Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

11 minutes ago, Diamantes said:

I’m sticking to my original theory in how itd be great for her to continue doing covers to keep a low profile but still be consistent enough towards another record. Blue Banisters still seems so fresh to me and will probably stay that way for a long while mmm hmmm mm Oklahoooooma

Surprisingly, even though I consider Blue banisters way better than COCC but for some reason, COCC is the album that I choose to comeback to frequently and both of them were 2021 releases. I don't know why but I need a little break with Blue Banisters, there is something in COCC that I feel like we did not appreciate enough

Spoiler

with that said, LDR9 better be giving more White Dress moment. While i'm still I doubting that she can outdo herself after this masterpiece, but since she outdid Venice Bitch with this & gave us Black Bathing Suit, i guess i'm sticking to being a delulu hoe.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

It’s not about topping tracks ya’ll it’s about broadening the ways of how one enjoys the music and so on and I’m sure she’ll definitely have more and more tracks that’ll perfectly do just that. Just gotta tune in *hums white dress* but i really do love white dress 

I’m really hoping we do get that cover album, her poetry first before the next one. Blue Banisters seems like an album worthy of being simmered into

UV/Honeymoon

12 minutes ago, Diamantes said:

It’s not about topping tracks ya’ll it’s about broadening the ways of how one enjoys the music and so on and I’m sure she’ll definitely have more and more tracks that’ll perfectly do just that. Just gotta tune in *hums white dress* but i really do love white dress 

I’m really hoping we do get that cover album, her poetry first before the next one. Blue Banisters seems like an album worthy of being simmered into

cant wait for behind the iron gates.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Just now, Diamantes said:

Feeling quite simmilarly about this, actually. I feel that there's just a lot to process from that last album that I'm just not interested right now in her releasing new stuff. Maybe she'll drop a single or two that are totally unexpected (in a good way) regarding how she's evolving artistically and will get me suddenly hooked for whatever is coming, but don't see that happening, to be honest. On the other hand, Blue Banisters is an album I could sit with for a long, long time, I think.

36 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Surprisingly, even though I consider Blue banisters way better than COCC but for some reason, COCC is the album that I choose to comeback to frequently and both of them were 2021 releases. I don't know why but I need a little break with Blue Banisters, there is something in COCC that I feel like we did not appreciate enough

Yeah, I'm in this boat also. The very nature of COCC (Did I just type "the nature of COCC"? Anyway....) makes it not an instantly loveable/understandable album, and then BB gets released soon afterwards and (imho) completely overshadows the former album. 

I need more COCC in my life.

(Wait....)

A.K.A. Fuckin' Mr. Brightside. 

20 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Feeling quite simmilarly about this, actually. I feel that there's just a lot to process from that last album that I'm just not interested right now in her releasing new stuff. Maybe she'll drop a single or two that are totally unexpected (in a good way) regarding how she's evolving artistically and will get me suddenly hooked for whatever is coming, but don't see that happening, to be honest. On the other hand, Blue Banisters is an album I could sit with for a long, long time, I think.

This is the spec thread but following the convo in how beautiful, poignant and deep blue banisters really is. Not to say her prev. work isnt but this record just covers so much, so well and so beautifully. It’s so powerful in how the record does a lot and shows a lot of human development and growth that not a lot of people even look into

and then u have the atmosphere and the layers behind it and how it brings it more to life 

UV/Honeymoon

So this might be far reaching and ive said this time and time again but what I’m excited for, for the next record is her really blossoming and following the steps of dtwd and violets for roses. 

when u look at the progression of her work, she’s stripped away a lot and has gotten more and more grounded and comfortable w creating her sound. Personally, i’m real hesitant w how happiness can be expressed, but I’m hoping that we get to see more careful glimpses of it.

I’m gonna manifest later it just feels a bit too soon

UV/Honeymoon

26 minutes ago, COCC said:

:wave:

Oh, hello there, COCC!!

Sometimes I wonder if LDR will surprise us all and make a great big fuckin' party-dance album next, for the post-pandemic. 

Maybe call it Born To Live. (Springsteen had a couple of Borns, right?)

2 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Hide contents

with that said, LDR9 better be giving more White Dress moment. While i'm still I doubting that she can outdo herself after this masterpiece, but since she outdid Venice Bitch with this & gave us Black Bathing Suit, i guess i'm sticking to being a delulu hoe.

For me, Blue Banisters is better as a whole, but Chemtrails is still just better? If that makes sense. 

I wouldn't be upset if LDR9 is more like Chemtrails instead of being more similar to Banisters :um2:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

16 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i have a feeling we're gonna have an album break. maybe one or two years

Yeah, maybe 2-3 years. She has been very busy since NFR. 3 albums in the span of just over 2 years, and VBBOTG to boot. I'm guessing 2024 for LDR9. 

13 minutes ago, Skuj said:

Yeah, maybe 2-3 years. She has been very busy since NFR. 3 albums in the span of just over 2 years, and VBBOTG to boot. I'm guessing 2024 for LDR9. 

definitely not 3 years.. there is more coming this year (not an album but still)

55 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i have a feeling we're gonna have an album break. maybe one or two years

unpopular opinion... but i'm manifesting :legend:

edit: she's been going going going she needs some time to cook up something really special and to allow her creative juices to build up

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

22 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

definitely not 3 years.. there is more coming this year (not an album but still)

So no LDR9 this year? :brows3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

43 minutes ago, Skuj said:

I think we'll get a single this Summer at the latest. It's already been confirmed that her DNC jacket was teasing a future project, and she's already spoken about the album to fans. I don't think she'd tease the next album 2-3 years in advance. She may have learned from her mistakes with COCC and BB by not blurting out the announcement of her next while it's still very much in progress, but I have no doubt that something will come a few months after her FJM collab