Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

5 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

gurl, back in 2012 days' mindset, when the e-girls who influenced by indie/alt/tumblr culture hadn't even existed, all the "sugar daddy" wasnt even a huge thing in pop culture,  the gp definitely shit on Off to the Races so bad it hurts.

That song was also one of the main reasons that Born to Die got mixed reviews by critics due to being "too controversial" & our sis was madly misunderstood.

I remember when people were upset she said sick as c-c-cancer KSHSIFJWKDFBWN she couldnt catch a break  in 2012 and 2019-2020 felt like a full circle

moment

9 minutes ago, Golden Hour said:

I believe so? As soon as they go live on Apple Music usually.

We didn't get them from Apple Music, tho. I can't remember from what website someone snatched them... 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I've listened to the songs in order of the tracklist over and over and here are my thoughts:

- It's overall making me very happy. The 4 unreleased are some of her best imo and the fact that she is thinking about those times, probably to heal herself or take control over her past, is exactly where I am in life too, which is making me think I'll connect to this album a lot more than I have with her last 3. 

- I don't think Text Book is a good opener. Definitely her weakest.

- I am a little worried that all the new songs we haven't heard will be very quiet and the difference between them and the rest will be too strong. I hope she's given a little bit of that rock sound to them, or at least something more driven like Cherry Blossom and WFWF. 

- I'll be happy if the unreleased songs are unchanged for the album because I fear her changing songs for the worse again. But I also fear that leaving them as they are would further that difference between them and the new songs, feeling like a poorly-put-together album so idk :crossed: I think it all just comes down to the direction of the new songs.

The more I see the Neil cover with the tractor the more I fall deeper in love with it. In her top 3 covers for me easily. I NEED IT IN MY LIFE

Also, the tractor vibes are SO Midwest. The way she continues to be inspired by this part of the country :angie: I've never been so proud to be from the middle of nowhere

giphy-1.gif 

Spoiler

I love ‘Dealer’ all around except for the intentionally muffled recording. Both voices sound distant and vague, like the mic was wrapped in steel wool. If the recording were clear, like ‘Arcadia,’ I’d prefer it. The melody is great and I like Kane’s voice in and of itself. 

‘Arcadia’ is beautiful and would have fit well on COCC  

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I think all the songs will be ballads apart from Thunder and Dealer, personally I’m bored stiff of piano ballads from her…this seems like an unpopular opinion here as most seem to really love the ballads.  Arcadia is very beautiful but it isn’t particularly interesting production wise.  Maybe an unpopular opinion again but I really wish she’d inject some trap into her albums again and songs with more fiery energy. 

I'll be happy if there's even one out-of-place banger to go with the interlude. Black Bathing Suit, we trust in you!

The yellow Blue Banisters vinyl with the alt cover is sold out on her US site… I held off because I thought an insider said Urban Outfitters would be getting that cover too and I work there so I wanted the discount :facepalm: Let’s hope that’s actually true :toofloppy:

5 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

On another note, i cant stop listening to D****r and Arcadia. Im literally obsessed. The hook of D****r especially

[REDACTED] is that bitch honestly. :sluttybunny:

5 minutes ago, Downtown Baby Doll said:

The more I see the Neil cover with the tractor the more I fall deeper in love with it. In her top 3 covers for me easily. I NEED IT IN MY LIFE

Also, the tractor vibes are SO Midwest. The way she continues to be inspired by this part of the country :angie: I've never been so proud to be from the middle of nowhere

SAME LOL

2 minutes ago, UltraviolenceMike said:

Do y’all think she’s aware that thunder and NotG as well as cherry blossom have been online for like a long time? 

Oh, definitely. She's always been pretty aware of what has and hasn't leaked

imageproxy.jpg