Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

11 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Not so different more experimental i think 

Experimental??? My coochie hurts so good! :cumming2: 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

29 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

@Elle I don’t know if I missed it among all the pages, but I didn’t see your thoughts on Arcadia, the track list, and the 3 alternate album covers!! What are your thoughts on everything? 

You're so sweet to ask! I was in such a spin earlier today between keeping track of multiple threads, approving a slew of new members, making sure the site didn't crash, etc. that I totally didn't comment on much!

Arcadia is gorgeous. I've had the intro verse stuck in my head constantly ever since she posted the initial snippet back in July, and I'm so happy to have finally heard the rest. The lyrics are super strong and creative and the melody is just heavenly. She's truly telling her story. The video is also incredible.. I would actually consider it one of her best! It's a happy medium somewhere between homemade and high budget, which I love so much and think is perfect for the song. It's such an intimate moment just dancing around with Lana at the Hilton Hotel (in many of which I have also stayed and danced in, so I related) She looks gorgeous in the video and I love the ending.. plus it birthed two new iconic LanaBoards emotions! :peace: :peace2:

The tracklist has me super excited. Although, I wanna take partial credit for predicting this ages ago because I have Lana's unreleased songs divided into multiple unreleased albums based on sound, and in one of the albums I have a track run that goes Nectar of the Gods, Cherry Blossom, and Living Legend. This is essentially what it looks like on Blue Banisters, except the last two tracks are reversed! I'm also super interested to hear the new songs too. This album is shaping up to be one of her best.

& all of the album covers are stunning as well - some of her best covers! I must admit, and don't slaughter me for this, I've never been the biggest Neil Krug fan but the cover shoot for Blue Banisters is just perfect. I love all of the covers so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing if there are any further variants for other retailers!

Overall, what an exciting day!! I'm always so happy that we can all come together here to celebrate and live in joy over new Lana releases.. in our brand new Pre-Release Thread too! :spin:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

this what we’re looking at rn???

1. Text Book (released)
  2. Blue Banisters (released)
  3. Arcadia (released)
  4. Interlude - The Trio (released kinda)
  5. Black Bathing Suit (new)
  6. If You Lie Down With Me (new)
  7. Beautiful (new)
  8. Violets for Roses (new)
  9. Dealer (leaked)
  10. Thunder (leaked)
  11. Wildflower Wildfire (released)
  12. Nectar of the Gods (leaked)
  13. Living Legend (leaked)
  14. Cherry Blossom (leaked)
  15. Sweet Carolina (new)

The horns in Arcadia are heavenly, I'm hoping for more of those on the album 

imageproxy.jpg

7 minutes ago, RELIGION said:

this what we’re looking at rn???

1. Text Book (released)
  2. Blue Banisters (released)
  3. Arcadia (released)
  4. Interlude - The Trio (released kinda)
  5. Black Bathing Suit (new)
  6. If You Lie Down With Me (new)
  7. Beautiful (new)
  8. Violets for Roses (new)
  9. Dealer (leaked)
  10. Thunder (leaked)
  11. Wildflower Wildfire (released)
  12. Nectar of the Gods (leaked)
  13. Living Legend (leaked)
  14. Cherry Blossom (leaked)
  15. Sweet Carolina (new)

idk why but this post makes me want to get some lemonade or smth 

UV/Honeymoon

Just now, lustforlife said:

Just lemme say if you think this a piano album you guys are gonna be surprised :crazy:

Omg thanks for the info king :party:

Musicians...what key is Arcadia in?

? I need to transpose to my range..

5 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Omg thanks for the info king :party:

Musicians...what key is Arcadia in?

? I need to transpose to my range..

Its BIG... Erickson did such a great job with Zach... I really think this is coming for nfr crown... its just... to much

Lust For Dead   large.gif

I love Dealer so far!!

Spoiler for my vague thoughts on it so far:

Spoiler

Seems like it's being received pretty controversially as of yet - very much unhinged Noir vibes that'll make you fall in love w it or freak you out :brows:

Just finally got home and watched the video and omg omg the middle fingers and the smiles and the fucking BEAT. I died. I also died when I discovered the album is dropping on my birthday, 10/22 ? even though we’ve heard most of the songs, I’m sure it will be a fucking SERVE when we hear the new ones and possibly re-worked ones. Fuck. The hype is here. Girlie is pissed and still wants us to know it, and Rock Candy Sweet at least lives on in her energy. I’m curious to hear her tell her story after this whole fiasco last year. And I bet she will tell it so beautifully. She’s a living legend, for sure 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

3 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

Just finally got home and watched the video and omg omg the middle fingers and the smiles and the fucking BEAT. I died. I also died when I discovered the album is dropping on my birthday, 10/22 ? even though we’ve heard most of the songs, I’m sure it will be a fucking SERVE when we hear the new ones and possibly re-worked ones. Fuck. The hype is here. Girlie is pissed and still wants us to know it, and Rock Candy Sweet at least lives on in her energy. I’m curious to hear her tell her story after this whole fiasco last year. And I bet she will tell it so beautifully. She’s a living legend, for sure 

My bday is the 23rd :trisha:

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

2 minutes ago, GetFree said:

My bday is the 23rd :trisha:

Happy birthday to us!!! 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”