposed to do? Not saying she's a liar but I'd find that wild she knows as much as me considering she's been in the business for years.

I do remember she said that (having to do stuff she didn't think was her job) but frankly, I'm past believing her. Sky's never been the most reliable source. Also, I'm not forgetting (ironically) that Don't Forget video she shelved herself. Girlie thinks promo isn't her job but she fires the editor to do his work? Just to never release that shit? :uh: I get not liking the editor's vision but... just do the fucking work you gave to yourself then?? This is part of the many inconsistencies that makes me believe in the perfectionnist-excuse-actual-lazy-ass explanation. I'd love to believe her but she's the reason I have trust issues. 

Sorry for the long rant but I'm genuinely so confused about all of that. And tired. I only want Pretty Dull to finally move on from her and that hell of a thread. :bebe: