TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

The mental gymnastics some people are doing in here to avoid even giving her a scrap of responsibility... I'd buy that it was label issues for the first year or two but we're literally on year 7. She had a huge interview with Pitchfork that was probably approved by her label and publicist that amounted to literally nothing. At a certain point you can't blame the label when other artists have found themselves in equally as oppressive situations and managed to release a body of work. If she was genuinely that much of a problem for the label they would negotiate her out of her contract or move her to label imprint. If she's trying to play a long game and avoiding the release an album so she can claim the label fucked her over in court and didn't do anything for her career for a long period of time so she gets dropped, well... that's a hell of a game to play when she probably could've been out after 3 albums 

BzhmW.png

3 minutes ago, imnotskyferreira said:

if an artist gives them buzz and acclaim like sky does, they won't drop, but that doesn't mean they wont put her in label hell. i said what i said y'all believe wtv. 

How do they benefit off putting her in “label hell”.. It just doesn’t happen like that. If She’s their investment and they’ve built her up and paid a certain amount to promote her and got their returns on her why would they whittle her down and wait till her fan base barely cares anymore. They’re clearly on her side or she wouldn’t have even got those big press pieces for DL

8 minutes ago, drewby said:

The mental gymnastics some people are doing in here to avoid even giving her a scrap of responsibility... I'd buy that it was label issues for the first year or two but we're literally on year 7. She had a huge interview with Pitchfork that was probably approved by her label and publicist that amounted to literally nothing. At a certain point you can't blame the label when other artists have found themselves in equally as oppressive situations and managed to release a body of work. If she was genuinely that much of a problem for the label they would negotiate her out of her contract or move her to label imprint. If she's trying to play a long game and avoiding the release an album so she can claim the label fucked her over in court and didn't do anything for her career for a long period of time so she gets dropped, well... that's a hell of a game to play when she probably could've been out after 3 albums 

I agree in all this

5 minutes ago, imnotskyferreira said:

if an artist gives them buzz and acclaim like sky does, they won't drop, but that doesn't mean they wont put her in label hell. i said what i said y'all believe wtv. people choosing to believe the big corps is scary tho.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if you're actually Sky lol

Wish you were so we could find a way to help you out. 

7 minutes ago, mintconfetti said:

Wait though, is the ep tea even real? That’s what started this whole 3-hour drama ?‍♀️

At this point, if it is real then I wouldn't be surprised if she cancels the release with the whole drama and the post deletion 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

idk if u know but she actually paid for the whole project that was ntmt, got almost 0 promo and still managed to do well. believe me they don't like her. the label hell thing well she was there before too. a close friend of mine had a similar situation and labels are tricky enough into keeping u there, its called label hell for a reason, they still profit from you believe me.

7 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

I agree in all this

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if you're actually Sky lol

Wish you were so we could find a way to help you out. 

At this point, if it is real then I wouldn't be surprised if she cancels the release with the whole drama and the post deletion 

i´m sorry i am not sky, but a good way to help would be pressuring capitol, which has been done and sometimes it seems to work. one of the reasons the label won't let her release the album i'ts because they are not willing to pay for it, hence why she's been working in movies over the years and modelling. theres not much to be done, she's under a contract. leaking someones stuff and again painting someone as a fraud over some demos is bs and doesn't help the situation at all. at least thats what my morals suggest lol. 

also don't trust everything u read online.

11 minutes ago, imnotskyferreira said:

if an artist gives them buzz and acclaim like sky does, they won't drop, but that doesn't mean they wont put her in label hell. i said what i said y'all believe wtv. people choosing to believe the big corps is scary tho.

I'm not fully trusting in the label and not her, but I don't think she has no responsibility in this anymore. If she's being difficult because they want her to go in one direction when she wants to go in another then fine, but do you see how easy that was to say? Artists have skull dragged their labels before while being signed and not been sued so idk what legal ramifications she's scared of. If anything the publicity would expedite the process 

6 minutes ago, imnotskyferreira said:

idk if u know but she actually paid for the whole project that was ntmt, got almost 0 promo and still managed to do well. believe me they don't like her. the label hell thing well she was there before too. a close friend of mine had a similar situation and labels are tricky enough into keeping u there, its called label hell for a reason, they still profit from you believe me.

Well yeah, they can sync your songs without your approval if they own part of the publishing and master recordings

BzhmW.png

3 minutes ago, imnotskyferreira said:

i´m sorry i am not sky, but a good way to help would be pressuring capitol, which has been done and sometimes it seems to work. one of the reasons the label won't let her release the album i'ts because they are not willing to pay for it, hence why she's been working in movies over the years and modelling. theres not much to be done, she's under a contract. leaking someones stuff and again painting someone as a fraud over some demos is bs and doesn't help the situation at all. at least thats what my morals suggest lol. 

also don't trust everything u read online.

Again, she could just say that and she'd be able to crowdsource the funds to release it. If that's what was holding NTMT up, all she had to do was admit it and fans would've helped fund the project. In terms of movies and modeling -- she really hasn't done much of that in the last 2-3 years so if she's relying on that to pay for a project with increasing expenses then we'll be having this same discussion in 2025

BzhmW.png

3 minutes ago, drewby said:

I'm not fully trusting in the label and not her, but I don't think she has no responsibility in this anymore. If she's being difficult because they want her to go in one direction when she wants to go in another then fine, but do you see how easy that was to say? Artists have skull dragged their labels before while being signed and not been sued so idk what legal ramifications she's scared of. If anything the publicity would expedite the process 

Well yeah, they can sync your songs without your approval if they own part of the publishing and master recordings

Also, if they truly want to profit with her (and if they hate her as "Sky who is not Sky" claimed) they would've released all her shelved projects and get so much sweet money from streams 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

28 minutes ago, imnotskyferreira said:

imagine being 16 and being forced into making music u dont connect to, ntmt was pop but not the pop the label wanted from her.  https://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/apr/05/sky-ferreira-dark-side

If that was the case, why the first three albums got shelved if that's the music the label wanted to release? 

I mean, most of Cry Baby was produced by Bloodshy and sure it was a dream come true for a big Britney's Blackout fan as Sky

4 minutes ago, drewby said:

Again, she could just say that and she'd be able to crowdsource the funds to release it. If that's what was holding NTMT up, all she had to do was admit it and fans would've helped fund the project. In terms of movies and modeling -- she really hasn't done much of that in the last 2-3 years so if she's relying on that to pay for a project with increasing expenses then we'll be having this same discussion in 2025

This 

If they wanted to profit off masochism (If in theory it ever existed as a finished album) it would be out already even with minimal promo they’d still make money. Sky would make her money back from touring if she had invested in it but let’s be real It took 4 years to mix one song. The album doesn’t exist in my mind .

Just now, princessdollie said:

If they wanted to profit off masochism (If in theory it ever existed as a finished album) it would be out already even with minimal promo they’d still make money. Sky would make her money back from touring if she had invested in it but let’s be real It took 4 years to mix one song. The album doesn’t exist in my mind .

That's the reason why she won't release the album this year, she wants to tour to get money. 

@imnotskyferreiraif you are either Sky or her mom (which is well known to talk with and follow fans on Twitter) I have a huge idea for you:

Do online shows, you will get money fast and easy. 

at the end of the day, none of us are in the situation so we don't really know what's going on with anything it's all just speculation. is it annoying? yes. is she annoying? also yes. but there's not really any point in engaging in rumors when we don't know anything about what's happening

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I love how she always finds time to write the most overdramatic, whiny and tear-soaked essays blaming everyone but herself for her broken promises. Yeah of course, it's the bIg eViL lAbEl ... can she cone up with sonething else?

And seeing how her """"collaborations"""" are most likely just her karaoke-ing demos makes it even worsw

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!