Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

31 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

definitely not 3 years.. there is more coming this year (not an album but still)

Definitively no album? Or just as far as we know thus far?

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Actually kind of want to see what would happen if she took a 5 year break in between albums. She could release the covers album and poetry books in the meantime. Also still hoping for a 10 year BTD Paradise edition re release in November but doesn’t look like that’s happening. 

2 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Actually kind of want to see what would happen if she took a 5 year break in between albums. She could release the covers album and poetry books in the meantime. Also still hoping for a 10 year BTD Paradise edition re release in November but doesn’t look like that’s happening. 

considering how much has been leaked and the talents of some lipsters we could honestly make a better re-release than interscope could provide :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

11 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Actually kind of want to see what would happen if she took a 5 year break in between albums

that would be crazy and would make everyone's expectations go up to a thousand just so we probably all be disapointed, unmanifesting

10 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i think about a year and a half break would be fine

it's long enough for her to cook up something without rushing but also it's short enough to where we're not disappointed

id like a nice break like from nfr to chemtrails, and hopefully she’ll put out behind the iron gates in between 

giphy.gif

I don't think we're getting a long break from her. She deserves to rest of course but she loves to write and record music, it's not like it's her label making her pump out records every year. Maybe we are not getting the full thing this year but I'm sure she'll release a single or two (even though I still think LDR9 is coming this September :blush3:)

giphy.gif

Just now, Venice Peach said:

I don't think we're getting a long break from her. She deserves to rest of course but she loves to write and record music, it's not like it's her label making her pump out records every year. Maybe we are not getting the full thing this year but I'm sure she'll release a single or two (even though I still think LDR9 is coming this September :blush3:)

i don't think she's gonna be doing NOTHING over the break i just think she needs to make a bit of a more refined record and a break would give her the chance to do that

i think cocc and bb are good records but i think she made of a choice including notg/ll/cb especially the youtube rips of them and if she took a longer time to make the record maybe that could be avoided

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i don't think she's gonna be doing NOTHING over the break i just think she needs to make a bit of a more refined record and a break would give her the chance to do that

i think cocc and bb are good records but i think she made of a choice including notg/ll/cb especially the youtube rips of them and if she took a longer time to make the record maybe that could be avoided

I think she also wanted to release BB as soon as possible to "close a chapter" by telling her story and move on. I wonder what LDR9 is about cause I'm sure she'll keep the autobiographical topics but I don't know how much more she can tell. I also don't think she'll sing again about hating fame and her mother tho :hide:

giphy.gif

I would say we’re due for a break if it wasn’t for Ben and Ed reposting that one insta story before BB came out of that fan speculating about more than one album being in the works. 
I know that it isn’t concrete proof of anything but it would strike me as odd that they both perpetuated that rumor if it wasn’t true in some sense. 

i don’t necessarily think we will get the full on LDR9 of new material, but I think the covers album is very likely to come this year, as well as MAYYYYYYBBEEEE he cuntry album with Nikki (both of which I look forward to).

As much as I'd love for her to take a break, I'm scared one of these days she'll take one and never come back :bebe: so no long breaks! 2 years break is fine :agree:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

we can have the covers album, the nikki lane collab record and some standalone singles with maybe some collabs for this year, and then ldr9 for 2023, i would be very content actually

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I wonder what LDR9 is about cause I'm sure she'll keep the autobiographical topics but I don't know how much more she can tell

I’ve been wondering this as well considering she’s finally (in her words) told her “story.” Maybe we’ll get an NFR/LFL type of record that is more present-focused than BB?

I’m sure she has more to tell, but I could see the context of the stories being more of a reflection of her current mindset (like Get Free, for example). 

4 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

I would say we’re due for a break if it wasn’t for Ben and Ed reposting that one insta story before BB came out of that fan speculating about more than one album being in the works

I was just about to bring this up! I wish we had some idea which project they were referring to. It’s bizarre because currently..

•DNC project (LDR9, maybe??)

•Nikki Lane Collab Album

•Behind the Iron Gates 

•Covers Record

…are all contenders for what they could be referring to. 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

14 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Is it true that Rick is working with Lana again? Or was that conversation fake?

what conversation?

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

14 hours ago, the ocean said:

considering how much has been leaked and the talents of some lipsters we could honestly make a better re-release than interscope could provide :true:

You know, There could be like a qrates vinyl pressing-only open for our members. But we’d have to like purchase a digital download of BTD or something to appease Ben & Ed. Great now my minds running with ideas, Thank You! :oprah:

IMG-3521.jpg